Review: US Post Office

Posted in the Eagleville Forum

Samantha Smith

Norristown, PA

#1 Dec 8, 2009
This Post Office never answers their phone. I've been calling then for two days. It's not a State holiday, so some one should be there. As usual with the Post Office I feel you get no cumstomer service.
Blaze

Brook Park, OH

#2 Dec 28, 2009
I too have been calling through all their hours of operation for 2 days now. Never ever does anyone pick up the phone!I emailed a complaint to the USPS regarding this, but who knows when or what help I will get.This post office has not delivered a package they received and sorted for delivery on December 18th. It was going right nearby to QVC returns, and to this moment it has gone undelivered. Things happen, I know. The courtesy of answereing the phone instead of being ignored is what is making this problem all the more aggrevating! Will send my returns UPS from now on.
Angel D Eagleville

Norristown, PA

#3 Mar 30, 2010
WOW Samantha you hit the nail on the head...this location doesnt answer the phone and there is no recorded message and or voicemail. Oh and by the way just for kicks and giggles I let it ring for awhile and it goes to a busy signal and hangs up....NICE .... Customer Service, what CS there is none. being a CS manager myself this is a total disgrace. Collegeville post office answers their phone and also response back to you. I will go the extra distance to Collegeville just for their CS rather than go down the road 2 minutes to eagleville.
DANI

Norwood, PA

#4 Jul 30, 2010
I have called many, many times and usually there is no answer. The reason I've called many , many times? My mail person chooses what pieces of my mail he'll actually deliver. People and companies send me things and most of the time they get sent back as "undeliverable by post office". Netflix has canceled my subscription 2x because of this. UPS, Fed ex ,DHL, even the little census lady have no problem delivering things to me ...thank GOD I get online statements from my utility companies!!
New to PA

Norristown, PA

#5 Jul 30, 2010
Samantha Smith wrote:
This Post Office never answers their phone. I've been calling then for two days. It's not a State holiday, so some one should be there. As usual with the Post Office I feel you get no cumstomer service.
I dont think they offer cumstomer service. Then again, I dont know if anyone does...

Since: Sep 07

Collegeville, PA

#6 Jul 31, 2010
We have received mail soaking wet, on a sunny day like something was spilled on it. Instead of delivering boxes with books and other things that do not fit in the box to the door they attach it to the mail box with rubber bands, even in the rain. But after a huge snow storm he has the nerve to leave a little diagram on how we need to shovel the snow to make it easier for him to pull up to the mailbox. Worst mail service I have ever had is in this area.
Tough Love

Raleigh, NC

#7 Nov 3, 2010
jmvfan wrote:
Instead of delivering boxes with books and other things that do not fit in the box to the door they attach it to the mail box with rubber bands, even in the rain. But after a huge snow storm he has the nerve to leave a little diagram on how we need to shovel the snow to make it easier for him to pull up to the mailbox. Worst mail service I have ever had is in this area.
You must have a pretty strong mailbox if they're attatching boxes of books to it. Strong rubberbands too!
And everyone's supposed to keep their mailbox free of snow, so the mailman can deliver. So next time instead of burying it and the surrounding area with your snowthrower, keep it clear.

Collegeville, PA

#8 Nov 3, 2010
Tough Love wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have a pretty strong mailbox if they're attatching boxes of books to it. Strong rubberbands too!
And everyone's supposed to keep their mailbox free of snow, so the mailman can deliver. So next time instead of burying it and the surrounding area with your snowthrower, keep it clear.
I like the way you edit my response to suit you. He squeezed the the book between the flag and box and hooked it on with a rubber band. It was a soft cover book and it actually bent the book the way he did it. We don't have a snow blower it was from the actual storm and we did shovel, it just didn't match his diagram. What are your suggestions about our dripping wet mail, in the mailbox since you seem to know it all?
Tough Love

Raleigh, NC

#9 Nov 4, 2010
jmvfan wrote:
<quoted text>I like the way you edit my response to suit you. He squeezed the the book between the flag and box and hooked it on with a rubber band. It was a soft cover book and it actually bent the book the way he did it. We don't have a snow blower it was from the actual storm and we did shovel, it just didn't match his diagram. What are your suggestions about our dripping wet mail, in the mailbox since you seem to know it all?

