Indian Acres

There are 498 comments on the Cecil Whig story from Jul 7, 2007, titled Indian Acres. In it, Cecil Whig reports that:

“The commissioners don't want to get into it until the decision stands”

Campground not intended for permanent tenants, judge says By Eugene Paik [email protected] A recent court decision could leave hundreds of Indian Acres residents homeless in the winter. via Cecil Whig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cecil Whig.

Shadow knows

Middletown, DE

#101 Oct 15, 2009
Does anyone know if pumper Joe's son joey got his ass kicked the other night when a neighbor seen joey taking someone else property from there yard an put in in his red van to scrap
Ray

Media, PA

#102 Oct 16, 2009
Homeowner

It is that mentality that is giving the “full timers” the bad name
Why would you come on here and instead of trying to get into the conversation of making the place better for all yourself included, you decide to come on here and bash and talk trash.
You have no clue what you are saying, if you would read before you write you would be more likely to write good.

See everyone this kind of crap talk is why
The suggestion box rule is, no name its trash!!
I will no longer talk certain things here because no one here has been able to put their name where their mouth is.

Nothing comes out of my mouth that I will not stand by.
Therefore I have no problem putting my name on everything I write.

If you disagree with me this is great, say so. Put your name to it.
If you can’t put your name to it, than it’s not worth hearing.

I do not knock people for falling on hard times, or for living there,
Marian and Kim don’t either, they are taking the stand that it is not right to tell some they have full use of the place,(when some should not even have any use of the place) and others can only use it sometimes. The “weekenders” as you call us are doing what the rules and laws say, but here by obeying the law you get punished and by disobeying you get rewarded. This is not the correct way and that is what we are all against.

If you feel we are doing a bad job you are more than welcome to run against us. If you think you can do better more power to ya. But we will be there to make sure you do.
This is an investment to all of us and as long as I breathe I will protect my investments.
And in this case our investments.
So when you write, put your name.
If you can not put your name then you must be ashamed of what you are saying so just don’t say it.
Talking shit and hiding behind this page is cowardly.
At least if you don’t want to put you name don’t talk bullshit.
You give all of us a bad name at the acres.

v
v
v
>>>>>>> >> Ray Nickson <<<<<<< <<<<
^
^
^
Ray

Media, PA

#103 Oct 16, 2009
Shadow knows

Did anyone report to the police or security what they saw?

Taking the law into your own hands (kick ass’s) makes (ass’s)
Sometimes it seems that the law is for the bad guys
But when the law flows around full circle it really does work out in the end
It has an ugly way of getting there but once it does it really is good
Those old timers who made the laws DID know what they were doing.
I know I have had some things that I said the law sucks but when all was said and done it really did work out.
If it didn’t flow the way it does “for the bad guy” how many good guys would be “bad guys” in the eyes of the law? you got to flow full circle so the bad guy really is the right guy and there are not so many good guys getting jammed.

I don’t know if I explained it right but what I am saying is
Did the person who witnessed this CRIME report to authorities what they saw?
The law has to be started before it can circle.

My guess is no, it wasn’t reported, so therefore the sheriff is not doing his job because he didn’t get the bad guy that no one knows about, or reported, but is in this big rumor
So later it will be the cops knew about it but did nothing and the truth is the police had no report of a crime so they didn’t follow up on that call that never came in and they are still no good.

See how stupid this all sounds
That’s how it sounds when someone says kick his ass
No proof, but kick his ass anyway.
Take the law in your own hands sounds just as stupid as what I just wrote.

If he did steal something he should be reported,
We do not need this in the park.

But what we do not need is a bunch of people going around like some “do good gang” doing bad and thinking it’s good. You will go to jail, and give the acres an even worse reputation in your good efforts.
Let the police do the work of the law, give them all the help they need, do not be scared of retaliation, be prepared but not scared.
Be a good neighbor and friend
Then the law will start working faster for us. The police can only work with what they have so give them what you have.
Then you don’t go to jail, the bad guy does, and we don’t get a bad rep.
We can all laugh at the dumb ass’s who tried and failed to ruin our park.

