No answers six years after woman goes missing

Full story: WNYT Albany

It's been six years of searching and praying. Hoping for some clue or shred of evidence.
Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Oct 14, 2008
Concerned citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2008

I recall reading about this case and am stumped as to why some details such as the model of the jeep and the possible routes she would have used would not be given out so the public might help out.

“Justice for Jaliek Rainwalker”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2008

Audrey Herron has been missing from Jefferson Heights, New York since August 29, 2002. She was last seen leaving her job at The Columbia Greene Long Term Health Care Facility, where she worked as a nurse. At 11:00PM, Audrey walked out with coworkers to her vehicle where, after some small talk she said she “would see them at work Sunday.” Audrey drove westbound on State Route 23 in a 1994 Black Jeep Grand Cherokee with NY plates reading X233UV.

Audrey was wearing dark green medical scrubs and a blue turtle neck with a pendant reading “#1 Mom”, and a watch with a white leather band and white face.

It's about a 30-minute drive from Jefferson Heights to her home in Freehold, where she lived with her husband and three children. She never arrived. Audrey was a woman dedicated to her family and those who know her say she would never have just up and left.

Both Audrey and the Black 1994 Grand Cherokee she was driving have vanished. Extensive air and ground searches were performed by the NYS Police, family and friends as well as area volunteers but nothing was found. Neither the NY State Police nor the FBI have had any luck finding clues as to Audrey’s whereabouts.

Hope this helps ;)

Since: Feb 08

Hudson, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2008

OWL I remember this case it broke my heart they havent had any leads or anything in a good while.Hopefully someone who has been watching this from behind the scenes will come forward with some new informatiom that can help solve this mystery. Very mysterious how do you just vanish into thin air! Where abouts is Jefferson Heights?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2008

Jefferson Heights is in Catskill.. There was a ton of controversy over this case. I wish I new something to help the family. She has children that miss their Mom. They have had all kinds of rallies for her, motorcycle rides, etc. I understand a missing body but a missing jeep?? These missing person cases need to be stirred up constantly.. Hope that helped Gamma.
Ben Dover

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2008

UFOs

Since: Feb 08

Troy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2008

Thanks you'll never know anything unless you ask a question right?

“Justice for Jaliek!”

Since: May 08

East Greenbush, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2008

Justice for Audrey! I met her sister-in-law last week, very nice woman. Families with missing loved ones will never give up searching. We all have to do our part to keep their names out there. No one should be forgotten.
Jango Davis

South Glens Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2008

Judged:

Not a word about the husband. Interesting. I wonder if he still feels sore at the way the meida (including WNYT) was so quick to point to him as a suspect.
CCA

Latham, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

Judged:

I wonder why Audrey's husband refuses to take a polygraph? Makes you wonder if he is hiding something!
Sad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

In so many cases of a spouse disappearing,
the other spouse is responsible.
I think that is why the finger get's pointed so quickly.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

If you have nothing to hide, you do whatever it takes to find your loved one.. if it involves a test.. take it.. if you are innocent you have no worries.. What's the big deal.. If the police didn't look at every person as a suspect they would not be doing their job.. I think the media has been very good to the families of missing people..including WNYT.. I have spent time with many people from the media.. They are very pleasant when they are treated with respect..This case reeks of foul play!!
sandy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

It's realy said that they found nothing, i mean a jeep is a hard thing to hide,I would say husband did it all the way.He seems to not do much, i would be still putting up posters and stuff just trying to find her. Someone knows something and is not saying(that's the american way they don't want to get involved).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

It is really sad.. These cases of missing people are disheartening. If someone did this they are out there walking amongst us.. You just can't trust people anymore.. Audrey's Dad is still very active as is her sister.. They do rallies for her and a friend from work is always putting out info.. It is hard to lose someone.. We are outsiders and it hurts.. I can't imagine the pain the family feels..three young children are without a Mom.. I haven't heard too much about the husband..I can't point a finger at him.. I really do not know...perhaps the burden of raising the children alone, limits his time.. hard to say.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

I'm sure you've all seen and know about this site but just in case you haven't I'll put it here. They have a whole listing of people found that have been reconstrucked by (I think they're called forensics artists). Anyway with all these people missing I suppose it doesn't hurt to take a peek some times...

http://www.doenetwork.org ./

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Earlton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Earlton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••