Fatal Shooting May Be Linked To Phillips Manhunt

Full story: WBEN-AM Buffalo

Family members think the intensive manhunt for escapee Ralph "Bucky" Phillips may have led to the death of a Southern Tier man.
Comments
2,921 - 2,940 of 2,983 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
bigTex

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2008

Judged:

lefty and matt are you bed buddies?
BRADSUPPORTER

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2010

Judged:

Who are you to say how many times he was shot? Were you there? Do you know the facts? So unless you do, you should keep quiet. Brad was a great friend of mine and did not deserve to die. Nor did anyone else that was involved with the Bucky case. So show some sympathy. An innocent man lost his life because somebody wanted to be a "hero." They shot the wrong person and now, well let's just say their trying to cover their ass.(TROOPERS) I WAS THERE THAT NIGHT. I know what happend...you on the other hand, do not! So get your facts straight.

“Why not”

Since: Feb 09

Mine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2010

fill us in Brad supporter?
fn idiot

North Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Judged:

Bet Bucky likes where he I hear he likes to drop the soap a lot
no BS

Jamestown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Judged:

fn idiot wrote:
Bet Bucky likes where he I hear he likes to drop the soap a lot
Did you think that up all by yourself, or did your idiot brother help you?
Not too Bright

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

no Bs is a little offended i think what Bucky passed your butt hole for some other stinky Indian?
no BS

Jamestown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

Not too Bright wrote:
no Bs is a little offended i think what Bucky passed your butt hole for some other stinky Indian?
WTF are you trying to say? Spit it out!
Not too Bright

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

no BS wrote:
<quoted text>WTF are you trying to say? Spit it out!
your just as big or a low life a-hole as buckshithead is sopleasegofuckyourself i am sure you do it well
no BS

Jamestown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

Not too Bright wrote:
<quoted text>
your just as big or a low life a-hole as buckshithead is sopleasegofuckyourself i am sure you do it well
With a reply like that you are showing your ignorance or you are very young and just learnrd how to cuss!
wow

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

no BS wrote:
<quoted text>With a reply like that you are showing your ignorance or you are very young and just learnrd how to cuss!
What a inbred fukkkenarsshole!!!
no BS

Jamestown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

wow wrote:
<quoted text>What a inbred fukkkenarsshole!!!
I'll bet your the smartest person in your whole dumba$$ family!
wow

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

no BS wrote:
<quoted text>I'll bet your the smartest person in your whole dumba$$ family!
YOU'RE the scumbag bringing up a topic from 6 yrs ago.GIVE it a rest anyone who lived around wants to forget about it.YOU'RE probably related to the psychopath. So go find your sister and buy her a engagement ring. OH I forgot you inbreds don't do that you just sleep with one another and try to keep it quiet.
WoW and no BS

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

You 2 must be related if not i am sure you 2 get it on with each other on a regular basis
Concerned

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Judged:

WIFE OF A NYS TROOPER wrote:
Sorry to inform you, but Freedon of Speech. Ever heard of it? We have lost two loved ones from the NYSP the past few months due to people like this, who have NO respect for law enforcement. One was MURDERED and the other one lost his life because some little punk would not STOP for him. These men and women are here to protect US from people like these idiots who think they are above the law and think that they can outrun the police. I will continue to make what ever comments I feel necessary. Thank you!
Oh this all seems like a very long time ago. While looking back over this time in wonderful Chautauqua County and as a resident living in the middle of the mess....I just have to comment. 1. Dear wife of officer--you missed the first lesson in being an officer's spouse. Keep thy mouth shut waiting the final outcome of any investigation. You could have leaked anything your husband may have said to you in confidentiality thus jeopardizing the investigation and his job. 2. Oh I remember the Officers that came storming in through the area all to well. I had them in droves come through my home and yard in the middle of the night like storm troopers. They had infra-red from a chopper hovering over my home flood lights all over and ordering us out of our home in night clothes. Ever get hauled out of bed in the middle of the night with guns aimed at you? And for what! Because my other half was spotted coming home from work in Dunkirk and the passenger may have been Bucky..........omg the passenger was my just turned 18 yr. old son who was working the same place, same shift with his step father. That stinking night has scarred me for life. I had my auto torn apart, the camper turned upside down and my home ransacked that night. I can't even get through a traffic check even now without being reduced to near hysteria. Just so you know yes there were some officer's out there on a good ole power trip thank you.
Never to tired

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

To concerned

If it wasn't for that Buckfuckhead none of this would of happen to you or your Family this guy if you want to call him that was a major problem! where the cops really screwed up was they didn't put a bullet in his head!
sad incident

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

...the kid on the ATV died, because he thought it would be fun to get drunk (and or high) and go tweak the noses of law enforcement, who were involved in a massive dragnet for an armed & dangerous murderer...it would be no different if he took a real looking 'toy gun' and pointed it at officers, thinking it would be 'funny'...and after being dragged for over a mile, it was a clear case of self defense...if all persons involved had a chance to rethink the situation, it probably wouldn't have happened, very sad incident
Neocornholer

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2012

Judged:

sad incident wrote:
...the kid on the ATV died, because he thought it would be fun to get drunk (and or high) and go tweak the noses of law enforcement, who were involved in a massive dragnet for an armed & dangerous murderer...it would be no different if he took a real looking 'toy gun' and pointed it at officers, thinking it would be 'funny'...and after being dragged for over a mile, it was a clear case of self defense...if all persons involved had a chance to rethink the situation, it probably wouldn't have happened, very sad incident
The death of Brad Horton was avoidable on many levels. I have to question the judgement/reasoning of a young man who chose to ride an ATV (which was supposedly Phillips mode of transport at the time) at night (which was supposedly when Phillips was moving under the cover of darkness) through the area where Phillips was believed to be. Brad Horton HAD to be aware of all of that, given the SP presence as has been complained about / documented by the area residents.... then, to flee from the police when contacted? Is it a real surprise how this ended up? Completely avoidable.
CHIEF

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2012

Judged:

Hatescops wrote:
Nice to hear from the cops. A big F U to all the uniforms involved.
Wow,it's "anonymous", "ITWA", and all the other former cons rolled up into one. Careful,don't violate your parole.
ITWA

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2012

Judged:

CHIEF wrote:
<quoted text>Wow,it's "anonymous", "ITWA", and all the other former cons rolled up into one. Careful,don't violate your parole.
ANOTHER worthless comment from JOE WHITE!!!
unbelievable

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2012

Judged:

ITWA wrote:
<quoted text> ANOTHER worthless comment from JOE WHITE!!!
why doesnt everyone get ovr it & move on. Bucky phillips suffers everyday of his life. U should all be happy for that. No one deserved to die during that time. The police were literally crazy they terroized innocent people. People that had the same last name and absolutely no connection the sp terroized before they found out the information. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the innocent families that still suffer their loss. Especially the kids. But the bottom line is the police will never admit to any wrong doing or going over bored when this hunt started before anybody lost their life..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent East Aurora Discussions

Search the East Aurora Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Matt Lauers Toupee 6,362
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 6 hr teddy Joe McCarthy cruz 6,341
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 19 hr Sham Hannuty 16,777
what was going on today with the helicopters an... 20 hr kris 1
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Jul 20 Sham Hanutty 436
Two teens arrested after fights in Cheektowaga ... Jul 18 Life Coachiii 29
WIVB-TV News4 Buffalo, NY |Contract for Depew r... (May '08) Jul 17 Madhatter 127
•••
•••
•••
East Aurora Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

East Aurora Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••