Jeffery T. Facer, M.D., P.T. announces leave from Medicor Associates of Chautauqua

Oct 22, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Observer

After almost eight years in practice as a physician with Medicor in the Fredonia/Dunkirk community, Jeffery T. Facer, M.D., P.T. has announced his leave.

Comments
21 - 40 of 49 Comments Last updated Jan 10, 2014
aha

Fredonia, NY

#21 Feb 15, 2012
What wrote:
Lived here all my life too, You dont get it! This is different, its not about misdiagnosis, or someone trying to kill anyone its about control of the market, money, unnessesary services being provided and maybe even fraud. Since the beginning of time, if you didnt like a doctor, you'd find another one. Today, when you look for other doctors you find theyre all being absorbed by medicor, and Medicor is ruining the doctors. Now there expanding into catt county now too, sucking doctors into their greedy scheme and deminishing the quality of care in another county.
Diminishing care? Your basing this on what? This is no different than huge law firms, insurance companies etc. Its a business and a business is geared to making $$$$$. If you have a car drive to Jamestown, Erie, Buffalo, we are fortunate to have these services right at our back door. It seems like some people are either jealous,misinformed or just do not have anything better to do than carp. Good luck with your search for a health care professional who is so great they never have to refer you to a specialist and can cure you right out oof their little office.
Christine Jacobson

Binghamton, NY

#22 Apr 5, 2012
I truly miss Dr. Facer. He was one of a kind: gentle, considerate. He took time with his patients and his concern was genuine. I never felt hurried with him or patronized. He was thorough in his examinations and took the time to explain everything. Medicore's loss.
Hmmmm

Lockport, NY

#23 Apr 5, 2012
Here's what people AREN'T getting, and that's the fact that Medicor is forming a monopoly!! Are you aware that if you are dissatisfied with any doctor in Medicor you CANNOT switch to any other Dr. in Medicor? Is anyone stupid enough to see that as a GOOD thing!!!? Mewdicor and the mindset behid it is why your medical cocts have risen at 5 to 10 times the rate of inflation for decades!!! It's easy to place all the blame on the drug insurance companies, but greedy Dr's are as much or more at fault and are being given a free pass on the blame!!! Dr's always made a good living, but now, that's not good enough. Now Dr's want to be millionaires!!! I can remember when old Dr. Barnes and BOTH of his sons worked out of one office. I don't recall any of them being broke. Now Steve works out of how many offices? Try getting into see him! Look at what's happening with Brooks hospital and Lakeshore. Brooks absorbed Lakeshore, Brooks was in the black and Lakeshore was deeply in the red. Smart move? Now we have a larger board of oversight at a much higher pay and Lakeshore is still bleeding Brooks dry!!! Wake up!!!!
ouch

Fredonia, NY

#24 Apr 5, 2012
Hmmmm wrote:
Here's what people AREN'T getting, and that's the fact that Medicor is forming a monopoly!! Are you aware that if you are dissatisfied with any doctor in Medicor you CANNOT switch to any other Dr. in Medicor? Is anyone stupid enough to see that as a GOOD thing!!!? Mewdicor and the mindset behid it is why your medical cocts have risen at 5 to 10 times the rate of inflation for decades!!! It's easy to place all the blame on the drug insurance companies, but greedy Dr's are as much or more at fault and are being given a free pass on the blame!!! Dr's always made a good living, but now, that's not good enough. Now Dr's want to be millionaires!!! I can remember when old Dr. Barnes and BOTH of his sons worked out of one office. I don't recall any of them being broke. Now Steve works out of how many offices? Try getting into see him! Look at what's happening with Brooks hospital and Lakeshore. Brooks absorbed Lakeshore, Brooks was in the black and Lakeshore was deeply in the red. Smart move? Now we have a larger board of oversight at a much higher pay and Lakeshore is still bleeding Brooks dry!!! Wake up!!!!
Whats your point.Good doctoring right in town, that is not a terrible thing. Monopoly, I will call it good business acumen. There were several Barnes doctors, was it a monopoly? And it is the insurance companies driving up costs and the drug companies also/
Localguy

Dunkirk, NY

#26 Apr 6, 2012
Anyone been to Facer's replacement yet? What a scatterbrain. I just want a doctor with a good bedside manner that listens, is truly concerned with my care and provides the proper treatment. That was Jeff Facer in a nutshell. And yes it is true that you cant swap doctors within medicor, so when they finally get all of the local doctors under their umbrella we're screwed like Hmmmm stated. And they have the majority of the doctors already. I think I'm going to check out Westfield Family physicians, they seem to get good feedback.
Im with all of you

Buffalo, NY

#27 Sep 17, 2012
Medicore isout of control...i'm actually printing all of these comments and going to send them to independent health. maybe they can start an invesitagion into Medicor and expose them for what they are. I might even call one of the news agencies. It's comments like this the politicians should be seeing. The abuse. Dr. landis is a BIG JERK. He bullied me. Tried to tell me I needed to use his Physical Therapy. boy was he really mad when i said it go to a chiropracter. i had my chiro x-ray me. he didn't like that one bit. No report with the x-ray. He couldn't read the x-ray. Oh too bad. text book doctors...My friend goes there and her parents...her liver test came out literally 0.2 out of the normal range. he wanted to send her for a liver scan. she said was it necessary. and he said..you have good insurance...she said no i don't. i have a high deductible....after that chat..he said she could put it on the back burner. give me break. and they also make you go back for a doctor's visit now just to get your blood test results. RIDICULOUS. never had to before. We should all expose medicore. I'm done with Dr. Landis. and Medicore. finding me a new doctor.
Im with all of you

