Disciples of Christ set to converge on Fort Worth

More than 7,000 people from the United States and Canada are expected to gather for the 2007 Christian Church General Assembly from Saturday through Wednesday at the Fort Worth Convention Center. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
St Louis MO

Lima, OH

#21 Aug 1, 2007
If they are associated with the former international churches of christ, I don't want any part of it.
Dave

Dallas, TX

#22 Aug 1, 2007
This is a wonderful church! They get right down to WWJD. Not just saying they follow Christ but really giving thought to, what would Jesus do. He wouldn't support war, he would love thy neighbor even if they were poor, I get so sick of so called "Christians" who think they're better than everyone else. Way to go Disciples!
JD III

Winterville, NC

#23 Aug 2, 2007
As one who recently finally acknowledged my agnosticism (bordering on atheism) I cringe anytime a religious group begins to extend it's tentacles into what basic human rights ought to be - or attempts to gain political power. The US is not a Christian nation. The constitution is a secular document, just as the framers intended. Freedom of religion also needs to mean freedom from religion. The USA is a republic; the majority cannot trample on the rights of the individual. Ok...soapbox mode off... I can't help but think of my favorite poster - it says "Imagine No Religion" at the bottom...above is a beautiful shot of the World Trade Center.
Liberal gaiety

York, Canada

#24 Aug 2, 2007
This is the perfect supplement to this article: http://www.chomsky.info/articles/20070405.htm

enough said
koil

United States

#25 Aug 3, 2007
This sounds very heretical especially the fact that a female is leading that church that in its self is not biblical
koil

United States

#26 Aug 3, 2007
1 Cor. 2:14
14The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The non Chistians don't get it until they awake to the truth they never will.

This church is definitly suspect. BTW we as Christians are not called to judge the non believer but we are called to look at those that claim Christ and what they do sort of like a fruit inspector.
Rev J Walters

Fremont, CA

#27 Aug 4, 2007
Julius wrote:
Please send the church website to me
Lifeasdrama@yahoo.ca
Here you go: http://www.disciples.org/
Pure naturalist

San Francisco, CA

#28 Aug 4, 2007
Religions are hoax! Suckers have existed throughout the history of mankind. We can't even decipher the constitution less something older!

If there were hundreds of millions more Indian Americans then, would we have killed less?

It'd be best that these disciples stay home and touch themselves. They would feel better and save the world from their hypocrisy!
Randall Eugene

Apo, AE

#29 Aug 5, 2007
Would you rather live your life as if there is a God only to die and find out there isn't, or live your life as if there is no God only to die and find out that there IS?
baffled

Verona, KY

#30 Aug 6, 2007
Talk about loudmouths! Look at these vile creatures who want to argue about and trash religon at any opportunity. Why not just be polite. Nobody wants your diatribes here.
Then there's the vile loudmouths who think they have the authority to decide what a "real" church is. Let me give you a clue: God judges you by your heart, not if you are a man and woman and I'd rather be in a church "led" by a woman Christian any day than any of you unChristian hatemongers.
For those of you who posted intelligent on the merits of the DoC, I thank you. It seems like a wonderful wonderful church.
Josh

Lewiston, ID

#31 Aug 6, 2007
I pray that more noble cause like this will take place all over the US and worldwide..The Lord promised: "If my people will humble themselves, turn from their wicked ways and pray.. then I will hear from heaven and forgive their sins and heal their land"...God bless America!
Lifeasdrama