Ray Nickson
Larry

Marengo, OH

#104 Oct 16, 2009
I reside in IA and the purpose of this letter is not to point fingers at anyone or to place blame.
My purpose is to give the facts and not to change peoples opinion.
Indian Acres of Chesapeake Bay web site clearly states that Indian Acres of Chesapeake Bay is open all year for your enjoyment also year-round Bathhouses.
My point is this if every person living in the Acres moved out,Indian Acres would still be obligated to remain open based on their ad.Well let me say this with no one here to see the drunk and druggies would have a field day I have keys to three of my neighbors places who are weekenders and keep a watchful eye on their places those are the facts.
disgusted IA resident

Fort Meade, FL

#105 Oct 17, 2009
First of all I am appalled at the scumbag, bottom feeder, money hungry, drug addicts/dealers THE MASONS AND FINNS (GLEN 1) side note: have abused indian acres residents for over as decade now and bring their filth HIV infested warped drug fiend lives to infiltrate and destroy the Indian reputation that so many residents should not have endure. THE MASONS AND FINNS ARE A CANCER TO INDIAN ACRES AND ANYWHERE THEY GO. Not only do they sell their bodies, sell drugs, but they are predators against the elderly and vulnerable people. FINALLY, last week, they were arrested for a handful of burglaries, thefts, etc. that they committed on Indian Acres grounds. Unfortunately, their family members constantly bail them out so they can continue prey on us residents and destroy the peaceful environment that way have been desperately trying to maintain. If there are any fingers being pointed, please look to Glen 1. The only way that we will prevail and bring the acres back to the peaceful family oriented, law abiding community it once was, is to rid ourselves and mandate to ban the FINN and MASON families and anyone associated with them. Once again these criminals and their families (all ages) are cancers to our once peaceful community. GET RID OF THEM AND INDIAN ACRES WILL SEE IMMEDIATE IMPROVEMENT!!!
homeowner in Indian acres wrote:
we moved here 3years ago not by choice.but this is my home whats that saying home is where the heart is..i have met some really nice people here and some really bad people here we need to get the drugies out the kids out and the trailer trash out..like larry charlie the finn girls lets clean up our homes most of the people that live here are older and if it goes agaisnt us most of us will be living in our cars
disgusted IA resident

Fort Meade, FL

#106 Oct 17, 2009
This is appalling and I had to address this post because this happened to my grandfather (veteran retiree who is handicapped). I bring him to the acres to enjoy a few a weekends each summer to relax and enjoy the last few years of his life. THIS HAS TO HAVE BEEN STACY OR KELLY FINN.(YOUR POST ABOVE) I watched as Stacy and Kelly Finn approached my grandfather while he was doing yard work and offered him oral sex on the spot for $10. I was enraged they even came onto my property and made such a vulgar sexual suggestion. I immediately called security and reported the incident. I understand this has made no difference whatsoever and have kept tabs on them and heard STAY FINN assaulted an elderly gentleman and is wanted by the police. If you see her, CALL THE POLICE IMMEDIATLY SHE IS DANGEROUS and she will stop at nothing to get her drug fix. It is getting scary lock your doors and always have your guard up because I have been told by quite a few people that she is a professional ruthless con artist. She is 10 center and deserves to be locked up in prison for all the atrocious things she has done to Indian Acres residents. SHE SHOULD BURN IN HELL!!!!!!!!!!
ben dover wrote:
this is how bad it has gotten in the acres. this past weekend in front of the bathhouse. a young woman offered herself to me for $20.
disgusted IA resident

