Disciples of Christ set to converge on Fort Worth

More than 7,000 people from the United States and Canada are expected to gather for the 2007 Christian Church General Assembly from Saturday through Wednesday at the Fort Worth Convention Center. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lyons Steve

United States

#1 Jul 20, 2007
I'm not a christian, and can't stand far-right religious extremists.
The Disciples of Christ, unlike other publicly loudmouthed and judgemental dirtbags like Pat "Bomb the State Department" Robertson, seem to actually want to follow the so-called words of Jesus by actually helping people, being realistic about sex and not judging others.
Kudos from a hard-core agnostic ("One who believes any Ultimate Reality is unknown and unknowable").
Julius

Korea

#2 Jul 24, 2007
That is an awesome and noble course. Msy the Lord continue to strengthen you snd your movement. Its time we began making disciples from the streets, our communities, schools, workplaces and everywhere we find ourselves, proclaiming: Christ was Cruxified for all!
Julius

Korea

#3 Jul 24, 2007
Please send the church website to me
Lifeasdrama@yahoo.ca
Austin Reader

United States

#4 Jul 24, 2007
The Call in Nashville, Tenn. on 7/7/07 drew over 80,000 people and was unreported. It was an interdenominational call to prayer at Titan Stadium.
John Kulaya

Nesconset, NY

#5 Jul 24, 2007
I truly pray that Christians will unite behind a commitment to reverse Greenhouse gasses and save our planet. Providing a healthy planet for future generations is the Christian thing to do. God bless you all on your journey.
Chris

Chicago, IL

#6 Jul 25, 2007
Please. Check Roman Emipirical Jesus. Check Big debt to dutch banking. Check it.

www.golden-lamp.com
Dion

Hampton, VA

#7 Jul 26, 2007
This is exactly what Christ has commissioned all Christians to do. The Bible says that the world will know Christ by the love that Christians show for each other as well as non-Christians.

Romans 3:23-24
23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

- GOD BLESS!
werts

Acworth, GA

#8 Jul 26, 2007
THis business numbs the warts.
Larry Fowler

Orleans, MA

#9 Jul 26, 2007
I have been associated with the Disciples of Christ most of my life until I moved to Massachusetts in 1985. Since then I have moved from church to church because I have been unable to find one to my liking. There doesn't seem to be and Disciples of Christ church in New England. At least I have not found one. If you would consider establishing one here I would like to help.

Larry.Fowler@comcast.net
Christian in KY

Prestonsburg, KY

#10 Jul 27, 2007
I do agree that helping people is what we as Christians are required to do, but the bible also says that a preacher is supposed to be the husband of one wife and I don't believe that a woman can be the husband of one wife. It also says that a man is not to lay with a man so the gay and lesbian thing they're having is unbelievable. Read your Bibles people.
Garry Minor

Crown Point, IN

#11 Jul 27, 2007
Christians are Anointed!
In 1936 Sula Benet a Polish Anthropologist discovered that in the original Hebrew of the Old Testament the word "kaneh bosm" had been translated as calamus or fragrant cane by the Greeks when they first rendered the Books in the 3rd century BC. Benet claimed through her research and etymological comparison the proper translation is cannabis. In 1980 the Hebrew Institute of Jerusalem confirmed her claim that "kaneh bosm" is indeed cannabis.
In Exodus 30:23 God instructs Moses to use 250 shekels of "kaneh bosm" in the oil to anoint all Kings, Priests, and Prophets, for all generations to come, including Jesus and today. The title Christ means literally "anointed", covered in oil. Kaneh is also listed as an incense tree in Song of Songs 4:14. The mistake was repeated in Isaiah 43:24, Jeremiah 6:20, and Ezekiel 27:19. There are 141 references to anointing and 145 for burning incense in the standard Bible.
This is only the beginning of a very long and spiritually awakening story. After much research I can only suggest that if you want to be worthy of the name "Christian", want a solid foundation, and want all believers to share the same goals and God, you had better get Anointed with the fire/Chrism as directed in Exodus. Jesus came to make Priests of all men.
1 Samuel 16:13
Matthew 13:11-23
1 John 2:18-29 Mark 6:12 James 5:14
Psalm 133

Food, fuel, shelter, medicine, pleasure, spirituality! The Tree of Life!
Jessica

Florence, KY

#12 Jul 28, 2007
Steve, I truly appreciate your comment, and I'm thankful to be a Disciple of Christ. I was just in Fort Worth and attended the assembly. Our goal is to become a church that acts out just what you mentioned in your comment. Thank you for seeing that, and I encourage to look at our web-site www.disciples.org to learn more and possibly find a church. We welcome all people, agnostic or not.:-) May God bless you.
-Jessica McCracken, Indianapolis
Lyons Steve wrote:
I'm not a christian, and can't stand far-right religious extremists.
The Disciples of Christ, unlike other publicly loudmouthed and judgemental dirtbags like Pat "Bomb the State Department" Robertson, seem to actually want to follow the so-called words of Jesus by actually helping people, being realistic about sex and not judging others.
Kudos from a hard-core agnostic ("One who believes any Ultimate Reality is unknown and unknowable").
monie

Baltimore, MD

#13 Jul 28, 2007
its a good thing
Joe

Loomis, CA

#14 Jul 29, 2007
If the bible is true, then Adam and Eve's daughters either had sex with their mother or sisters.