Korea

#32 Aug 13, 2007
I find it increasingly disturbing that some Christains express their views and evidently demonstrated a lack of knowledge in the God of the Bible. It absoultely incorrect for anyone to say that the Bible is not God's word. Let's be real Christians here. We do have a God who truly care about us and He gave us the Bible that we might use it as a guard for our daily living.
As regard homosexuality, the world has failed! We're trying to tolerate something that is clearly made God wiped out a city. It is a sin, and should be tried as such. But the world feel okay with it and science help to justifies it as biological. While that may be true, but it doesnt suggest that it is righteous. Afterall, it is possible for humanbeing to grow in the midst of animals and grow with animal features, but that hasnt made him/her an animal! We could grow and choose our sexual orentiations based on understandable variables. However the Bible is meant to transform us into a Godly being. Our society failed to make God the central of ourlives long ago and that is why we find ourselves, talking about a disdained subject as homosexuality. To make the matter worst, the ambitious politicians think that it is okay for anyone to be gay or straight. Again that is another topic for another day.
The lesson for everyone is in the Bible. In the Book of James, it says, for anyone who knows the good things he ought to do but doesnt do it has commited sin.
Let's go back to the basis people and return to God, then we would honestly tell ourselves the truth. We would be our brothers keeper. I do NOT hate gay people, BUT I do not like act they engage. I hate the sin but not the sinner. I'm not in anyway close to the righteousness in the Bible standard, but what i also know is that, as long as i remained humble and continue in my walk with God, He hasnt finished with me YET! Share your opinion with me if you will please: Lifeasdrama@yahoo.ca
Lifeasdrama

Korea

#33 Aug 13, 2007
Christian in KY wrote:
I do agree that helping people is what we as Christians are required to do, but the bible also says that a preacher is supposed to be the husband of one wife and I don't believe that a woman can be the husband of one wife. It also says that a man is not to lay with a man so the gay and lesbian thing they're having is unbelievable. Read your Bibles people.
I find it increasingly disturbing that some Christains express their views and evidently demonstrated a lack of knowledge in the God of the Bible. It absoultely incorrect for anyone to say that the Bible is not God's word. Let's be real Christians here. We do have a God who truly care about us and He gave us the Bible that we might use it as a guard for our daily living.
As regard homosexuality, the world has failed! We're trying to tolerate something that is clearly made God wiped out a city. It is a sin, and should be tried as such. But the world feel okay with it and science help to justifies it as biological. While that may be true, but it doesnt suggest that it is righteous. Afterall, it is possible for humanbeing to grow in the midst of animals and grow with animal features, but that hasnt made him/her an animal! We could grow and choose our sexual orentiations based on understandable variables. However the Bible is meant to transform us into a Godly being. Our society failed to make God the central of ourlives long ago and that is why we find ourselves, talking about a disdained subject as homosexuality. To make the matter worst, the ambitious politicians think that it is okay for anyone to be gay or straight. Again that is another topic for another day.
The lesson for everyone is in the Bible. In the Book of James, it says, for anyone who knows the good things he ought to do but doesnt do it has commited sin.
Let's go back to the basis people and return to God, then we would honestly tell ourselves the truth. We would be our brothers keeper. I do NOT hate gay people, BUT I do not like act they engage. I hate the sin but not the sinner. I'm not in anyway close to the righteousness in the Bible standard, but what i also know is that, as long as i remained humble and continue in my walk with God, He hasnt finished with me YET! Share your opinion with me if you will please: Lifeasdrama@yahoo.ca
Lifeasdrama

Korea

#34 Aug 13, 2007
Randall Eugene wrote:
Would you rather live your life as if there is a God only to die and find out there isn't, or live your life as if there is no God only to die and find out that there IS?
Your rhetotical statement simply take a cap off critics' face, slap it and cover it back. I feel sorry for those who are trapped into the thought that God does not exist. They should read the account of Shadrack and the rest guys there. They said EVEN if our God will not save us, we will NOT bowl to your idol. That is a strong convictions. For me i think it is better to stand for something than none. I stand that God do exist and care so much about the World! And i believe in the message of the Cross. Christ crucified for all!!! Great Job Brother!
David

United States

#35 Aug 25, 2007
Your meaning of love is not "LOVE" it is "LUST".
MARS

Dudley, UK

#36 Apr 5, 2008
Greetings People of the planet EARTH
desy

Korea

#37 Dec 25, 2008
Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Earth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Fartology 752
Littlefield Music Thread (Sep '13) Sep '14 Musikologist 6
Littlefield makes plans to open facility for il... Jul '14 Impeach Obama 1
Gerardo Gonzalez Jr. Jul '14 Melissa 1
Murder/suicide August 30 (Aug '09) May '14 Boy 14
Courtney Garza (Apr '14) Apr '14 Jullie54 2
Earth Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Earth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Earth News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Earth