Buffalo, NY

#28 Sep 17, 2012
oh and some of my friends had facer and they are not impressed at all. be careful..he makes bad decisions...he'll end up killing somebody
race fan for life

Fredonia, NY

#29 Oct 15, 2012
The problem is its hard to find a good Dr and Dr Facer listened to you I hate repeating myself over and over to the new doc and I pushed between Peerzada and dawn and changing meds and I am sick of it
race fan for life

Fredonia, NY

#30 Oct 15, 2012
I can't believe you think it's good to monopolyize medical care cause as far as I can see my husband and myself don't see medicor being better care they charge for rechecks and Dr Facer never did so patient care has gotten worse and doctors won't take patients that are on pain meds and you can't get another doctor within medicor cause they won't change you but my wish is Dr Facer goes back into private practice
At a loss

Orchard Park, NY

#31 Oct 24, 2012
Medicore is thriving and expanding to the surrounding areas. They are buying over all the practices and they have doctors that have no morals or ethics that are ready to prey on a helpless group of patients. They make you do unnecessary tests in their facilities and then call you back in the office to discuss the results. That's a double whammy.
The only comfort is that good doctors who can't stand medicore are leaving them and joining together in the new practice. As patients we have a choice now. Physicians and practices are dependent on us and in time medicore will sink in their pride. Waiting for that day lets make that happen ....
cardboard garage

Fredonia, NY

#32 May 18, 2013
Facer did fine as a Doc until he started banging his secretary. He has four kids so it ain't like he ain't getting it at home. Medicor cleaned house & got rid of all his playmates and him too. He is working at an old folks home now. No one to chase around with there!
Fast Eddy

Fredonia, NY

#33 May 19, 2013
cardboard garage wrote:
Facer did fine as a Doc until he started banging his secretary. He has four kids so it ain't like he ain't getting it at home. Medicor cleaned house & got rid of all his playmates and him too. He is working at an old folks home now. No one to chase around with there!
different name same perverted pig.
emma

Fredonia, NY

#34 Dec 15, 2013
If you think Landis and the other doctors do a bad job with their regular patients, you should see what kind of a job they do at the Absolut nursing homes where they are the doctor in charge. . Especially Dunkirk. Unbelieveable.
Umm

Roxbury, CT

#35 Dec 18, 2013
emma wrote:
If you think Landis and the other doctors do a bad job with their regular patients, you should see what kind of a job they do at the Absolut nursing homes where they are the doctor in charge.. Especially Dunkirk. Unbelieveable.
nursing homes are the worst! If they have a patient in the hosp. Guess what they don't get pAid! So your loved ones don't get shipped out til they get worse. What a joke! It's no joke if it's you. Best thing to do is be vigilant an keep an eye on your loved ones in any home. Document everything. Don't be dismissed by the nurses or docs. The nurses get yelled at or fired for not going along with this.
Nurse

Fredonia, NY

#36 Dec 18, 2013
Umm wrote:
<quoted text>nursing homes are the worst! If they have a patient in the hosp. Guess what they don't get pAid! So your loved ones don't get shipped out til they get worse. What a joke! It's no joke if it's you. Best thing to do is be vigilant an keep an eye on your loved ones in any home. Document everything. Don't be dismissed by the nurses or docs. The nurses get yelled at or fired for not going along with this.
That is a lie!!!!!
Dude

Fredonia, NY

#37 Dec 28, 2013
Medicor has some cuts coming before 2013 is done, too. Good luck to those who are on the unfortunate end of things.
Emma

Fredonia, NY

#38 Dec 30, 2013
Umm,. you are so right, I've seen it where they keep sick patients so long in the nursing home that its too late for the hospital to be able to do any good by the time they get them.
Doc

Dunkirk, NY

#39 Jan 2, 2014
Dude wrote:
Medicor has some cuts coming before 2013 is done, too. Good luck to those who are on the unfortunate end of things.
2013 is over. Tell us, oh wise one, who has been cut?
Joe G

Fredonia, NY

#40 Jan 2, 2014
Doc wrote:
<quoted text>
2013 is over. Tell us, oh wise one, who has been cut?
You need serious mental health help asap!
Doc

Dunkirk, NY

#41 Jan 3, 2014
Dude wrote:
Medicor has some cuts coming before 2013 is done, too. Good luck to those who are on the unfortunate end of things.
Names???? You don't have any, do you?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Aurora Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Year Long investigation Leads to the Arrest of ... 2 hr franko 1
Fatal Shooting May Be Linked To Phillips Manhunt (Jun '06) 3 hr Who Me 2,986
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) 4 hr Figo01 441
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 15 hr Who are trying to... 6,413
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Aug 29 Lol 16,779
Review: Montage Salon Aug 27 jess 1
lost cockatiel july 2013 Aug 24 Ken 1
•••
•••
East Aurora Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

East Aurora Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

East Aurora People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

East Aurora News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in East Aurora
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••