I didn't edit anything, as those were your words, not mine.
So my suggestion about this supposed dripping wet mail? Well, given the exaggeration of "boxes of books" which turned out to be a single paperback book, I'm guessing this dripping wet mail probably wasn't really "dripping wet" either. I'm not sure what happened there, nor am I sure of what was inside the package.
What do you think happened?
Froderick

Raleigh, NC

#10 Nov 4, 2010
I called the post office last week and they picked the phone up on the 3rd ring. We spoke and I ran over and picked up the package that would not fit in my mail box. My carrier Charlie is a great guy. The mail is always dry.
Some people are always looking for the dark clouds in life....

Collegeville, PA

#11 Nov 4, 2010
Tough Love wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't edit anything, as those were your words, not mine.
So my suggestion about this supposed dripping wet mail? Well, given the exaggeration of "boxes of books" which turned out to be a single paperback book, I'm guessing this dripping wet mail probably wasn't really "dripping wet" either. I'm not sure what happened there, nor am I sure of what was inside the package.
What do you think happened?
I typed "boxes with books" not "boxes of books". You did edit my original post as you left off part of it. Just like you changed words around this time. The supposed "dripping wet" mail was bills and etc. I guess you must work for the post office and your feelings got hurt. Not to worry, the post office is becoming less and less relevant as we are changing our bills to be delivered online and we can use other companies to ship from. So we don't have the problems we use to.
Froderick

Raleigh, NC

#12 Nov 4, 2010
Yeah JMVFAN I got the feeling that "tough love" (yea right) was a postal employee. Never know.
Why would he get so wrapped up in this. Anyway I was just wanted to share my experience.
Tough Love

Raleigh, NC

#13 Nov 4, 2010
jmvfan wrote:
<quoted text>I typed "boxes with books" not "boxes of books". You did edit my original post as you left off part of it. Just like you changed words around this time. The supposed "dripping wet" mail was bills and etc. I guess you must work for the post office and your feelings got hurt. Not to worry, the post office is becoming less and less relevant as we are changing our bills to be delivered online and we can use other companies to ship from. So we don't have the problems we use to.
On my computer it says "Boxes of Books", but if you want to change it to Boxes with Books" that's fine cause they sound the same to me. I don't work for the Post Office, but I'm just a Postal customer who is tired of seeing the whining and complaining from ungrateful customers. So go ahead and mail your letters through UPS and pay an arm and a leg. And the PC is great to, especially when someone's hacking into it to steal your personal info.
And if you spent as much effort on the snow as you do these message boards the whole block would be free of snow!

Collegeville, PA

#14 Nov 4, 2010
Tough Love wrote:
<quoted text>
On my computer it says "Boxes of Books", but if you want to change it to Boxes with Books"
*lol*

Collegeville, PA

#15 Nov 4, 2010
You do get that everyone can see the previous posts as well, don't you? Too funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eagleville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Senators propose pipeline impact fee Dec 20 Tax Lovefest 2
Basement water damage from overhead pipe leak (Dec '08) Dec 16 Matt Dalek 10
Route 422 (Jan '09) Dec 15 422sucks 22
Moving to Collegeville (Mar '07) Dec 7 Tolerance is a Vi... 44
Debate: Drinking Age - Collegeville, PA (Dec '11) Nov '14 Sally Donafan 2
What is the best restaurant in the Collegeville... (Aug '08) Nov '14 Gastronaut 46
Not everyone benefiting from growth in Carlisle Nov '14 Tyrone from Uptown 3

Eagleville News Video

Eagleville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Eagleville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Eagleville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Eagleville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News