Does it really suck working for Olin-...
shellybelly

Granite City, IL

#84 Aug 6, 2011
HA-HA wrote:
Helly-smelly,then shut your mouth.You have insulted enough people on this forum,time for payback.
Like I said....F-YOU!!!!!!!!!! I've said NOTHING to insult anyone here on this forum. I think it's time for YOU to learn to read and far most...COMPREHEND what your reading. It's quite obvious you haven't a clue as to what is going on. Do us all here and get a life under that rock you live under.
HA-HA

East Alton, IL

#85 Aug 9, 2011
How is your unemployment checks?Cupping is getting shut down.All brass for winchester comes from china,russia,and korea.Your husbands job is GONE,HAHAHA!!!
shellybelly

Granite City, IL

#86 Aug 10, 2011
HA-HA wrote:
How is your unemployment checks?Cupping is getting shut down.All brass for winchester comes from china,russia,and korea.Your husbands job is GONE,HAHAHA!!!
Unemployment checks are GREAT!!! Thanks for asking. My husband DOESN'T work for Winchester. Man....you sound like your about 12 or 13 years of age. Time to stay off of these forums. I believe they are just a tad above your intellect level.
ha-ha

East Alton, IL

#87 Aug 10, 2011
You just don't get it do you? Global won't make brass for Winchester.Winchester had to go to oversea suppliers for brass.it's Winchester's problem now.It's going to oxford.oh...and by the way SHUT UP!!!
shellybelly

Granite City, IL

#88 Aug 11, 2011
ha-ha wrote:
You just don't get it do you? Global won't make brass for Winchester.Winchester had to go to oversea suppliers for brass.it's Winchester's problem now.It's going to oxford.oh...and by the way SHUT UP!!!
YOU don't get it!!! Like I said...husband DOES NOT WORK for Winchester. Not replying or feeding your ignorance any longer. Go back to your playground of 12 and 13 year old's. It's been interesting to say the least.
girlworker

Chicago, IL

#89 Sep 13, 2011
By far the worst place I have ever worked...but also best paying...u take the good with the bad there....they go on a point system that is really easy to get yourself fired if you don't keep tabs on it
Agree

Waterloo, IL

#90 Sep 22, 2011
get it done wrote:
Why is the Union letting all this happen????
The union does nothing becasue it is weak. They just want the $65/month that they get form each employee. They don't care about its own members.
ICU

United States

#91 Sep 25, 2011
It sucks so bad the union ran the jobs away
Obamas welfare pays good and has better hours
Soon to be jobless

United States

#92 Oct 3, 2011
What Olin is doing is wrong, but we are all to blame. How many people get payed $25.00 an hour to sleep or read the newspaper?
Rupp is a sleeze. No doubt about it. 99% of all CEO's are. Stop voting against your common good (Republican) and stand united as a nation.
This country makes me just as sick as this company.We let them destroy us out of shear ignorance. I think the wealthy bank on it.
ICU

United States

#93 Oct 3, 2011
Olins management is required to maximize profits for the shareholders, not provide the greatest of everything in the world for some democrat union crybabies siting in the liberal cesspool of MAdison County Illinois. The sooner Olin is out of there the better. They should have moved a long time ago
30yearemployee

Jerseyville, IL

#94 Oct 4, 2011
The Winchester name is forever tarnished. Management, or lack of has created this whole mess. I have observed the quality of Winchester ammmunition decline to the point that I refuse to shoot my own product. Its all about numbers, not superior product these days. Beginning with raw material our product is very poor in today's standards. We print pretty pictures of a product that is supposed to reign supreme but from an insiders view , the equipment is antiquated, the leadership lacks the guts to lead, and the morale is in the basement. What does the Union represent, a bunch of lazy, backstabbing, brownnosing employees who dodge their job more than they work. This is exactly how management wanted it, a union divided cannot stand. Unfortunately, these are the individuals who get the promotions and credit instead of those who actually take the job serious and attempt to give an honest days work for a decent wage. It will not be any different in Mississippi because the are taking the same leadership there as we have here. Sure it will be great for a time, everyone will be excited and willing to work but when the new wears off and reality sets in, the Mississippians will see it no differently. The only thing difference will be the fact that they will not be getting robbed by a Union who does nothing for them, their wages will be far less with no benefits and minimal vacation. The winner is Joe Rupp and those few at the top. If the stockholders only knew how many millions of dollars have been wasted on poor business decisions and wasted company time they would demand that Rupp and the whole bunch be fired immediately. That isn't possible though, those boys were smart enough to award themselves generous stock options off the backs of us who sacrifice family and lives to make them all filthy rich. As I said in the beginning, "the Winchester brand is forever tarnished." When they sacrificed quality for quantity they sold us all out. Winchester is on its last leg as a leader in the ammunition business whether its Illinois or Mississippi.
green1361

