First Prev
of 2
Next Last
alien

Philadelphia, PA

#24 Jun 25, 2011
Norristown Frank wrote:
Does anyone know if Norristown will be having fireworks by the Farm Park this year???
they are having a firefly show on the 2nd. not fireworks.
Eagleville at the township building will be holding music at 6:30 pm and then fiewroks at dusk.

Elmwood Park is having a run in the morning and some music and fun things all day.

hope this helps.
Elite

Ardmore, PA

#25 Jun 26, 2011
By the postings here, I am glad I decided not to raise a child in Norristown.
Elitest

Norristown, PA

#26 Jun 26, 2011
Elite, take your self-righteous a$$ somewhere!
Elite

Ardmore, PA

#27 Jun 27, 2011
Elitest wrote:
Elite, take your self-righteous a$$ somewhere!
But why, "Elitest?" Isn't important that amidst all of the people of lesser values and character that some people of higher upbringing be there to lift you up out of the morass your life has become?

Oh, forgive me:

mo·rass
   [muh-ras] Show IPA
–noun
1.
a tract of low, soft, wet ground.
2.
a marsh or bog.
3.
marshy ground.
Elitism is the best ism

Fairfield, CT

#28 Jun 27, 2011
Elite has a bug up his/her a$$! Self-righteous to say the least! So a few people want to smoke some marijuana--so what?! Liquor is far more harmful than the effects of the chocolate tie!

Besides, you shouldn't assume those who post in this forum are not educated. When you do, when you try and sass people with your "oh, forgive me" rhetoric, you make yourself look like a damn fool!
Elite

Ardmore, PA

#29 Jun 28, 2011
Okay first off - non-medicinal use of marijuana is illegal. Period. You do it, and you are automatically a criminal. Moreover, with all the ill effects, when you partake of this you are stupid. As in mentally deficient. You lack the normal amount of intelligence that would stop someone harming themselves AND breaking the law at the same time.

But it's worse than that. By smoking it you place yourself in a lower class of society. You are the unwashed cretins that they warn children about. The Bottom Feeders. They people the upper class gladly use as cannon fodder in the Struggle of Life.

Does that clarify the matter? I should certainly hope it does. Good day.
Mayor Nuttier

Norristown, PA

#30 Jun 28, 2011
Elite wrote:
Okay first off - non-medicinal use of marijuana is illegal. Period. You do it, and you are automatically a criminal. Moreover, with all the ill effects, when you partake of this you are stupid. As in mentally deficient. You lack the normal amount of intelligence that would stop someone harming themselves AND breaking the law at the same time.
But it's worse than that. By smoking it you place yourself in a lower class of society. You are the unwashed cretins that they warn children about. The Bottom Feeders. They people the upper class gladly use as cannon fodder in the Struggle of Life.
Does that clarify the matter? I should certainly hope it does. Good day.
You are about as nutty as a fruitcake! Let me guess, Abortion is murder, too, right? And Palin would make a good President? Do the world a favor, get in your car, pull it in the garage keeping the car running, close the garage door, and relax until you fall into a deep sleep!

Thank you!
Elite

Ardmore, PA

#31 Jun 29, 2011
Mayor Nuttier wrote:
<quoted text>
You are about as nutty as a fruitcake! Let me guess, Abortion is murder, too, right? And Palin would make a good President? Do the world a favor, get in your car, pull it in the garage keeping the car running, close the garage door, and relax until you fall into a deep sleep!
Thank you!
Mr Mayor, please allow me to illustrate the two major logic problems in your argument. Logic was a basic component of of my early prep school education, and I am proud to say I excelled at it, even at a young age.

1) "You are as nutty as a fruitcake" is what is called an argument ad hominem, which is Latin for "against the man." It's an attack made against another person's character when the attacker's own argument is weak or even non-existent.

2)"Let me guess, Abortion is murder, too, right? And Palin would make a good President?" These two are examples of non sequitur, which is once again another Latin term for "does not follow" and describes an argument that has nothing to do with the issue at hand. It's usually used to divert attention from the attacker's own weak arguments.

I hope these illustrations have been helpful, and I do encourage you to share these insights with your peers as they may benefit from them. Good day to you sir.
Elitism is the best ism

Fairfield, CT

#32 Jun 29, 2011
Elite wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr Mayor, please allow me to illustrate the two major logic problems in your argument. Logic was a basic component of of my early prep school education, and I am proud to say I excelled at it, even at a young age.
1) "You are as nutty as a fruitcake" is what is called an argument ad hominem, which is Latin for "against the man." It's an attack made against another person's character when the attacker's own argument is weak or even non-existent.
2)"Let me guess, Abortion is murder, too, right? And Palin would make a good President?" These two are examples of non sequitur, which is once again another Latin term for "does not follow" and describes an argument that has nothing to do with the issue at hand. It's usually used to divert attention from the attacker's own weak arguments.
I hope these illustrations have been helpful, and I do encourage you to share these insights with your peers as they may benefit from them. Good day to you sir.
Your rhetoric is witty, but only slightly amusing. I believe we've gone on a tangent here forgetting about your (Elite's) initial argument, which was based on earlier (facetious) comments about marijuana and liquor use at a 4th of July event (an argument of moral relativism).

I have work to do, so i'll cut it short: there are far greater problems in Norristown other than a little recreational marijuana use. The guns, the violence, welfare trash, slum housing, absentee parents--these are very valid reasons not to raise your child in Norristown!!
Elite

Ardmore, PA

#33 Jun 29, 2011
I concur on your valid points Elitism, yet I question the methodology of ignoring these so called victimless crimes. History will how that in the 80's then New York City Mayor Rudolf Giuliani cracked down hard on such minor offenses such as turnstile jumping, graffiti, and squeegee men. This showed a no tolerance policy in full effect, and as a result crime across the board was dramatically reduced.
I submit that a similar on the awful cretins in Norristown might have a similar effect. The activities listed here in this topic are all the behavior of reprehensible persons, and if those behaviors (and even better, those people) were removed from Norristown, it could enjoy something of a Renaissance.
Norristown Frank

Raleigh, NC

#34 Jun 30, 2011
Listen, I'm trying to spark, no not that kind of spark, some fun in the Norristown area that has nothing to do with turnstile jumping, graffiti,or squeegeeing so I think you'd be safe.

All are invited for a fun night of music, food and explosions in the sky. We will have all types of highly explosive item that will launch into the sky and then after a loud "boom" will make pretty colors for all to enjoy.

Don't you want to be there?

July 10th 9:32pm sharp.
Elite

Ardmore, PA

#35 Jun 30, 2011
Thanks Frank, it's not so much a safety issue as a matter of odious company. I think I shall pass but thank you for the invitation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eagleville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Collegeville Inn (Jun '09) Jun 18 EMe 24
News Dispute leaves 1 dead on Lindsay Lot Road (Aug '09) Jun 4 Desirae Buttermore 154
News Pike sex offender jailed in Florida Feb '16 Scumbag chaser 1
Collegeville Music Thread (May '12) Jan '16 Musikologist 20
St. Eleanor's priest on the list of 21 suspende... (Mar '11) Dec '15 MER 24
News Police warn about cop impersonators and how to ... (Aug '14) Oct '15 Odie 4
Collegeville daycare (Sep '15) Oct '15 ms z 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eagleville Mortgages