Lower Providence Considering New YMCA...

Lower Providence Considering New YMCA Facility

There are 3 comments on the Patch.com story from Jul 24, 2012, titled Lower Providence Considering New YMCA Facility. In it, Patch.com reports that:

According to The Times Herald , the Lower Providence Board of Supervisors will hold a special meeting at 6:30 p.m.A on Thursday, July 26, at the Lower Providence Township Building A to hear plans by the Freedom Valley YMCA on a proposed new facility on the grounds of theA Club at Shannondell on Egypt Road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

Stacie Dale

Norristown, PA

#1 Aug 4, 2012
According to the Mont. County Planning Commission: The General Washington/Shannondell Club Property has a deed restriction on it that essentially prevents its sale or change of use without the approval of the County Commissioners (Shapiro,
Richards, Castor). In making any decision on that restriction, the Commissioners would want a recommendation from the County Open Space Board. In the past, this conversion of use has only happened if the township was willing to preserve another parcel that was at least equal to or greater in size than the parcel being converted . The township would basically have to prove there was no other option for the YMCA to build on. So far, there has not been any formal contact by LP Township to the county regarding this proposal (of course that doesn't mean there aren't informal discussions going on about it). We'd still like a YMCA somewhere else (in LP or WN) of which there are plenty of other options (Industrial Park, Audubon Rd. lot, ARA fields, 100 Parklane Drive, junkyard lot behind Rite Aid). Please sign the petition if you want a YMCA somewhere else in LP/WN http://www.change.org/petitions/lower-provide...
Norristown Ford Building

Raleigh, NC

#2 Aug 7, 2012
Lower Providence doesn't want new businesses. Believe me I know because I've been sitting vacant for years now.

Ida

Norristown, PA

#3 Aug 18, 2012
I fully support the Y at the golf course, I am one of the many that don't play golf and would love the opportunity to join a full service Y in LP. Please Stacie, don't do what they did in West Norriton and scare them away, the reason they want to locate on the golf property is because of size and cost, if there is some other location in LP, how much would it cost for them to locate there and buy the property. I am sure Nelson is not going to give their parcel you mention to the Y or they would have already done it. Don't be so short sighted, the golfers would still have there private clubhouse and a 9 hole course to play, the rest of us could use the other half as should be and I am sure the commissioners would approve it. Let's not kill this project like they did in West Norriton, we need a community center more now than ever, give it some support where it is proposed. It is always easy to be negative and against everything good that our residents would enjoy.
Stacie Dale wrote:
According to the Mont. County Planning Commission: The General Washington/Shannondell Club Property has a deed restriction on it that essentially prevents its sale or change of use without the approval of the County Commissioners (Shapiro,
Richards, Castor). In making any decision on that restriction, the Commissioners would want a recommendation from the County Open Space Board. In the past, this conversion of use has only happened if the township was willing to preserve another parcel that was at least equal to or greater in size than the parcel being converted . The township would basically have to prove there was no other option for the YMCA to build on. So far, there has not been any formal contact by LP Township to the county regarding this proposal (of course that doesn't mean there aren't informal discussions going on about it). We'd still like a YMCA somewhere else (in LP or WN) of which there are plenty of other options (Industrial Park, Audubon Rd. lot, ARA fields, 100 Parklane Drive, junkyard lot behind Rite Aid). Please sign the petition if you want a YMCA somewhere else in LP/WN http://www.change.org/petitions/lower-provide...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eagleville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pike sex offender jailed in Florida Fri Scumbag chaser 1
Collegeville Inn (Jun '09) Jan 31 collegeville enth... 23
Collegeville Music Thread (May '12) Jan 28 Musikologist 20
St. Eleanor's priest on the list of 21 suspende... (Mar '11) Dec '15 MER 24
News Police warn about cop impersonators and how to ... (Aug '14) Oct '15 Odie 4
Collegeville daycare Oct '15 ms z 2
News Pennsylvania State Trooper Arrested in Child Se... (Feb '11) Sep '15 Bat5hitcrazy 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eagleville Mortgages