Drive-Thru Dilemma

Drive-Thru Dilemma

There are 14 comments on the WIVB Buffalo story from Feb 26, 2008, titled Drive-Thru Dilemma. In it, WIVB Buffalo reports that:

But even if you don't stop at Tim Hortons, you've probably noticed those long lines.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIVB Buffalo.

observer

Windham, ME

#1 Feb 26, 2008
Check out the traffic problems in the village of Hamburg Tim Hortons. People stop on South Park when they are in "line" There should be a NO STANDING sign in front of these shops. He who burns gas to wait for coffee adds to its price. They add to the pollution by standing with their car running. Tim Hortons has made poor planning and site location part of their menu. DON'T STOP IN THE ROAD if you can't get in line. PARK and go inside.
Environmental Liberal Guy

Lancaster, NY

#2 Feb 26, 2008
It's ridiculous in other areas as well. Harlem Road and Union Road in West Seneca have cars wrapped out into the street for the drive through product.

Not only does this practice use more fuel, but it creates a traffic hazard as well. Even if you were attempting to enter to go inside, the drive through waiting folks preclude you from doing this.

as a further aside, on last night's newscast, Don Postles referred to the place as "Timmy Ho's". Hope our local black leaders don't punish him "Imus style".

Timmy Ho's indeed.
Jen

North Tonawanda, NY

#3 Feb 26, 2008
I HATE the one in Tonawanda (Sher-Del) I myself have been in an accident because of ... well, we were both to blame, I won't say it was entirely the other individual's fault. Both of us should have been more careful. I was even backed up into once (hardly even a tap and we didn't even exchange cards).

But that one is brutal in the morning. Lines in every direction. I'm glad I live out in Williamsville now. And I"ll admit, I do tend to pull into that left turning lane into the school because I feel it's more of a traffic dilemma if I just stop in the left lane. Perhaps they should put up a sign disallowing left turns into that Tim's from Maple.
Chris

Dunkirk, NY

#4 Feb 26, 2008
Instead of complaining about these problems, how about just not going there to begin with?
SUNY Student 2009

Fredonia, NY

#5 Feb 26, 2008
I find it funny that when a business is failing we all complain, and when a business is THRIVING we all complain even louder. I have an idea, lets close all the businesses that impede traffic, and in return, how about we pay higher taxes to offset the loss in sales tax caused by closing and boycotting businesses. People, please grow up. There are real problems in this world. How about we focus on children going hungry at night when their parents cannot afford food, or low test scores that plague the Buffalo School District, or better yet, the cost of education these days. Stop complaining about a cup of coffee and the traffic it creates. If you know about it, avoid it. Take an alternate route, leave your house a few minutes earlier, or ask your employer if you can start work a little later to avoid the traffic.
Environmental Liberal Guy

Lancaster, NY

#6 Feb 26, 2008
SUNY Student 2009:

You say:

"I have an idea, lets close all the businesses that impede traffic, and in return, how about we pay higher taxes to offset the loss in sales tax caused by closing and boycotting businesses. People, please grow up. "

I say:

This is not really supposed to be an issue about complaining about a thriving business, but rather addressing an element of proper sustainable growth planning. The issue is clearly that the land used by Tim Horton's or other places of a similar ilk do not have enough space to accommodate the flow of customers. We should come up with proper alternatives that keep safety in mind while additionally helping these businesses thrive.

If the design of their business is incompatable with the surrounding neighborhood (read traffic jams), then these demographics should be addressed for environmental and safety issues, while similarly addressing the needs of the local businesses that are affected.

(Still chuckling about Postles' "Timmy Ho" comment last night - where's Al Sharpton when we need him?)

Maybe you're right, I need to grow up.....
Lancaster resident

Buffalo, NY

#7 Feb 27, 2008
We have a new Hortons right at the end of our residental street. When we heard that there was one going in, we went to our town board to expess our concern for safety(our road is on a major road and is the only exit we have to enter or exit). We had a petition and voiced our concerns to the board. While the board AND planning board voted it down because of the size of the land would not be large enough for the business, Tim Hortons threaten to sue, took it to a judge and the judge made the town approve it. NOW THAT IS CRAZY! And not to mention that there is 3 other Hortons within a mile of this one and more being built. I have no problem with this business thriving but there does need to be more power to the towns and villages and residents when there is such an impact to their neighborhood. Law suits only show that you are a bully and dont care about the people you effect.
Sabres fan

Jamestown, NY

#8 Feb 27, 2008
Who Cares!! The lines move fast anyways. If you go there, be careful... If you don't go there take an alternate route... You do on football Sundays around Ralf Wilson Stadium. If you ask me , Pretty cheap advertising for Tim Hortons!!! One Large Cafe Mocha to go Please!!!!
fedup

Canandaigua, NY

#9 Feb 27, 2008
I guess it would be cheaper and safer to invest in a coffee maker. who really cares it comes down to the fact that you can't do anything about it because the big chains bring a lot of money into town and that greases a lot of palms when it comes to government. People think the government works for them, well in some ways it works we do have it better here than other places but money is the bottom line and if every one got together and paid erie county more than timmy ho's than you could tell them to go where ever you want.
Sabres fan

Jamestown, NY

#10 Feb 28, 2008
I could use a cup right now... do you think the coast is clear?
MG in Hamburg

Buffalo, NY

#11 Feb 28, 2008
Police in these jurisdictions should enforce traffic safety laws. I encounter the problem in the Village of Hamburg and on Seneca St. in West Seneca. Hamburg will be totally out of control this summer as road construction continues on South Park (Buffalo St.)
Mark

Windham, ME

#12 Feb 29, 2008
observer wrote:
Check out the traffic problems in the village of Hamburg Tim Hortons. People stop on South Park when they are in "line" There should be a NO STANDING sign in front of these shops. He who burns gas to wait for coffee adds to its price. They add to the pollution by standing with their car running. Tim Hortons has made poor planning and site location part of their menu. DON'T STOP IN THE ROAD if you can't get in line. PARK and go inside.
It is because Hamburg is run by Mark Cavocolli and his council people - Former council person Kathy Courtney Hocal always pushe dthat issue aside too. It is a hazzard and the Towm needs to act on it and stop allowing the state or village to waste time and money with round A bouts.
innocent bystander

United States

#13 Mar 4, 2008
what holds up the line the most is the addition of the Bagel BLT.

that sando is epic.
Leon

Windham, ME

#14 Mar 4, 2008
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>It is because Hamburg is run by Mark Cavocolli and his council people - Former council person Kathy Courtney Hocal always pushe dthat issue aside too. It is a hazzard and the Towm needs to act on it and stop allowing the state or village to waste time and money with round A bouts.
Hocal and Cavacolli have been a horrible part of Hamburg for years , taking money for a job not done . YES I can also say they do get thier streets plowed first and the drivway of both many times is a Hamburg town vehicle doing the job . I have seen it and it makes me sick!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Aurora Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bills fans collecting memorabilia for devastate... Sep 3 terrr o 2
DWI David Wisniewski Aug 23 dWI 1
David Wisniewski Aug 23 Davids Mom 1
News Buffalo adds a touch of London with double deck... Jul '17 buffalobus 1
News Hot-dog contest, fireworks, beachgoing mark Jul... Jul '17 anonymous 1
car accident arrest June 25th, 2017 Jun '17 Carol 1
looking for brain surgeon that lived in orchard... Jun '17 Jimi Dean 1

East Aurora Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance