Vases taken from graves

Vases taken from graves

There are 24 comments on the Belleville News-Democrat story from Mar 1, 2008, titled Vases taken from graves. In it, Belleville News-Democrat reports that:

“We feel there were probably more stolen”

Three people were charged Friday with stealing 40 vases from two local cemeteries to sell for scrap metal.

Stephanie K. Thomas, 38, of Glen Carbon; Khandi E. Chambless, 20, of Granite City; and Adam D. Brown, 28, of Granite City; each were charged with theft over $300. Thomas was charged with two counts of theft.

The owner of a scrap recycling center in Granite City contacted the Madison County Sheriff's Department on Thursday after Thomas and Chambless brought in a number of the vases for recycling. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Belleville News-Democrat.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
all around

United States

#1 Apr 13, 2008
dang meth addicts

Since: Jan 08

Hume, MO

#2 Apr 20, 2010
all around wrote:
dang meth addicts
These kind of people are disgusting scum. No respect for the departed.I hope they each get the maximum sentence that can be given for what they did.
I want to say Thank You to the scrap recycling owner.
bad girl turned good

Granite City, IL

#4 May 15, 2010
some people arent always on their best judgment and it was wrong but did u ever stop and think maybe one of them was at her wits end and had to try to bring in some money for her kid and seen that the other two got away with it once so why not try. its not always about drugs!!!!! shit sitting around watching everybody out their stealing sit for their drug habit maybe she stole once bad choice of course but she wanted to keep her kid in a place to live since everyone knows that gc boys think their men but when the words baby or pregant comes up they start running and dont look back........ sometimes u half to do anythig to keep that little person in ur life safe and warm!!!!!!!
your nutz

Granite City, IL

#5 May 16, 2010
Well I personally know the one person in this case and he would do it FOR ANY drug he could get. he even stole a laptop from his own mom, also was involved a few years back with that girl from Collinsville that was missing 28 days and kept drugged up and raped by like 7 guys him being the dope runner for them. Ive seen him many times breaking into his mothers house. I hope they never let this man out!
your nutz

Granite City, IL

#6 May 16, 2010
your nutz

Granite City, IL

#7 May 16, 2010
That didnt work so try this:

K99759 - BROWN, ADAM D.
Parent Institution: Graham Correctional Center
Inmate Status: IN CUSTODY
Location: GRAHAM


Sex Offender Registry Required

VITALS
Date of Birth: 10-06-1979
Weight: 197 lbs.
Hair: Brown
Sex: Male
Height: 6 ft. 00 in.
Race: White
Eyes: Blue

MARKS, SCARS, & TATTOOS
TATTOO, CHEEK (FACE), LEFT - TEAR/WEB (NECK- ARIEN SHIELD)
TATTOO, FOREARM, LEFT - 1/2 SLEEVE (BACK- SWASTIKA)
TATTOO, ARM, LEFT UPPER - CROSS/SWASTIKA/RIBBON/"A "/SWAN/B
TATTOO, ARM, RIGHT UPPER - CONFEDERATE FLAG/WINGED CREATURE
TATTOO, FOREARM, LEFT - REAPER/"WHITE POWER"/SWASTIKA

ADMISSION / RELEASE / DISCHARGE INFO
Admission Date: 05/28/2008
Projected Parole Date: 10/21/2010
Paroled Date:--
Tentative Discharge Date:
Discharge From Parole: 10/21/2011


SENTENCING INFORMATION
MITTIMUS: 09CF2665
CLASS: 3
COUNT: 1
OFFENSE: ESCAPE/VIOLATE ELEC MONITORING
CUSTODY DATE: 10/21/2009
SENTENCE: 2 YEARS 0 MONTHS 0 DAYS
COUNTY: MADISON
SENTENCE DISCHARGED?: NO

MITTIMUS: 08CF423
CLASS: 3
COUNT: 1
OFFENSE: THEFT CONTROL INTENT $300<10K
CUSTODY DATE: 03/21/2008
SENTENCE: 3 YEARS 0 MONTHS 0 DAYS
COUNTY: MADISON
SENTENCE DISCHARGED?: YES

MITTIMUS: 06CF2071
CLASS: 3
COUNT: 1
OFFENSE: RET THEFT/DISPLAY MERCH/>$150
CUSTODY DATE: 09/08/2006
SENTENCE: 2 YEARS 0 MONTHS 0 DAYS
COUNTY: MADISON
SENTENCE DISCHARGED?: YES

MITTIMUS: 05CF1528
CLASS: 4
COUNT: 1
OFFENSE: THEFT/CON/PRIOR CONVIC <300
CUSTODY DATE: 08/25/2005
SENTENCE: 0 YEARS 18 MONTHS 0 DAYS
COUNTY: MADISON
SENTENCE DISCHARGED?: YES

