New Mayor Elected in East Aurora and ...

New Mayor Elected in East Aurora and Alden

There are 10 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Mar 18, 2008, titled New Mayor Elected in East Aurora and Alden. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

Voters in the villages of East Aurora and Alden have elected new mayors Tuesday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

THE REAL TRUTH

Rochester, NY

#1 Mar 19, 2008
WOW, Alden can now move forward with a new mayor...It is a great little country town and not only did they KICK WALMART OUT..they have a great Supervisor and now a great mayor again...Congrat's to Alden
Smitch83

Jersey City, NJ

#2 Mar 19, 2008
Nothing like following in East Aurora's footsteps...
SPECIAL ED

Bedford, OH

#3 Mar 19, 2008
Smitch83 wrote:
Nothing like following in East Aurora's footsteps...
East Aurora

Guy by the last name of Crook, comes out of nowhere, and upsets David D. How did this happen ? I guess this is just typical EA politics,

Sorry for your loss Dave, You were a good mayor for EA, someone with fresh ideas and approaches.
disappointed

Buffalo, NY

#4 Mar 19, 2008
SPECIAL ED wrote:
<quoted text>
East Aurora
Guy by the last name of Crook, comes out of nowhere, and upsets David D. How did this happen ? I guess this is just typical EA politics,
Sorry for your loss Dave, You were a good mayor for EA, someone with fresh ideas and approaches.
Sometimes the right man does not get elected! Sorry to see Dave go!

“Walking Attitude”

Since: Aug 07

The Q continuum

#5 Mar 19, 2008
disappointed wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes the right man does not get elected! Sorry to see Dave go!
I'm thinking that I'd change my last name if I were going into politics with a name like that..........

“Walking Attitude”

Since: Aug 07

The Q continuum

#6 Mar 19, 2008
Sounds as if the voters of EA were disenchanted with Dave. Why would that be? What parties were the candidates, and what were their platforms? I'm not that familiar with EA politics.
frozen water

Buffalo, NY

#7 Mar 19, 2008
Queue wrote:
Sounds as if the voters of EA were disenchanted with Dave. Why would that be? What parties were the candidates, and what were their platforms? I'm not that familiar with EA politics.
no parties in EA. all a big to do over some frozen water.

Since: Feb 08

United States

#8 Apr 11, 2008
THE REAL TRUTH wrote:
WOW, Alden can now move forward with a new mayor...It is a great little country town and not only did they KICK WALMART OUT..they have a great Supervisor and now a great mayor again...Congrat's to Alden
The Village of Alden is in such great shape precisely because of the great job that the former Mayor did, in my opinion. The DPW guys held out for a sweetheart deal that the public would probably be shocked to know the details of. They were mad, and they and the Fire Department got one of their own elected. The new Mayor is a good man, but I hope he doesn't screw up the good situation the former Mayor left him.
same here in EA

Buffalo, NY

#9 Apr 11, 2008
AldenBob wrote:
<quoted text>
The Village of Alden is in such great shape precisely because of the great job that the former Mayor did, in my opinion. The DPW guys held out for a sweetheart deal that the public would probably be shocked to know the details of. They were mad, and they and the Fire Department got one of their own elected. The new Mayor is a good man, but I hope he doesn't screw up the good situation the former Mayor left him.
Mayor DiPietro did a great job.

Don't know the new guy. We'll see. He just created some sort of tourism task force. Seems in his best interest, considering his wife owns a village store. Hope he focuses on more than the issues that concern local merchants and his family.

One complaint...he brought back the mayor that DiPietro beat, to work on some other new committee. Dumb move if you ask me. Campaing on change and then bring back the ideas that were defeated 8 years ago????
same here in EA

Buffalo, NY

#10 Apr 11, 2008
Queue wrote:
One particular trustee and about 300 other people did not like Dave's ambition. He has/had upward political potential. He was agressive with his fundraising. He received a few big donations from business that ended up providing costly services to the village. Keep in mind the contracts were bid and the buinesses were voted on by the trustees. Then there is this BIG ice rink that divided the village. Well...the location was in dispute. 2/3 want the ice rink close to main st. Dave wanted it away from mn st. Wanted a new fire station on the property, senior housing at the old fire station and the ice rink a hair outside the village. Obviosly Dave should have ditched the fire men and the seniors to save his own career.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Aurora Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Horse Abuse .. Jun 22 Glen 1
Lancaster's New Mascot: LEGENDS Jun 21 Redskins supporter 1
Vidlers Jun 21 Taxed to death 1
News Qdoba to open three Buffalo Niagara area restau... Jun 12 Gramps 1
Cheryl Samulski Jun 10 Yep its true 1
News Two New York State Troopers shot (Aug '06) Jun 8 Black Avenger 72
News Azrieli Foundation Donates $10M for Hebrew Univ... Jun 6 ytr 3
More from around the web

East Aurora People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE