Vases taken from graves

Vases taken from graves

There are 24 comments on the Belleville News-Democrat story from Mar 1, 2008, titled Vases taken from graves. In it, Belleville News-Democrat reports that:

“We feel there were probably more stolen”

Three people were charged Friday with stealing 40 vases from two local cemeteries to sell for scrap metal.

Stephanie K. Thomas, 38, of Glen Carbon; Khandi E. Chambless, 20, of Granite City; and Adam D. Brown, 28, of Granite City; each were charged with theft over $300. Thomas was charged with two counts of theft.

The owner of a scrap recycling center in Granite City contacted the Madison County Sheriff's Department on Thursday after Thomas and Chambless brought in a number of the vases for recycling. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Belleville News-Democrat.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just me

United States

#22 May 30, 2010
I agree, was just saying. I am a mom and it is sad as hell that kids are not safe playing in their own yards anymore!

the white power ranger

“Try my Troll House cookies!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#23 May 30, 2010
unfortunately it is the way things seem to be going...

until society actually gives a negative sense to punishment, people will not try to better themselves...
wtf

Highland, IL

#24 Jun 3, 2010
No matter where you go you will always have to deal with these kind of people, they are everywhere. As hard as money is to come by, I am surprised more of this does not go on. Our economy sucks! It was never this hard to find jobs or for our children to find jobs. Prices keep going up and it is very hard to get by. I don't find the behaviour acceptable, just believeable.

the white power ranger

“Try my Troll House cookies!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#25 Jun 3, 2010
wtf wrote:
No matter where you go you will always have to deal with these kind of people, they are everywhere. As hard as money is to come by, I am surprised more of this does not go on. Our economy sucks! It was never this hard to find jobs or for our children to find jobs. Prices keep going up and it is very hard to get by. I don't find the behaviour acceptable, just believeable.
words of someone that came from a good family...the shit bums talk totaly different and blame society in a means to justify their bad choices and actions...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Alton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Outlaws MC (Sep '09) May 3 Onewheelwonder 114
Does it really suck working for Olin-Winchester (Aug '09) Apr 28 Wonder 147
Liberty Mutual Homeowners Apr 27 brittany 1
News a Father's Love Lasts Forever: Scott Hunter ref... Apr 24 Richard Rollo 2
News David Michael announces bid For Madison County ... Apr 12 CitizensforKelly 10
News Granite City Early Childhood Center FightsTo St... (Mar '10) Apr 6 FriendOMike 240
News Real-Deal Diner: The Petri Cafe in Granite City (Mar '11) Apr 6 lonnie 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

East Alton Mortgages