United States

#107 Oct 17, 2009
First of all I am appalled at the scumbag, bottom feeder, money hungry, drug addicts/dealers THE MASONS AND FINNS (GLEN 1) side note: have abused indian acres residents for over as decade now and bring their filth HIV infested warped drug fiend lives to infiltrate and destroy the Indian reputation that so many residents should not have endure. THE MASONS AND FINNS ARE A CANCER TO INDIAN ACRES AND ANYWHERE THEY GO. Not only do they sell their bodies, sell drugs, but they are predators against the elderly and vulnerable people. FINALLY, last week, they were arrested for a handful of burglaries, thefts, etc. that they committed on Indian Acres grounds. Unfortunately, their family members constantly bail them out so they can continue prey on us residents and destroy the peaceful environment that way have been desperately trying to maintain. If there are any fingers being pointed, please look to Glen 1. The only way that we will prevail and bring the acres back to the peaceful family oriented, law abiding community it once was, is to rid ourselves and mandate to ban the FINN and MASON families and anyone associated with them. Once again these criminals and their families (all ages) are cancers to our once peaceful community. GET RID OF THEM AND INDIAN ACRES WILL SEE IMMEDIATE IMPROVEMENT!!!
Ful Timer

Waterloo, Canada

#108 Oct 18, 2009
You are right the good people in Indian Acres must Call the Police whenever we see these scumbags like the Finns,Charlie Mason and Larry Hamilton selling drugs and robbing us. Its been going on for years. We all know it. Why are they still here. Its people like them that give IA a bad name.
homeowner wrote:
<quoted text>we are not just the problem you IDIOT what is wrong with you people why do you need a fight..most of the full timers are older people what you think the man in the wheel chair is running amuck are the 85 year old lady is breaking into the trailers are selling drugs I will amit that there are some full timers we would love to see something happen to them like the finns girls charlie manson and larry the drug dealer you rhink getting the full timers out it will splve all problems it wont it will get worse people that live here full time do keep and eye on the friends places while they are not here you think your place will be safe anyone could get in here now can you say good bye to your place
The Avenger

Mount Laurel, NJ

#109 Oct 18, 2009
Larry, Disneyland is open all year round and you can't stay there permanently either. It is a campground, not a RESIDENTIAL COMMUNITY. Anyone living there full time no matter how good their reasoning is violating your rules and regulations. The argument that some of the older residents can't afford to live anywhere else is not a good one. If they can afford the rent and other costs of living in the acres they can living in an apartment. As to the Finns, etc. They are well known to those of in the business of locking people up. If more of the residents of the Acres spoke up this issue would not exist. They are bullies and exist only because people let them hide in different Glens when the Sheriff's Deputies come looking for them. CALL WHEN YOU SEE OR HEAR a criminal act. To the person that witnessed Finn offering sex for money, why didn't you call 911? Do you honestly think an untrained semi literate guard at the Acres knows how to handle a real crime?
Ray

Media, PA

#110 Oct 18, 2009
Avenger

You are correct, people need to start calling the police, AND THEN give them all the info they have, it takes everyone to work together, there is no Superman people. Everyone seems to think that the sheriff is a miracle worker, they don’t need any help or info they know everything, they just don’t want to do their jobs.
Well everyone needs to know that it is the job of everyone to help the police to make the place better.

A doctor can give you a pill to make you better but if you don’t take the pill and his advice you will not get better, you have to do something also.

Everyone needs to work together.

But
Please don’t knock Gary
He is the best thing that’s happened to this place in a long time. He has worked with the sheriff to get rid of a lot of people, he is doing a great job.
Bob is his only hold up.
He does not have authority to do many things but he puts himself in the middle of it all and will walk that mile to give his all.
So please don’t knock the guy, he really is doing a great job within his limitations.

Still everyone writes with no name on the end of their letter
Are you all ashamed of what you are saying?
Some of you should be.
People that don’t put their names are the people that will say one thing to your face and another behind your back.
Write your thoughts and put your name. If you feel it, don’t be ashamed of it, say it.
No one can condemn you for your true feelings, some may disagree but that’s not a bad thing.
But I am ashamed of you when you can’t put your name down.

My name is Ray Nickson its not that hard to spell your own name. So do it.

