Larrys Auto Repair do not use

Larrys Auto Repair do not use

Posted in the East Alton Forum

bad auto repair

Edwardsville, IL

#1 Mar 9, 2012
Do not use larrys auto repair in east alton run by Larry Linnen on Kingshighway in East Alton. He is a ripoff had my vehicle for 8 weeks and still didn't correct it andbleft it at a dealership with a diagnostic bill due because he couldn't figure out what was wrong. RIPOFF SCAM!

the white power ranger

“Try my Troll House cookies!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#2 Mar 9, 2012
contact the attorney generals office...
bad auto repair

United States

#3 Mar 12, 2012
just found out the last name I posted is spelled wrong. His name is Larry Tinnon. DO NOT USE OR BUY ANYTHING FROM HIM RIPOFF ALERT!

the white power ranger

Location hidden

#4 Mar 13, 2012
lol!!!!

i bet larry is laughing now...

so what was wrong with your car and what did they not fix?
bad auto repair

United States

#5 Mar 13, 2012
Well actually the only way I figured out the spelling of his last name was because his son emailed me a nice response to my craigslist ad On the receipts I received for the money I already paid him it was too hard to determine the correct spelling of his last name. As for what was wrong I hired him to do a rebuild of my engine and after 8 weeks of promising every few days it would be done and one thing after another not being right including two things I figured out for him because he couldn't, he left my vehicle at a dealership with a diagnostic bill due. He had to take it to the dealership because he was too stupid to figure out what he was doing wrong. Funny thing was I figured it out with a Google search and I am by no means a mechanic.

the white power ranger

Location hidden

#6 Mar 13, 2012
no shit!?

a mechanic without diagnostic abilities!!!???

and i must say this so you know in case you run into it again..

unless the shop does nothing but engine rebuilding..a regular shop does not rebuild..they cannot afford the time or equipment to do so..they hunt for a replacement engine to swap yours with whether it be new or used...

larry probably picked up an engine from the junkyard that was probably in the junk yard for a reason and may have even not known what he was doing with the master harness...
bad auto repair

United States

#7 Mar 14, 2012
well that is what i get for giving someone a chance. he had been laid off from a dealership in edwardsville that had closed. the vehicle is older in nature and more of a toy of mine so didn't want to pay shop prices to get it done. i think i am going to be able to fix most of his screw ups myself. all it took me was a couple of google searches to figure out at least one thing he did wrong. thankfully also when he left it at the dealership everything was put back together it just isn't running right which of course is what he was contracted to do. i have been trying to fix it myself instead learning a lot along the way that's for sure. once i get it running i am going to have my normal mechanic check it out see if they can tell if he just put in a used engine that way i will have even more to take to small claims court and the attorney general. Live and Learn! Next time I will do it myself (well me and google haha)

the white power ranger

Location hidden

#8 Mar 14, 2012
you must be speaking of four shafts...umm..err..i meant to say four flags...
bad auto repair

Chicago, IL

#9 Mar 14, 2012
Haha yeah that's the place no wonder they shut down with idiots luke larry tinnon working there
Larry Tinnon Jr

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Jul 20, 2012
Wow Matt, you are really a low life. This jeep was and still is a POS. When he got it and opened it up it was completely engulfed in sludge. It looked like someone had dipped this in plati-dip about 1000 times. Obviously there are bigger issues with that engine because here it is about 6 months later and you still do not have it running after taking it to multiple mechanics. I just came across all the posts you have made on the Wrangler forum. I bet you aren't telling anyone how you tried to get me fired because I sent you a cease and desist letter. Yea, for anyone reading this, I had contacted this peice of shit for days from my personal email. I warned him of the possiblity of me sending this letter numerous times from my personal email. By pure misfortune I sent the letter from my work account which happens to be a law-firm. This guy knew that I was not a lawyer but proceeded to email the managing partner of my firm stating that I was perpetrating my self as a lawyer. Nice try but I am still here, my dad is still working on cars with many happy customers, and you still have your POS Jeep that doesn't run right. Also, you have a bill of over $500. You only paid for the parts and none of the labor.
yup

United States

#11 Jul 22, 2012
I wouldnt have posted that. now he has in print you being nasty to him. shouldve just let it go for the sake of your business. you get a nasty one every once and a while.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Alton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kristin duich (Aug '15) Oct 2 Just me 4
Sex Trafficking Oct 2 The truth 6
Girls Oct 2 Ready69 2
Party girls Oct 1 Bigbig 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Sep 27 NoMoreIncumbents 137
Does anyone remember? Sep 24 Steve 2
News DCFS ordered father of seven found dead in housea (Mar '17) Sep 23 Wowpayingattention 2

East Alton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

East Alton Mortgages