WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP Northampton Count...

WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP Northampton County ORDINANCE RESTRICTS WHER...

There are 4 comments on the The Morning Call story from Sep 14, 2007, titled WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP Northampton County ORDINANCE RESTRICTS WHER.... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Supervisors in Washington Township, Northampton County, have approved an ordinance restricting where convicted sex offenders can live.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

wierd

Bethlehem, PA

#1 Sep 14, 2007
If a sex offender lives 1,501 feet away does this make them a better person and decrease the chance that they will do evil again? Silly law but politically correct. STUPID!!!!!
Eastonian

United States

#2 Sep 14, 2007
Why are they living anywhere? Make these capital crimes. A certain death sentence would probably help a lot of men make better decisions.
Barbara

Douglassville, PA

#3 Sep 15, 2007
wierd wrote:
If a sex offender lives 1,501 feet away does this make them a better person and decrease the chance that they will do evil again? Silly law but politically correct. STUPID!!!!!
I agree. Do they think these guys don't have transportation? Nightline's predator reports shows these guys will travel hours to find someone.
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#4 Sep 17, 2007
I agree with previous posts. Unless a sex offender is under visual surveillance 24/7, there is absolutely NOTHING to deter him from going out and finding new victims. It seems we hear every day on the news of "registered sex offenders" committing new crimes. I say lock 'em up forever or put 'em down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Bangor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stroudsburg Topix Died in 2014 ⚰ Jun '18 Trump Nation 3
News Write to Know: Does anyone remember Manitou Cot... (Aug '08) Jun '18 Cherie Martin Sch... 93
DIY Obituary: Eric Matthew Frein (Sep '14) May '18 RIP Stroudsburg t... 14
How I got the Stroudsburg posters to STFU! (Dec '14) May '18 RIP Stroudsburg t... 2
Stroudsburg Topix is DEAD (Sep '16) May '18 RIP Stroudsburg t... 4
Poll The Diaper Sniper's Fate (Sep '14) May '18 fackchecker 9
kirby center Apr '18 chuck 1

East Bangor Jobs

Personal Finance

East Bangor Mortgages