>>>>>>> >>> Ray Nickson <<<<<<< <<<
Larry

United States

#111 Oct 20, 2009
Avenger that the dumest thing I've ever seen,to
compare Disneyland with Indian Acres.First of all if you had enough money you could stay there all year,you don't own land or pay taxes at Disneyland.
The problem is people like you shoot off their mouth and dont have a clue what they are talking about.Now I'am going to give you some good advice
apples are usally red,some are green and oranges are always orange so I say to you DONT COMPARE APPLES TO ORANGES...

lARRY
Avenger

Mount Laurel, NJ

#112 Oct 20, 2009
Larry, you missed the point.... again. The point I am making is that neither Disneyland nor Indian Acres were designed nor intended for YEAR ROUND USE. So let me use an even more simplistic example for you so your Lower Bucks brain gets it. You can visit a National Park like Valley Forge, can camp there, buy stuff there, have fun there, BUT YOU CAN'T LIVE THERE. No matter how inexpensive it is, not matter how scenic, or any other however sad and justifiable reason you might come up with. And Larry, you can own land at Disney, they are called TIMESHARES... You can't live there all year either. Try getting out more.

If I need to explain this to you it means that anything else I say will be over your head. Enjoy your time
Larry

United States

#113 Oct 20, 2009
Well at least I have enough balls to use my name what kind of name is avenger that says it all when it comes to you.Have a nice day chicken....

Larry
Avenger

Mount Laurel, NJ

#114 Oct 20, 2009
Larry your lack of acknowledgement to the points I made says it all. Game, set, match... Your response is excellent though, I guess if you Google Larry and Bucks County I would not find hundreds.... Or are you like Prince, a man with one name? Larry, if you take the time to read the thread you would understand why I can't use my name...
Ray

Media, PA

#115 Oct 20, 2009
Larry
You put your first name in but still well whatever
Why all this arguing is going on I don’t know.
You all know I could care less about the living arrangements right now we have bigger issues.
But
This I will say
I do not feel that Indian acres is a suitable place to call home.
In a pinch your house is being remodeled and you need a few weeks a month but permanent living is not the purpose of this park, if it was the water would be on all year, there would be sewer lines installed and the taxes would be greatly increased.
As for the mention that no one has a place to go.
Save it.
If you sell your property you could buy a trailer in a trailer park set up for year round living.
There the taxes are calculated in with your ground rents and you own your trailers.
When you flush your toilet you don’t have to think about it anymore it goes away in pipes.
I know of a guy who buys trailers for his trailer park and sells them to people for a small down payment couple thousand or so and he accepts payments for the balance, no credit checks just down money and move in pay your rent and payments.
So for people to say that they just can’t afford to go is just, well let’s leave it at that.
The dues you pay here are like the ground rents maybe a little more but look at what you have, a HOUSE trailer with sewer lines and your legal, not a camper trailer & illegal.
But
Honestly I don’t care if you live there or not, I choose not to but that’s my choice.
I care about all the crap going on there.
Then everyone wants to come on here and argue and all that does is make us sound like uneducated idiots to all the people who might read this who don’t know us.

If you read what Avenger writes you would understand his name, I agree with him there,
And he is only trying to make a point to you, not compare.
See you are inside looking in when someone looks from outside in they can see a bigger picture. I think most people are in a slump and don’t realize it.
This is not the kind of place that you can call home, think about it just a little.

I have a sister who lives there and some very good friends and it just turns me, I hate that they live there its just not set up for that. Even with a water holding tank and sewer tank it’s just not made for full time living.
But
Again that’s your choice and I could care less honestly.
I am just giving you my opinion on the conditions there.
My agenda is to make management do their job and stop all the crap that is going on
Make it so our fellow enforcement friends can do their job
But
Larry just remember when you say the drug dealer and vandals and whatever
Living there is just as much breaking the laws.
Drug dealer/user breaks that law
Vandals break that law
Living there breaks that law
Robbery breaks that law
See what I am saying
The laws are in place for a reason.
Now with that in mind do not answer this today, do not answer this tomorrow, think for a few days, then answer this.

I am not against you, I just have a different opinion than you do.
We are all in this together.

