Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Not sure what planet some of the previous respondents have visited but we searched for a retirement location and found Greenville/Easley to be perfect. Moved from PA where we have lived for 35 years (and put up with snow plus hot summers) and looking forward to meeting friendlier people. Our experiences with house hunting, eating out, and seeing the sites have been nothing but positive. Yes, you will find jerks anywhere you look but this area has fewer than one may expect from posted comments. Employment opportunities are there if you look. Housing prices are much lower than what you find up north. And don't listen to "if you weren't born in SC you aren't accepted BS." The population is pretty diversified. And there is culture here (plus Clemson/Furman are close) along with much scenic beauty. Looking for crazy drivers? Try Asheville. If you are serious about moving here then take a couple of trips and spend some time as we did. You will see this is a gem of a place to live.
good place to relocate

Washington Court House, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

I want to move from my hometown. I was thinking about greenville. I here good and bad. Im sure I will get along fine with the people..but is it safe? I heard there is a lot of crime. And Im a single woman and do not want to be scared to walk down the street. It looks like a beautiful place and a lot of jobs. Could someone please tell me what apartment complexes are in good neighborhoods and which to avoid...if I happen to come down?...Thank You :)
galt

Greer, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

good place to relocate wrote:
I want to move from my hometown. I was thinking about greenville. I here good and bad. Im sure I will get along fine with the people..but is it safe? I heard there is a lot of crime. And Im a single woman and do not want to be scared to walk down the street. It looks like a beautiful place and a lot of jobs. Could someone please tell me what apartment complexes are in good neighborhoods and which to avoid...if I happen to come down?...Thank You :)
We just moved to Greer one month ago. Researched for about a year. We moved from RI which is just about bankrupt and taxes are through the roof. We are so happy here and every day brings another pleasant experience. The people are warm and friendly and seem to bring out the best in everyone...even if you are naturally grumpy (which I am not). Cost of living is amazing. Beautiful pastoral fields and foothills of the mountains take your breathe away. My husband has more job offers than he can shake a stick at.... Just love it!
Question

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

galt wrote:
<quoted text>
We just moved to Greer one month ago. Researched for about a year. We moved from RI which is just about bankrupt and taxes are through the roof. We are so happy here and every day brings another pleasant experience. The people are warm and friendly and seem to bring out the best in everyone...even if you are naturally grumpy (which I am not). Cost of living is amazing. Beautiful pastoral fields and foothills of the mountains take your breathe away. My husband has more job offers than he can shake a stick at.... Just love it!
If you don't mind my asking, what does your husband do? Reason I ask is that I'm considering a move to that area, but I've heard that there's not a lot beyond manufacturing jobs.
galt

Greer, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Question wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't mind my asking, what does your husband do? Reason I ask is that I'm considering a move to that area, but I've heard that there's not a lot beyond manufacturing jobs.
Not at all... My husband is a commercial/industrial electrician with a management background. I haven't been here that long, but it seems like there are many openings in health care, commercial and industrial management positions and certainly any of the trades.
galt

Greer, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Also, the pay scale seems to be higher here than it was in RI/MA... and the cost of living is 50% lower. Great combination!
Question

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

galt wrote:
Also, the pay scale seems to be higher here than it was in RI/MA... and the cost of living is 50% lower. Great combination!
Thanks for your help!

Since: Jul 13

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

can any one suggest good neighborhoods/ apartment complexes
Anonymous

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Hi,
I currently have my house on the market here in Greenville, SC. I have a realtor from Remax and it has been on the market for about 3 weeks. I am mainly wanting to post that if anyone is thinking of relocating to G'ville, SC, give my house some thought. It is 6 BR, 5.5 baths and through Remax you can get more details on it. It's in downtown on E. Earle Street. It is a 1928 built house that we completely renovated and kept all of the traditional charm of the house. 90% of it is original and has been revamped and upgraded. It's ready to move in...no upgrading needed. We enjoy driving our Golf cart all over downtown and even taking the kids to the schools. Which by the way is some of the best in the state, and even going to see the Greenville Drive baseball game and seeing the Fireworks. Our street is constantly having street party's for everyone and mainly for the kids, Halloween, Easter, always something going on...but give it a look, we are ready to sell!
CID

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

My husband and I are planning a trip,to Greenville, SC in mid January. We are from NJ and think we would like to relocate to Greenville. I've read the blogs and I am focusing on the positive feedback. Any information you can provide would be helpful. Thank you.
WRE

Easley, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

CID wrote:
My husband and I are planning a trip,to Greenville, SC in mid January. We are from NJ and think we would like to relocate to Greenville. I've read the blogs and I am focusing on the positive feedback. Any information you can provide would be helpful. Thank you.
I moved here 4 years ago from NJ and have enjoyed it. I see your from Manchester.. I'm actually thinking of moving back there to be with family.
CID

