Has anyone checked out IROY Fitness yet?

Has anyone checked out IROY Fitness yet?

Posted in the Eagleville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ahnuld

Raleigh, NC

#1 Aug 17, 2011
I noticed that the Studio Ten Ten at Germantown Pike and Potshop road in West Norriton closed up, and was taken over by IROY Fitness.
I Decided to check the place out and was pretty impressed! I don't know how serious you are about working out, but there is a TON of equipment there, including some things I haven't seen at the "Y", Kinetix, or LA Fitness. Large Spinning room, Aerobics Room, Cardio room, Child Sitting, and even those different size padded boxes you can jump onto.
Since the place just opened last week there's still a few things that are being finished, like mirrors, and a bench in the men's locker room, but I'm guessing all of that will be in place in the coming days.
All in all I'm very impressed, and the owner Yori is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet! Worth signing up for a free 7 day pass off his website just to check out.
True Grit

Yonkers, NY

#2 Aug 17, 2011
Thanks for the info Yori.
Ahnuld

Raleigh, NC

#3 Aug 17, 2011
Yeah I know, I'm heaping so much praise on the place, that it raises a red flag.
I'm really just giving my honest opinion, as I love to workout, and if I find a gym that's truly fantastic, I want to let others know about it - especially because it's a local person and not some chain like LA (which I also loved).

hkd

Norristown, PA

#4 Aug 17, 2011
I stoppd over there on Saturday afternoon and I was also really impressed with it. Yuri was very personable and friendly and the equipment and set up seem first-rate.

It's not cheap - but it looks like it's worth the price at least until word gets out and it becomes very crowded.
Bbb

Norristown, PA

#5 Aug 21, 2011
Are you even in Pa?
Ahnuld wrote:
I noticed that the Studio Ten Ten at Germantown Pike and Potshop road in West Norriton closed up, and was taken over by IROY Fitness.
I Decided to check the place out and was pretty impressed! I don't know how serious you are about working out, but there is a TON of equipment there, including some things I haven't seen at the "Y", Kinetix, or LA Fitness. Large Spinning room, Aerobics Room, Cardio room, Child Sitting, and even those different size padded boxes you can jump onto.
Since the place just opened last week there's still a few things that are being finished, like mirrors, and a bench in the men's locker room, but I'm guessing all of that will be in place in the coming days.
All in all I'm very impressed, and the owner Yori is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet! Worth signing up for a free 7 day pass off his website just to check out.
Norristown Frank

Raleigh, NC

#6 Aug 22, 2011
Bbb wrote:
Are you even in Pa?
<quoted text>
Yeah, are you in PA or do you just visit the area to go to IROY Fitness and the Collegeville LA Fitness and Kinetix in Eagleville??

I wonder...

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#7 Aug 23, 2011
Thread smells spammy. Although, googling IROY fitness, it looks to be local and not a national chain.

I'm guessing topix takes a guess at your location by your internet provider. Norristown Frank shows the same hometown as Ahnuld.
Norristown Frank

Raleigh, NC

#8 Aug 31, 2011
greymouser wrote:
Thread smells spammy. Although, googling IROY fitness, it looks to be local and not a national chain.
I'm guessing topix takes a guess at your location by your internet provider. Norristown Frank shows the same hometown as Ahnuld.
Yeah I don't get that. I have seen posters that show from Ohio too. Weird?
Norristown Frank

Raleigh, NC

#9 Aug 31, 2011
Now mine says Jenkintown PA?
Ahnuld

Raleigh, NC

#10 Aug 31, 2011
Bbb wrote:
Are you even in Pa?
<quoted text>
No, I just happen to know the street names and area some random new gym opened up at in another state.
Oh, and somehow I've also been a member of LA Fitness in Collegeville.
David

Gilbertsville, PA

#11 Nov 12, 2011
Time to set the story straight. I drive about 30 minutes to get to this gym 4 days a week. It's that good. The equipment is largely Cybex and some top notch private label stuff built overseas. I'm not the owner, nor am I friends with the owner. I'm just a guy who's lost a ton of weight and built lots of muscle in the two months that I've been going. I swtitched from the YMCA and LA Fitness and haven't regretted it. BTW, the owner/primary trainer is a former Olympic contender. I love this place!
dina

Monroeville, NJ

#13 Nov 22, 2011
everything is new. everything is very clean. top notch. i used to work out at kinetix 5 minutes away from iroy... iroy is so much better.
there is no wait for the machines too. that's really important.
amanda

Milton, DE

#16 Jan 7, 2012
i went to iroy this morning when they had an open house. they offered one week free trial. i plan to sign on and join anyway. place is very clean. all the equipment is new. and it's just 3 steps above the LA fitness.
Pete

Plymouth Meeting, PA

#17 Jan 9, 2012
I just checked out iroy last night and was sold. I went home and started the process of canceling my wife and my membership to LA fitness in Norristown.

Iroy's staff was very friendly, the space was huge, and the equipment was top notch. I am going to sign up after our free week runs out.

Nehwon

#19 Jan 15, 2012
How interesting. Looking at my last post, Big Lou's comment was deleted and is now an unperson.

I think some Topix scrubber has an appointment in Room 101 for their lack of due diligence in cleansing the boards.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#20 Jan 20, 2012
Wow, I dont know who's the bigger assclown here: "Larry Lips" or "Greymouser". Larry, while I respect your choice, please spare us the intimate details. Greymouser, do us a favor and stop acting as the forum nazi! This is an open public forum. Regardless of how much of a troll old Larry might be, it's his/her right to post whatever s/he feels. Maybe try getting a life dude!

Nehwon

#21 Jan 21, 2012
Bull_Hurley wrote:
Wow, I dont know who's the bigger assclown here: "Larry Lips" or "Greymouser". Larry, while I respect your choice, please spare us the intimate details. Greymouser, do us a favor and stop acting as the forum nazi! This is an open public forum. Regardless of how much of a troll old Larry might be, it's his/her right to post whatever s/he feels. Maybe try getting a life dude!
I take it your venture into attempting free advertising on (and in your words) "an open public forum" isn't turning into the gold bonanza you hoped it would be?

This entire thread is spam and should be treated with no less ridicule than "MAKE MONEY FAST!!!!!!" or Nigerian 419 scam emails.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#22 Jan 22, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>I take it your venture into attempting free advertising on (and in your words) "an open public forum" isn't turning into the gold bonanza you hoped it would be?

This entire thread is spam and should be treated with no less ridicule than "MAKE MONEY FAST!!!!!!" or Nigerian 419 scam emails.
Wow, did you come up with that completely asinine response all by yourself?
Sweatin Oldies

Boynton Beach, FL

#24 Feb 2, 2012
I sucked on plenty of milky sausages there.
sjstevens

North Wales, PA

#25 Feb 19, 2012
I checked it out and was impressed. Has anybody had any success in negotiating the rates down or are the prices final?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eagleville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two charged after trooper hurt on I-84 Jan 14 Prayers 1
Racially profiled at movie tavern in collegeville (Jan '15) Jan 11 Mike 5
News robinson Jan 2 whitenigrs never ... 1
News PSP trooper charged with DUI, was Troop H spoke... Dec 30 bubba navy 3
Collegeville Music Thread (May '12) Nov '16 Musikologist 21
I'm negative Oct '16 Welltodo 1
wood fire pool heater pa (Sep '14) Sep '14 leamyelectricinc 1

Eagleville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance