Quarry proposal back before planners ...

Quarry proposal back before planners in Nov.

There are 2 comments on the Main Street Newspapers story from Oct 17, 2007, titled Quarry proposal back before planners in Nov.. In it, Main Street Newspapers reports that:

“By locating the quarry in a sparsely inhabited area, the proposal also promotes the county's goal of building an industrial base that will have minimal impact on residential property or future residential developments”

A proposal for a quarry between Fincastle and Eagle Rock could be back before the Botetourt County Planning Commission on Tuesday, Nov. via Main Street Newspapers

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Main Street Newspapers.

abc

Fincastle, VA

#1 Oct 18, 2007
why does BC want another quarry? for eye & lung pollution? blasting? poisoning our streams? to add even more speeding, black smoke spewing trucks up & down the roads? BC said no to RAILS TO TRAILS, yet are pushing for ANOTHER DIRTY INDUSTRY. why not bring in CLEAN INDUSTRY? this is an area of beautiful natural resources - it could be an income producing family rec. area. just because an area is 'sparsely inhabited' is not reason to trash it totally w/quarries, etc. please think CLEAN, GREEN ways to add to our county - not detract from it. what a negative thing to do to all the people of our region.
i am there

Mooresville, NC

#2 Apr 14, 2009
i am in your quarry in buchanan 9 to 12 times a week, what is so dirty about this???? have you been in the burger king on the corner???? talk about nasty, i dont think the rats in the town will even eat there! in the 3 yrs i have hauled out of there the quarry really looks out for the town and i have an idea they pay most of the tax income to.they offer a product no one else does no where close, and it is a feed grade, so dont put your words of wisdom on this site, then sit down and stuff your face, with out this product alot of chickens and hogs wont get the nutrients they need to grow and be put on the table in front of you.yes it can get dusty, but look around the town, i see alot more trashier things that you could complain about, instead a steady income for the employees and the town

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eagle Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
facebook yardsale sites 11 min well 8
Gala Industries 27 min Going to the big D 8
Child protective services in high acres? 47 min whatever 4
Re-open Skateland 1 hr Knick Properties 2
Janet Simmons./Davis. 1 hr On the hill 1
Li'l Ceaser's closing 2 hr Info 3
Hottest girl 2 hr denzel 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eagle Rock Mortgages