Twin Falls, ID

#95 Oct 13, 2011
It seems that all American industry is headed the same way. All of the plants tell the same stories.
Larkice

Oxford, MS

#96 Oct 14, 2011
I live in Oxford Mississippi where, as you all know, Winchester will move their company there. I've read about the negative comments about Winchester. And even though I've been unemployed for three months, since I got laid-off, I'm starting to reconsider about applying there. I have Bipolar Disorder where I NEED therapy once a week. Plus, I need to visit my psychiatrist once a month. With those days that I need, will Winchester deny me of having those days off for me to see my doctors? I have medical records that prove that I need these doctor visits. But then again, I don't think that Winchester will hire me if they knew about my condition. I don't mind working weekends. I just need to see my psychologist everyday.
RandomRandy

Oxford, MS

#97 Oct 14, 2011
Since Winchester is moving to Oxford, does that mean that all of the workers in Illinois will loose their jobs? I read an article saying that this company move will provide 1,000 jobs in Mississippi, increasing the number of national jobs. But, won't that take away the 1,000 jobs from Illinois? This is too dang ironic. The government claims on creating all of these new jobs, yet it sacrifices the jobs that people were working from a different location.
ICU

United States

#98 Oct 14, 2011
The union people il Illinois refused to back off on a few things and that is why the plant is moving. Push the issue and next thing you know the plant will go to Mexico
olin worker

Edwardsville, IL

#99 Dec 22, 2011
RandomRandy wrote:
Since Winchester is moving to Oxford, does that mean that all of the workers in Illinois will loose their jobs? I read an article saying that this company move will provide 1,000 jobs in Mississippi, increasing the number of national jobs. But, won't that take away the 1,000 jobs from Illinois? This is too dang ironic. The government claims on creating all of these new jobs, yet it sacrifices the jobs that people were working from a different location.
Shotshell and primer is staying in Illinois through 2016.
Got your job

Ecru, MS

#100 Jan 13, 2012
30yearemployee wrote:
....The only thing difference will be the fact that they will not be getting robbed by a Union who does nothing for them, their wages will be far less with no benefits and minimal vacation...
Really? I am earning $17 and hour, which is probably less than the job paid in Illinois, but good pay in northern Mississippi, and have the best benefits offered in the area as well. I got the best available health, dental, and eye ins. A retirement plan. As well as all the overtime I can handle.

Granted, I am not getting 5 weeks of paid vacation, but I get 11 paid holidays a year and a progressive vacation plan starting at year one.

I love working for Olin/Winchester in Oxford. The only thing I dislike about it are the supervisors they brought down from Illinois because it is obvious they are holding a grudge against the company. But within 15 years, the most of them will be retired and Winchester will be led by good, hard working, southerners.

Thank you, Winchester. I thank God everyday that I am fortunate enough to be employed by such a great company.

Opportunity

Brookfield, WI

#101 Jan 23, 2012
Jagemann Technologies is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer - Ammunition Cartridge Casings, with hands-on experience in the production and processing of ammunition casings. The job is posted on Careerbuilders and the NSSF websites through mid Feb of 2012. If you or someone you know might be interested and qualified, please go to one of these websites and submit your resume.
Laidoff Employee

Jerseyville, IL

#102 Jan 23, 2012
olin worker wrote:
<quoted text>
Shotshell and primer is staying in Illinois through 2016.
If this is so why are they laying off in Primer now?
dummy

AOL

#103 Jun 11, 2012
Interesting I should read all this. I knew something was up! I worked in Oxford a month. I thought I was doing really pretty well, but they walked me to the door a few days later! The managment seemed nervous and unsure, which made me nervous. When I first met my supervisor I thought it was just an hourly worker who was having a really sucky day and didn't like her job. I was really disappointed to find that she was the supervisor. I grew up with Winchester products and rifle, but I think the quality has really suffers as the factory tries to keep pace with cheaper but better ammo from Mexico. The union made things worse. I had a lot to offer that company, but I'm sure I would have skipped it one day to go move furniture or something.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Alton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know Mark Maniaci? Jun 22 pete 2
News Fireworks displays sure to light up the night s... Jun 21 me 2
News Police: Pontoon Beach Man Sent Illicit Texts To... (Sep '10) Jun 20 Fire fighter 39
Murder in Cottage Hills (Apr '13) Jun 14 Looking for infor... 3
Outlaws MC (Sep '09) Jun 12 618rider 116
natasha theis (Jul '10) Jun 10 Elmer Hickner 7
Info Requested Alton Police Officer in 1921 Rob... Jun 9 Illinois Native 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

East Alton Mortgages