East Bangor Property Tax To Rise 14%,...

East Bangor Property Tax To Rise 14%, First Hike In 5 Years

There are 9 comments on the The Morning Call story from Dec 6, 2008, titled East Bangor Property Tax To Rise 14%, First Hike In 5 Years. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Property owners in East Bangor will see their property tax rate rise for the first time in five years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

1catlover

Denver, CO

#1 Dec 6, 2008
it's still almost 3% a year!
Dox

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Dec 6, 2008
In this time of economic downturn these elected officials just DON'T get it! How can you raise taxes on people when things are so bad?
Red Baron

Bangor, PA

#3 Dec 6, 2008
Its a shame that the Borough Council's only means of creating revenue is to raise taxes! East Bangor is mostly single family dwellings. They should have put more thought into purchasing a new 4x4 police Durango when they had a perfectly fine car. It seem that they need to scale back their police department spending while in an economic time like this.
ingrid

Slatington, PA

#4 Dec 6, 2008
tik tik tik tik boom. some municipalities try this approach to raise taxes. all in all, i agree w/ the 1st post. gotta love taxes going way up as the economy tanks. stability for the gov't workers, not for the majority...
laid off from victaulic

AOL

#5 Dec 6, 2008
east bangor...what a sh*thole
Kristen

Emmaus, PA

#6 Dec 7, 2008
welcome to the real world with the rest of us east bangor!
ebie

Allentown, PA

#7 Mar 28, 2009
laid off from victaulic wrote:
east bangor...what a sh*thole
leave than
ebie

Allentown, PA

#8 Mar 28, 2009
1catlover wrote:
it's still almost 3% a year!
you don't live here
ebie

Allentown, PA

#9 Mar 28, 2009
you don't live here

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Bangor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Renegade winery - Don't buy Jul '18 Elmer 3
Camp Waltell (Aug '08) Jul '18 RuffMoore 77
News Write to Know: Does anyone remember Manitou Cot... (Aug '08) Jul '18 rob 94
Stroudsburg Topix Died in 2014 ⚰ Jun '18 Trump Nation 3
DIY Obituary: Eric Matthew Frein (Sep '14) May '18 RIP Stroudsburg t... 14
How I got the Stroudsburg posters to STFU! (Dec '14) May '18 RIP Stroudsburg t... 2
Stroudsburg Topix is DEAD (Sep '16) May '18 RIP Stroudsburg t... 4

East Bangor Jobs

Personal Finance

East Bangor Mortgages