big d

Brighton, IL

#124 Apr 20, 2013
Brian wrote:
Well Olin will be gone soon enough thanks to the Union greed, high taxes and corrupt politicians
The three sised pyramid of losing employers thanks to the good Democrat voters of Madison County Illinois
(enjoy your food stamps)
your stil a dump ass, wasnt union greed...... it was the greedy management, such as the ceos, he makes millions a yr.. but yet he wanted us to take a pay cut......
Brian

Edwardsville, IL

#125 Apr 21, 2013
big d wrote:
<quoted text>
your stil a dump ass, wasnt union greed...... it was the greedy management, such as the ceos, he makes millions a yr.. but yet he wanted us to take a pay cut......
What the CEO makes is none of your business
Your wage rate is determined by market forces and you greedily wanted more than you were worth.
If you want what a CEO makes...then go be a CEO
holy cheeses

Hicksville, NY

#126 Apr 24, 2013
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>What the CEO makes is none of your business
Your wage rate is determined by market forces and you greedily wanted more than you were worth.
haha, reminds me of the old mexican't on mind of mencia: "I waaant to be a bank preeeesident, but the white man won't let me!"
CASH

Murphysboro, IL

#127 May 15, 2013
THIS IS NOT A SCAM, I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR THOSE! THE CASH IS IN HAND, ALL I NEED IS THE INFO. THANK YOU!
big d

Brighton, IL

#128 May 16, 2013
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>What the CEO makes is none of your business
Brian your a dumb ass...... we work for our money and NO we wasn't greedy.. this place was moving no MATTER what.. if we took a pay decrease it would not have mattered.. the company has been planning this move for years.. they just wanted us to make less while moving.. this is what you out siders do not understand, why should I make less its not keeping my job here any longer.. sorry but all the news you been reading is soo far from the truth..
Brass Mill

United States

#129 May 17, 2013
Who knows Dianna Lynn Take? The !!!!! who takes who ever she wants?
Brass Mill

United States

#130 May 17, 2013
Who knows Dianna Lynn Take from Troy IL? What do you know about her?
hello

United States

#131 Jul 11, 2013
Haven't any of you ever heard work for a damn living you lazy asses. Your all worthless wanting everything and not doing anything for it.
peter

Blue Springs, MO

#132 Sep 18, 2013
the big D wrote:
Hello, Olin/winchester sucks, the point system if made for companies that give thier employees sick/personal days off, in olins eyes you dont need a day off, i have been working 13 days on with 1 day off. Managment has made comments how we dont deserve a day off. The only reason we get the 1 day off off is because its the law. Management is stupid to say the least.. force people over for no reason, just to do it. if you get sick, dont call off you will get a point. If you are sick and need 3 days off and Dr says so,cuz you need it off, Olin doesnt care.. you have to medical leave if you need a(5) few days off, and you will still get 1 point if you take medical. so then your only opton is FMLA, then you can take any day off you need, but the company cries BOO HOO to many people on FMLA. well the Company forced people to use FMLA, the only excused absence is if your die..Now winchester is moving to Oxford Ms,.. Joesph Rupp says we make $10 per hour to much, and he cant make it on 6 mil a year. Wish i had that peoblem.. The Move to Oxford isnt about union,taxes ect.. its all about Corperate GREED, Rupp wants more in his pocket and less to the hard working employees..Over the past few yrs the management has treated the union working with no respect,like we are dirt and dogs.
Winchester is a piss poor run company, when they move the employees will loose thier, jobs,homes,car and pension..
This area will suffer..
Hey RUPP, if you want to save money then cut your pay..or get out and go somewhere else, leave winchester alone and right here in east alton.
I LOST MY JOB TO GREED
Well, that just about sums it up entirely, at least from my perspective. I suspect we'll have a worker revolution one of these days in the U.S. or at least a general strike nation-wide. And some people on the right(wrong) side argue that workers have too many rights and the big bad unions are what's crippling our standard of living- no, it is corporate greed that is pushing us to third-world status and third-world treatment by employers.
Peter2

United States

#133 Nov 9, 2013
Thought this place was closing. What gives? Change they're minds?
Joe

