Is it ok to say something to a person...

Is it ok to say something to a person with 20+ items in the express lane?

Posted in the Eagleville Forum

The Wolfman

Raleigh, NC

#1 Nov 4, 2010
So the other day I was on my way home from work when I remembered that Mrs. Wolfman wanted me to pick up a few items at the grocery store. Not looking to face an annoyed Mrs Wolfman I made a quick stop at the local big name grocery store chain.
Upon getting to the checkout I saw that only two lanes were open, one of which was the express lane. I arrive at the Express Lane only to be greeted with some guy in a suit with well over 20 items! The sign clearly stated that the item limit was 12 items or less, yet this putz ignored the rules set forth by the store. I was going to say something but bit my tongue. Should I have said something? I kind of regret not doing so as I'm sure he's a repeat offender!
Oh, would you count 10 cans of chicken broth as 1 item?
422 Hater

Royersford, PA

#2 Nov 4, 2010
Hold your tongue, the cashier probably motioned him to come over to his/her lane. Stop sweating the small stuff. In the grand scheme...
FlickMyBic

Yonkers, NY

#3 Nov 5, 2010
Damn right you should have said something! Rules are there for a reason. They don't only apply to bottom feeders like you & me. Elitist mother effers like that ignorant ahole need to be knocked down a few pegs & set straight!! That was your chance to do just that, and you let it slip through yor hands. You sure dropped the ball here Mr. Wolfman. Hopefully opportunity will knock once again and you can make Mrs. Wolfman secure in her decision to wed a wolf with such strong moral fiber.

Also, 10 cans of chicken broth, or 10 of any product, are considerd 1 item in the express lane. I do that all the time with no hassle. Good day & good luck.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#4 Nov 5, 2010
you guys crack me up

personally I like self check out
Jenn

Phoenixville, PA

#5 Nov 5, 2010
I agree with 422 Hater.
Jewish Joseph

Fairfield, CT

#6 Nov 5, 2010
HAHAHAHA!!! I agree! I hate express checkout. Especially at WalMart, where inbreds can't count and don't know what "12 Items or Less" means.
422 Hater

Royersford, PA

#7 Nov 5, 2010
Little man syndrome? Big man on line.
Destined for Douche

Norristown, PA

#8 Nov 6, 2010
422 Hater wrote:
Little man syndrome? Big man on line.
How about i come to Collegeville and just knock you on your ass?
422 Hater

Royersford, PA

#9 Nov 7, 2010
Case in point, nah, just stay in Norristown.
val

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Nov 8, 2010
I will go into an express lane with a few more items than specified but only if the cashier isnt waiting on anyone and I ask if its ok first.
Destined for Destiny

Denver, CO

#11 Nov 8, 2010
422 Hater wrote:
Case in point, nah, just stay in Norristown.
No, how about I smack the shitt out of you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eagleville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News , License: N/A, Created: 2017:07:21 09:25:58 31 min JustDe 1
News Busted on Boardwalk: Marchalk apprehended in Ne... Jul 3 Bermuda Triangle 13
Collegeville Music Thread (May '12) Jun 27 Musikologist 22
News Trooper Bradley Wilson to Receive PSP Purple He... (Sep '14) May '17 Police 6
Basement water damage from overhead pipe leak (Dec '08) May '17 Savedus 13
News York man arrested for DUI twice in one day (Nov '10) May '17 Real Adam chirico 35
News Complaint is filed against Pa. State Trooper (Jan '10) Apr '17 Against Bad Troopers 166

Eagleville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eagleville Mortgages