I don't believe that the Bible is true, because that part of it is never explained very well, and hardly ever mentioned.
Joe

Loomis, CA

#15 Jul 29, 2007
sons, duh.
Christian in KY

Prestonsburg, KY

#16 Jul 30, 2007
Actually, the Bible does explain it. You need to study a little more. There is so much in the first few chapters of Genesis that it is hard to believe. The bible is the LIVING WORD OF GOD. Do your research before you go saying stuff like the bible isn't true. When the end of time comes and you bow before the Lord begging Him to forgive you He's gonna bring up the fact that you said the bible isn't true and then he's gonna' say Depart from me you worker of iniquity for I never knew you. And those will be the saddest words you've ever heard in your life. Because hell is a place where the worm dieth not. I hope that you repent before it's too late. All you have to do is look around and realize that the end of time is drawing nigh. Jesus died for EVERYONE....even the people who don't believe...because He loves you and wants to see you in Heaven someday. May God continue to bless you (I say continue because He's blessed you to wake up this morning and He blessed you to have life and so much more..you need to thank Him everyday) and I will pray for you.
maggie

Toronto, Canada

#17 Jul 30, 2007
Christian in KY wrote:
I do agree that helping people is what we as Christians are required to do, but the bible also says that a preacher is supposed to be the husband of one wife and I don't believe that a woman can be the husband of one wife. It also says that a man is not to lay with a man so the gay and lesbian thing they're having is unbelievable. Read your Bibles people.
My Bible says you should love one another. It also says "Judge not for as you judge so shall you be judged." Doesn't it say that in your Bible. My Bible also says that it is all right to sell your daughter into slavery. And it says a disobedient son should be stone. I ignore that stuff and focus on the instruction to love. Why don't you?
maggie

Toronto, Canada

#18 Jul 30, 2007
Christian in KY wrote:
Actually, the Bible does explain it. You need to study a little more. There is so much in the first few chapters of Genesis that it is hard to believe. The bible is the LIVING WORD OF GOD. Do your research before you go saying stuff like the bible isn't true. When the end of time comes and you bow before the Lord begging Him to forgive you He's gonna bring up the fact that you said the bible isn't true and then he's gonna' say Depart from me you worker of iniquity for I never knew you. And those will be the saddest words you've ever heard in your life. Because hell is a place where the worm dieth not. I hope that you repent before it's too late. All you have to do is look around and realize that the end of time is drawing nigh. Jesus died for EVERYONE....even the people who don't believe...because He loves you and wants to see you in Heaven someday. May God continue to bless you (I say continue because He's blessed you to wake up this morning and He blessed you to have life and so much more..you need to thank Him everyday) and I will pray for you.
Let me see - there are two stories about the creation of Adam and Eve. How can they both be true? And what about the children who won't wake up this morning. Weren't they blessed? It's a story. Some parts are pertinent and others aren't. Personally, I eat meat and milk without a thought even though the Bible forbids it. Cheese burgers are good. Pork chops - delicious. Sex for the sheer pleasure of it - of course. Yada yada yada.
rjp3

Watertown, MA

#19 Jul 31, 2007
Now these are REAL CHRISTIANS ... showing real Christian Love. Fundamentalists ARE THE ANTI-CHRIST.
PF in CA

San Francisco, CA

#20 Jul 31, 2007
Like Larry in Milford, I've been associated with the Disciples most of my adult life. Thier focus is on inclusion and good works. They were founded precisely because the organized Christian faith at the time required the pastor to certify each person as fit to share in communion. The Campbells and their followers felt that this the antithesis of Jesus' instruction and his example.
And those who feel that the focus should be on use of the word "abomination" regarding homosexuality should really google "abomination" and "shrimp"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Earth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 27 min Gasman 698
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 22 hr Gasman 543
Littlefield Music Thread (Sep '13) Sep '14 Musikologist 6
Littlefield makes plans to open facility for il... Jul '14 Impeach Obama 1
Gerardo Gonzalez Jr. Jul '14 Melissa 1
Murder/suicide August 30 (Aug '09) May '14 Boy 14
Courtney Garza (Apr '14) Apr '14 Jullie54 2
Earth Dating
Find my Match

Earth People Search