Advice on bomb shelters
Posted in the Eagleville Forum
#1 Apr 17, 2012
So I'm looking into building my own bomb shelter, and was hoping I could get some solid advice on what I need to have stocked.
I was thinking...
- Canned Soup
- Canned Beans/Veggies
- Silly Putty
I've already purchased some of this stuff, but I'm not sure how much is a good idea. Also, is dry Ramen edible?
#2 Apr 17, 2012
I think you have it right there bub. I would definitely make sure you have matches or something to light a fire with. Also, dry Ramen IS edible and lasts a long time. Where are you building this bomb shelter? Back yard?
#3 Apr 18, 2012
Well, I can't announce where because I haven't gotten approval from the township, but it's near my grandmother's residence.
Can't believe I didn't think of matches. Are propane tanks a good idea, or would that be too dangerous?
#4 Apr 18, 2012
I don't know who is going to be in the shelter with you, but if you are taking your girl in there, you will need:
1. Condoms - cause if you fill her up on Dry Ramen, she is going to be sweet on you my man! I hope you brought some candles!
2. Matchbox cars. You are going to need something to do. There will be a lot of 'extra time' and I don't think you are going to have your HD TV down there.
3. Ear Plugs. If you have your lady in there with you - and there is 'extra time'- guess who is going to be listening to a bunch of nonsense *pulls out mirror*.
4. Glade. Yes, we can all take our own farts. But remember that gourmet meal of Dry Ramen you just fed to your lady?
#5 Apr 18, 2012
I have been a "prepper" for year now and have a well established shelter. The whereabouts should be keep secret and I WOULD NOT reccomend asking the township for permits!?!? When the time comes you must consider you and your family's need only.
I will ask you these questions to help you get started:
1. Do you know how to prepare and cook food without electricity?
For example...dutch oven, open fire, or solar cooking.
2. Do you know how to purify water?
3. Do you know how to grow your own food?
For example... outdoor, greenhouse or container gardening.
4. Do you know who to administer CPR and advanced first aid?
5. Do you know how to sew?
6. Do you know how to properly stock and maintain a food pantry?
7. Do you know how to defend yourself and your family?
8. Do you know how to be debt free and live that way?
9. Do you know how to barter for goods and services?
10. Do you know how to keep warm and heat your shelter without electricity?
#6 Apr 18, 2012
Here are your answers:
1. He has the food thing under control - twinkies, canned soup, and Spam. Don't forget about the veggies he has. You ask about a Dutch oven, my girl loves those!
2. You don't need to purify water, you need to make water from urine. In his case, he will just drink the urine and brush real quick since he has toothpaste and a toothbrush.
3. Again, he doesn't need to grow food - he has twinkies!
4. First Aid? He has silly putty, that is almost as good as liquid band aids. Covered, end of topic.
5. Who cares what your clothes look like - your in a dang bunker - not on the red carpet. This guy is feeding his lady a candlelit dinner of dry Ramen - do you think he cares if he has a hole in his shirt?
6. I would say he has the food thing covered - he is even bringing dry Ramen for the special occasions with his lady friend. Besides, this is the third food question...seems like you are padding your list...
7. This guy has loaded his bunker with Twinkies. If he is smart enough to do that, he is smart enough to lock the door behind him.
8. If the disaster is big enough to be in a bunker - who cares what you owe people. Chances are that whoever you owed money to got killed in the disaster.
9. My man has silly putty and canned veggies. Of course he can barter!
10. He did forget blankets on his list. Yo my man - add some blankets to your fallout list!
It was good advice not to tell the authorities where you are. Just in case they might actually be able to help you out after a disaster. I mean they only have access to heavy equipment, water treatment, medical supplies and what not. Nah, don't get them involved.
#7 Apr 19, 2012
I'm a Prepper,
You're a Prepper!
Wouldn't you like to be Prepper Too?
#8 Apr 19, 2012
boy is there a;ot of stupid people in this world. nothing is goimg to happen just as all the other predictions an if it does happen how can u protect your self in bomb shelters if you have no idea what is happening and who knows you might be building it where the main disater is started
#9 May 1, 2012
I'm just getting ready in the event that if something goes down, I'll have a place to go to.
If you don't agree that's fine, but don't come crawling to me for help when it all hits the fan AND WATER BOTTLES, EGGS, AND MILK ARE SOLD OUT!!!!
#10 May 16, 2012
Yo Fallout Guy,
According to your list, you don't have any eggs and milk. We are gonna go elsewhere for those things - if we even need them. we'll be lookin for some burgers and beer.
But after we catch a buzz...we are gonna come over to your place for some of them Twinkies that your stocking up on.
Surely you will trade us some Twinkies for some burgers and beer....
Can't we all just git along?
#11 Jun 19, 2012
Yo Fallout Guy,
How is the bunker progressing? Any news or updates that you can share? Any Pics?
Add your comments below
|Dont hire this scumbag||Sat||Concerned citizen||1|
|Green Home Shows (Feb '09)||Feb 7||DMS Stamford||3|
|Review: JCF Construction (Mar '15)||Feb 3||Mark||6|
|St. Eleanor's priest on the list of 21 suspende... (Mar '11)||Oct '17||Carly||25|
|Allentown Fair's new contests and demonstrations||Sep '17||weapon X||3|
|Eagle sightings on Collergeville or Skippack (May '11)||Sep '17||Dump Democrats ...||18|
|Apartments across from Trappe Tavern (Jul '09)||Aug '17||Maskedbeauty||168|
Find what you want!
Search Eagleville Forum Now
Copyright © 2018 Topix LLC