Farmington, MO

#134 Nov 9, 2013
Winchester is moving to Oxford, do you think it was going to be done at once.. Corporate greed is killing America.. Right on peter
Bubba Johnson

Jerseyville, IL

#135 Nov 10, 2013
Peter2 wrote:
Thought this place was closing. What gives? Change they're minds?
Hell Yeah
Just wanna know

Grenada, MS

#136 Jan 8, 2014
Unemployed Steel Worker wrote:
Heard that this place really is a bad place to work from fellow steel workers.Anyone out there know if this is true? Forced over time,no cost of living raises,sub pay and that people are talked down to by management ect.
Can you get fired for a traffic ticket!!!!!!!
Just wanna know

Grenada, MS

#137 Jan 8, 2014
I wanna no can u get fired from a traffic ticket!
Unbelievable

Cincinnati, OH

#138 Jan 12, 2014
This isn't just happening at Olin-Winchester... this is happening at all major corporations and companies. We are all treated terrible that work in a factory or plant setting. The managers they hire are toddlers fresh out of college that have never worked a real job in their lives or have any kind of social skills to deal with employees.

You guys are right. They don't care about you.. your family... your physical or mental health. All they care about is the production. But when something happens to them, God forbid, roll out the red carpet for special treatment.

We will always be management scapegoats, even if they have made the poor decisions that have ruined the business. Union or not, everyone is a door mat. Stop blaming the unions... there aren't that many left anyway.
james burch

Crawfordsville, IN

#139 Jan 30, 2014
i used to work at olin brass in indianapolis, they have no respect for human beings, they are all about greed. they are the lowest form of scum on the face of the earth. thes people have no soul, they are heartless bastards.
sunshine 59

Wentzville, MO

#140 Mar 3, 2014
the big D wrote:
Hello, Olin/winchester sucks, the point system if made for companies that give thier employees sick/personal days off, in olins eyes you dont need a day off, i have been working 13 days on with 1 day off. Managment has made comments how we dont deserve a day off. The only reason we get the 1 day off off is because its the law. Management is stupid to say the least.. force people over for no reason, just to do it. if you get sick, dont call off you will get a point. If you are sick and need 3 days off and Dr says so,cuz you need it off, Olin doesnt care.. you have to medical leave if you need a(5) few days off, and you will still get 1 point if you take medical. so then your only opton is FMLA, then you can take any day off you need, but the company cries BOO HOO to many people on FMLA. well the Company forced people to use FMLA, the only excused absence is if your die..Now winchester is moving to Oxford Ms,.. Joesph Rupp says we make $10 per hour to much, and he cant make it on 6 mil a year. Wish i had that peoblem.. The Move to Oxford isnt about union,taxes ect.. its all about Corperate GREED, Rupp wants more in his pocket and less to the hard working employees..Over the past few yrs the management has treated the union working with no respect,like we are dirt and dogs.
Winchester is a piss poor run company, when they move the employees will loose thier, jobs,homes,car and pension..
This area will suffer..
Hey RUPP, if you want to save money then cut your pay..or get out and go somewhere else, leave winchester alone and right here in east alton.
I LOST MY JOB TO GREED
We just filed grievances saying Illinois state law says they CAN NOT force for Sundy, you can voulinteer but they can not force, and we won!!! file grevances and contact Windy, she will help
vishino123

United States

#141 Oct 25, 2014
Why are you people bitching and crying at least you have a job. There is millions of people homeless and trying to find work. Shut up and do your job!!!!!
bad

Alton, IL

#142 Oct 25, 2014
they are all losing their jobs
Brian

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#143 Nov 12, 2014
They are not losing their jobs...they ran them away with their greed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Alton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ptsd 14 hr ural77 1
Elias Funeral Homes Feb 25 Preachin the truth 7
Any1 knows James Massey?? Feb 23 justwondering 1
Blue Pool (Feb '09) Feb 19 Zach Hardin 52
Fire Destroys Building in Bunker Hill (Jun '14) Feb 18 Guest 13
gay 13 year old in edwardsville illinois looki... Feb 17 Yourmom 2
Crystal Swiecicki (Nov '12) Feb 17 Meee 7
East Alton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web