MITTIMUS: 03CF1227
CLASS: 4
COUNT: 1
OFFENSE: AGG FLEEING POLICE/2ND
CUSTODY DATE: 09/09/2003
SENTENCE: 1 YEARS 0 MONTHS 0 DAYS
COUNTY: MADISON
SENTENCE DISCHARGED?: YES
your nutz

Granite City, IL

#8 May 16, 2010
So as soon as 10/21/10 he will be back out among us!
tommy lady

Chesterfield, MO

#9 May 16, 2010
The law be funny you did not know that when 3 men beat my wife to death over drugs 2 never even went to jail and the one that did -did only only only 3 years for beating her to death she weight 106 pounds the cobine weight of the 3 men that beat her to death was 450 something pounds she died a voilent death in the middle of the street as a group of granite city dope heads watch and laugh (( THE LAW BE FUNNY AND THE DOPE HEADS OF GRANITE THEY BE SAD VERY VERY VERY SAD ))) THEM THE DOPE HEADS OF GRAINTE WANT TO COME ON HERE AND TALK ABOUT HOW BAD ASS THEY ARE ALL THE BAD ASS NAMES ON HERE OR JUST SICK PUNK ASS HELPLESS BICTHS AND TWO OF THEM I WOULD LOVE TO COME OUT OF HIDING AND COME TO ME THE OTHER OF THE 3 WELL HE HAS BEEN MISSING FOR AWHILE AND I KNOW FOR A FACT WILL NEVER BE SEEN IN GRAINTE OR ANY WERE ELSE EVER AGAIN some times what goes around comes around
your nutz

Granite City, IL

#10 May 16, 2010
Wow when and where did this happen? thats so sad but I dont remember this.
sorry 2 hear

Saint Louis, MO

#11 May 16, 2010
tommy lady wrote:
The law be funny you did not know that when 3 men beat my wife to death over drugs 2 never even went to jail and the one that did -did only only only 3 years for beating her to death she weight 106 pounds the cobine weight of the 3 men that beat her to death was 450 something pounds she died a voilent death in the middle of the street as a group of granite city dope heads watch and laugh (( THE LAW BE FUNNY AND THE DOPE HEADS OF GRANITE THEY BE SAD VERY VERY VERY SAD ))) THEM THE DOPE HEADS OF GRAINTE WANT TO COME ON HERE AND TALK ABOUT HOW BAD ASS THEY ARE ALL THE BAD ASS NAMES ON HERE OR JUST SICK PUNK ASS HELPLESS BICTHS AND TWO OF THEM I WOULD LOVE TO COME OUT OF HIDING AND COME TO ME THE OTHER OF THE 3 WELL HE HAS BEEN MISSING FOR AWHILE AND I KNOW FOR A FACT WILL NEVER BE SEEN IN GRAINTE OR ANY WERE ELSE EVER AGAIN some times what goes around comes around
im sorry 2 hear that about yr wife. wat is the names of these punkass dopers.i think danny prichete( dont think i spelt the lastname rite)was involved with the 14yr old girl. he is a waste of life & should b in prison 4 that!! but i dont think n e of them punks didn e time 4 it
sorry 2 hear

Saint Louis, MO

#12 May 16, 2010
your nutz wrote:
That didnt work so try this:
K99759 - BROWN, ADAM D.
Parent Institution: Graham Correctional Center
Inmate Status: IN CUSTODY
Location: GRAHAM
Sex Offender Registry Required
VITALS
Date of Birth: 10-06-1979
Weight: 197 lbs.
Hair: Brown
Sex: Male
Height: 6 ft. 00 in.
Race: White
Eyes: Blue
MARKS, SCARS, & TATTOOS
TATTOO, CHEEK (FACE), LEFT - TEAR/WEB (NECK- ARIEN SHIELD)
TATTOO, FOREARM, LEFT - 1/2 SLEEVE (BACK- SWASTIKA)
TATTOO, ARM, LEFT UPPER - CROSS/SWASTIKA/RIBBON/"A "/SWAN/B
TATTOO, ARM, RIGHT UPPER - CONFEDERATE FLAG/WINGED CREATURE
TATTOO, FOREARM, LEFT - REAPER/"WHITE POWER"/SWASTIKA
ADMISSION / RELEASE / DISCHARGE INFO
Admission Date: 05/28/2008
Projected Parole Date: 10/21/2010
Paroled Date:--
Tentative Discharge Date:
Discharge From Parole: 10/21/2011
SENTENCING INFORMATION
MITTIMUS: 09CF2665
CLASS: 3
COUNT: 1
OFFENSE: ESCAPE/VIOLATE ELEC MONITORING
CUSTODY DATE: 10/21/2009
SENTENCE: 2 YEARS 0 MONTHS 0 DAYS
COUNTY: MADISON
SENTENCE DISCHARGED?: NO
MITTIMUS: 08CF423
CLASS: 3
COUNT: 1
OFFENSE: THEFT CONTROL INTENT $300<10K
CUSTODY DATE: 03/21/2008
SENTENCE: 3 YEARS 0 MONTHS 0 DAYS
COUNTY: MADISON
SENTENCE DISCHARGED?: YES
MITTIMUS: 06CF2071
CLASS: 3
COUNT: 1
OFFENSE: RET THEFT/DISPLAY MERCH/>$150
CUSTODY DATE: 09/08/2006
SENTENCE: 2 YEARS 0 MONTHS 0 DAYS
COUNTY: MADISON
SENTENCE DISCHARGED?: YES
MITTIMUS: 05CF1528
CLASS: 4
COUNT: 1
OFFENSE: THEFT/CON/PRIOR CONVIC <300
CUSTODY DATE: 08/25/2005
SENTENCE: 0 YEARS 18 MONTHS 0 DAYS
COUNTY: MADISON
SENTENCE DISCHARGED?: YES
MITTIMUS: 03CF1227
CLASS: 4
COUNT: 1
OFFENSE: AGG FLEEING POLICE/2ND
CUSTODY DATE: 09/09/2003
SENTENCE: 1 YEARS 0 MONTHS 0 DAYS
COUNTY: MADISON
SENTENCE DISCHARGED?: YES
who is this about?
your nutz

