Man Turns In Cousin For 25-Year-Old Murder of Clarence Decker

Full story: Fox2Now
An Alton, Illinois, man believes he has reopened the 25-year-old homicide case of Clarence Decker by turning in one of his own relatives. Full Story
Shelly

Camp Point, IL

#1 Oct 12, 2009
I would like to add that whoever did this took someone very special away from me. I was able to call Clarence Decker Grandpa for 6 years. Some of my fondest memories is that everytime I would visit I would set on his lap and he would give me silver dollars 1 for each year since I was born, I also loved the tire swing and getting to watch movies from the little room the movies were shot from and getting all the free popcorn and candy I could eat. I have wondered most of my life who would do this and why. Although I was only 6 when he was murdered these memories will stay with me forever. I hope justice can finally be served!
Tony

AOL

#2 Jan 6, 2010
Shelly,
if you read this again. Hi cousin. Uncle Clarence was special to me also. he treat me and my 3 brothers with lots of fun in our lives. I was blessed to have him for almost 30yrs in my life. My uncle was one of the state cops would tried so hard for my mother's sake to solve this crime, as to who killed her uncle. he was one of the good guys in my life and I loved him very much. My great-uncle deserves justice for his life. my prays and hope goes with the police to end this and justice for my uncle.
Tony
Wow

Tokyo, Japan

#3 Jan 12, 2010
I heard that one of the problems that the investigators had trying to interview people was that he wasn't an easy guy to work for and he made a lot of people mad at him through the years. I won't use the word I've heard people call him but everyone is painting a rosy picture of Mr. Decker. I do admit that killing his was very, very wrong...but when you're a business man, you tend to make alot of people happy.....AND unhappy!
I do hope justice is served here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Alton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
South Roxana Man Charged With Sexual Assault (Jan '14) Dec 10 Justyce 4
help john deere modle g styled with front loade... Dec 6 john deere g 1
Where you can drop off fallen tree limbs (Dec '06) Dec 3 ThankfulforTrashP... 5
gc police are the worst... i.e. BP Nov 26 samuel adams 1
Outlaws MC (Sep '09) Nov 24 canuhearmenowedwa... 102
Rita Vanpelt murder Nov 19 Danger 1
Kyle Lamere Nov '14 Jennifer 10
East Alton Dating
Find my Match

East Alton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

East Alton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in East Alton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:41 am PST

NFL11:41AM
Trestman: There's accountability in Bears' building
NBC Sports12:41 PM
Bears' Trestman aware of speculation about future - NBC Sports
Yahoo! Sports 1:20 PM
Chicago sportscaster apologizes for tasteless joke in Cutler pun
NBC Sports 1:57 PM
Marc Trestman: It's evident I haven't gotten best from Jay Cutler
NBC Sports 2:15 PM
Should fantasy owners bench Eli Manning in Week 16?