Ray Nickson
Larry

Cary, NC

#116 Oct 22, 2009
Ray you really surprise me with some of your comments.Listen to this you tell me to read avenger to understand his name however you tell hin you are ashame of him for not putting his name down.
Comment #110 practice what you preach Ray,you also said why all ths arguing is going on you don't know.Com ment # 115 yet you use profanity when talking to homeowner you said talking shit and hiding behins this page is cowardly comment#102.
Now when I want your advice I'll ask for it I was talking to Avenger not you so mind your business Ray.
Avenger

Mount Laurel, NJ

#117 Oct 22, 2009
Larry and Ray, sorry for inciting an issue between the two of you. Larry, I will make it easy for you, I work in some form of the law and can't go around saying my name. I am an outsider looking in. What could be a beautiful community is dragged down by people that knowingly break your rules and regulations, worse yet, are somewhat encouraged to do so by a lack of management oversight. I will say it again, you should all stop paying your dues, put them in an escrow account and bring a class action law suit against the management to force them to abide by the rules and regulations they set forth. Overnight you would see the people that are bringing your community down rooted out. Your costs for staying there would eventually go down as you would not need to rent police to sit there and your quality of life would go up as would the value of your properties.
Ray

Media, PA

#118 Oct 22, 2009
Avenger
Please don’t apologize, I am not sorry. My point has been made…

Larry

I do practice what I preach RAY NICKSON

I am not ashamed of Avenger, it’s anyone who will not put their names.
He has a reason and if you can’t see this, he has now made it clear.

However, I will not fall into your little game.
I will not argue with you.
In fact this will be the last reply I make to you.

If you would like to talk to me I will talk to you in person only.
When people talk in person they do not act like they do when they are hidden behind this page. And this is the reason I say NAMES.

In fact the attitudes on here I will not respond to anyone who can not put their name on what they write.
I encourage everyone to do the same.

Like I said before, feedback good and bad is how we grow.
Your feelings should be heard, but do not be scared to put your name on it
If it is your feelings be proud of it.
I am not afraid of what you or anyone else thinks about my feelings.
I am always open to change my feelings, this is why I say feedback is how we grow.

Since we are going back on what was said did you see where I said
Feedback, good and bad is positive but ignorance is useless.
This is the kind of crap that disrupted the election. BUT at least the guy who disrupted that meeting did it in person and was not ashamed of his feelings. He was wrong and I think he now knows this because of the feedback he got. but he did not get hurt, he got feedback and understood, and hopefully changed his feelings, and if not that’s his choice.
But he stood and spoke his feelings.
On here that’s putting your name.

The truth to your attitude with me is the fact that I do not feel the park is suitable for full time living. My feelings “Ray Nickson’s Feelings”.
Like I said I am always open for changing my feelings, convince me I am wrong.
But not on this site.
I will only talk with you in person.
When you see me down there stop by we can have some coffee and discuss anything you want.
But as for here I will not reply nor will I read.
>>>> Ray Nickson <<<<
ben dover

Omaha, NE

#119 Oct 26, 2009
why post your real name ray? so someone can burn our places down.
Mary Pa

Avenel, NJ

#120 Oct 26, 2009
When we bought our property in 1985 at IA, we were handed a copy of the Declaration of Restrictions by the Lawyers at Scott & Scott, Elkton, MD. It clearly states in the Restrictions, No Funstead shall be used as a residence or for anything except camping purposes. That was 24 years ago, so how if we knew then and still know now you couldn't live there full time why are all these people acting like they never knew? Ignorance of the law is no excuse. You don't belong living there no matter what your age or excuse you have.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Earleville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Aberdeen Proving Ground leader pledges Army's h... Sep '17 noobieR 1
News Faux Turf Fields Vs. Grass: Budget Plan Costs M... May '17 LMAO 1
News Heroin Abuse in Cecil County, Maryland (Mar '09) Mar '17 No one 79
News Reputed 'Bloods' Gang Member Charged In Shooting (Mar '06) Oct '16 Watchwhoubeefwit 456
Ship in C&D Canal (Aug '16) Aug '16 Deborah Janelle 1
hepatitis C at lucky 13 tattoo shop (Oct '08) Jul '16 trevor cooper 59
Review: Indian Acres Of Chesapeake Bay (Nov '15) Jul '16 Snippy 2

Earleville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Earleville Mortgages