Granite City, IL

#13 May 16, 2010
K99759 - BROWN, ADAM D.
Parent Institution: Graham Correctional Center
the white power ranger

Granite City, IL

#14 May 16, 2010
Yup! Meth-heads, heroin users and child molesters run rampant in this town. When will the decent people start to stand up and drive these people out of town? They all need to be shot and buried in shallow unmarked graves ... somewhere on the outskirts of town because my back yard is filling up quickly!
duh

De Soto, KS

#15 May 20, 2010
the white power ranger wrote:
Yup! Meth-heads, heroin users and child molesters run rampant in this town. When will the decent people start to stand up and drive these people out of town? They all need to be shot and buried in shallow unmarked graves ... somewhere on the outskirts of town because my back yard is filling up quickly!
duh huh I'm the white power ranger i'm a little gay guy duh huh huh
Bonegirl

Bunker Hill, IL

#16 May 22, 2010
tommy lady wrote:
The law be funny you did not know that when 3 men beat my wife to death over drugs 2 never even went to jail and the one that did -did only only only 3 years for beating her to death she weight 106 pounds the cobine weight of the 3 men that beat her to death was 450 something pounds she died a voilent death in the middle of the street as a group of granite city dope heads watch and laugh (( THE LAW BE FUNNY AND THE DOPE HEADS OF GRANITE THEY BE SAD VERY VERY VERY SAD ))) THEM THE DOPE HEADS OF GRAINTE WANT TO COME ON HERE AND TALK ABOUT HOW BAD ASS THEY ARE ALL THE BAD ASS NAMES ON HERE OR JUST SICK PUNK ASS HELPLESS BICTHS AND TWO OF THEM I WOULD LOVE TO COME OUT OF HIDING AND COME TO ME THE OTHER OF THE 3 WELL HE HAS BEEN MISSING FOR AWHILE AND I KNOW FOR A FACT WILL NEVER BE SEEN IN GRAINTE OR ANY WERE ELSE EVER AGAIN some times what goes around comes around
that's sad! When did this happen?
jennier

Overland Park, KS

#17 May 22, 2010
total disrespectful hoosiers!!!

the white power ranger

“Try my Troll House cookies!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#18 May 22, 2010
jennier wrote:
total disrespectful hoosiers!!!
i must agree with you this time jennier...meth heads are hoosiers and so are grave robbers...
Heatermike

Wentzville, MO

#19 May 29, 2010
Come into my place and I'll just shoot. (Not in the arm)
just me

United States

#20 May 29, 2010
the white power ranger wrote:
Yup! Meth-heads, heroin users and child molesters run rampant in this town. When will the decent people start to stand up and drive these people out of town? They all need to be shot and buried in shallow unmarked graves ... somewhere on the outskirts of town because my back yard is filling up quickly!
I agree with you on running them out of town, or maybe IDK somehow sending them all to prison even death row, but killing them would only get you in trouble. lol

the white power ranger

“Try my Troll House cookies!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#21 May 30, 2010
sending them to prison only puts them into a place where they are combined in with other pieces of shit that society has no room for...when this happens, they conspire and refine their abilities and skills, and not the productive skills either...

this is a throw away society we dwell in and when the bleeding hearts recognize that, the world will begin to improve...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Alton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholic Children Home 1950 (Apr '07) 4 hr ALiciab80 205
unmarked cars are taking pictures on the 4000 b... Apr 26 Lmao 16
Zombie Film Shot Here In Alton (Sep '16) Apr 25 News Reporter 14
Nathan Narup Apr 23 Jcp 1
Outlaws MC (Sep '09) Apr 18 hardhead 126
mikey cuvar (Mar '11) Apr 13 FriendOMike 8
Grant family members Apr 4 Mjean82 1

East Alton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

East Alton Mortgages