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

WRE wrote:
<quoted text>
I moved here 4 years ago from NJ and have enjoyed it. I see your from Manchester.. I'm actually thinking of moving back there to be with family.
Thanks for your reply. Sadly, most of our family have passed, so family is not a concern for us. We've read so many good things about Greenville, that we are anxious to spend some quality time there.
Abdullah Khan-NY

Long Island City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

brooke_88 wrote:
can any one suggest good neighborhoods/ apartment complexes
All I know is Hampton hall apartments are clean nice and cheap/affordable :)
Abdullah Khan-NY

Long Island City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2014

Hi,

I am 30 years old with 2 kids and a wife. We are planning to move to Greenville, SC. It's hard to raise a family in NYC because of small apartments, Weather and less time for family.
I know the living in Greenville is much cheaper as compare to NY. I have a job offer of $550-$600 a week. have to be there by the end of Feb. Please help so that I can decide in time.

Thanks in advance :)
Native Virginian

Rockville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

We are looking at places to retire. I am worried about the comments regarding never fitting in and about allergies. Why is this a bad place for allergy sufferers?
HiPpOpOtOmOnStRo SisMaN

Gatlinburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Native Virginian wrote:
We are looking at places to retire. I am worried about the comments regarding never fitting in and about allergies. Why is this a bad place for allergy sufferers?
The spring time pollen is horrendous here. And it goes on for weeks and weeks.
I moved here in 2007 and have developed severe skin problems because of it.
I have a black truck and this yellow pollen is so intense that my truck actually turn green in the spring.

If you have windows open and fans on, it covers everything in the house or apt.
I'm not sure of the specific tree but I believe they are Georgia pines that produce this pollen.
Not kidding. I moved from Greenville to Easley and its just as bad.
Sinus infections constantly and severe skin issues. Ask anyone from Greenville what its like in the spring and the fall.(Mold spores).

Hope this helps.
marina

Greer, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Stephanie A wrote:
Hello people! My husband and I are thinking of moving to SC. We live in Rhode Island, he is from Colombia and I have lived in RI for over 30 years. What are the main industries in Greenville and where are the safest areas to live? Thanks for your help.
My husband and I moved here from RI about 7 months ago. We moved to Greer. We wanted country and yet within 15 miles of Greenville. We absolutely LOVE it! You would definitely want to choose a town in Upstate. Greer has a safety rating of 18 (with 100 being best). The safest towns statistically are Reidville, Buffalo, Pauline, Landrum, Campobello, Mauldin and Cleveland. All having ratings about 40.

The cost of living is very low, taxes are very low, quality of life is very good, and people are great! We are so happy that we "escaped" from RI!!
Abdullah-Khan-NY

Long Island City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

Thank you So much Marina for the info.
I was waiting for the suggestions and you know what?? we are leaving for Greenville Sc Tomorrow :) I Hope everything will be as goof as you said.
Thanks once again.
Stay blesssed
marina wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband and I moved here from RI about 7 months ago. We moved to Greer. We wanted country and yet within 15 miles of Greenville. We absolutely LOVE it! You would definitely want to choose a town in Upstate. Greer has a safety rating of 18 (with 100 being best). The safest towns statistically are Reidville, Buffalo, Pauline, Landrum, Campobello, Mauldin and Cleveland. All having ratings about 40.
The cost of living is very low, taxes are very low, quality of life is very good, and people are great! We are so happy that we "escaped" from RI!!
Deb

Fredonia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Judged:

Anderson South Carolina was real nice when I lived there and I have been told it has grown. We didn't stay because of the high cost of living. The great weather, beaches and very nice people were just not enough to keep us there. Sorry.
Flo Back

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

Moved from Florida 3 years ago and have been all over the country, Greenville by far is the worst and most unfriendliest place to live. The people here especially natives will say God Bless You to your face and then insert the knife into your back. There is so much prejudice to outsiders its ridiculous. I have read comments about oh the people are so friendly here they even asked for my number to keep in touch. People read between the lines they do not want you as a friend they want something from you I promise you that mark my words. The minute you don't provide what they want you will never hear from them again. They are so caddy the "Greenvillians" are now putting "Native" stickers on their cars as an identifier who to treat below them. Enjoy the income tax too, esp if you are hoping for good schools. Try bottom in the nation, have fun with that. Good luck to whoever is forced to move here, this place sucks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 281 - 300 of302
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Easley Discussions

Search the Easley Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) 39 min Bonnie Wheeler 1,118
Jerry Ernest Smith (Jun '11) Wed mustang buyer 2
Hope Carpenter (Oct '13) Jul 3 moses 21
Review: Coops Health & Fitness Club (Dec '08) Jul 3 Scott 13
Now Hiring Jun 27 Truckers 1
Review: Myers Trim Shop Jun 27 Mark 1
thomas "tom" wright jr. Jun 19 lilly 1
•••
•••
•••
Easley Dating

more search filters

less search filters