Is it true? Gas card thiefs got away ...

Is it true? Gas card thiefs got away scot-free?

Posted in the Eagle Pass Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wondering

United States

#1 Jun 6, 2012
I heard that the people that stole the gas card and spent close to $70,000 of gas are getting away with it. Supposedly they plea bargained and have paid back half of the money and will continue to make payments? If this is true, why didn't they go to jail?
yuup

United States

#3 Jun 6, 2012
Totally true. The reason they didn't serve time was because the administration didn't make clear how the gas cards were to be used and thus punishment and conviction was overturned and everyone came into agreement to pay back the full amount for misinterpretations. And they wanted anonymity because they are important city officials. Now wouldn't you say justice was not served. If it were any other type of employees. Everyone would of been locked up and been publicly humiliated.
MmM

Eagle Pass, TX

#4 Jun 6, 2012
They should goo to jail piinches ratas !! Ii knww one of them he wiill steal daa money juss to buy drugs !!
lol

Eagle Pass, TX

#6 Jun 6, 2012
Ariday wrote:
here are all the names....
COCA RUIZ
RICKY RUIZ(which btw he is having a baseball clinic to pay off his dirty debt if you all wish to help please take you children)
Johnny RUIZ
Charlie RUIZ
(charlies wife) RUIZ
DAVID CHISUM
pinche jente ignorante
and they will strike again ppl beware of the INFAMOUS FAMILY
How do you know the names?
confused

Brownwood, TX

#7 Jun 7, 2012
Wait what happened?
unfortunately

United States

#8 Jun 7, 2012
This is so messed up. My family works with them and every employee is crying foul!!! Because there wasn't justice. And guess what else happened to throw a wrench in the mess. The whistle blower got fired. That's what is so messed up. Instead of firing the ones who commited the theft. The whistle blower was punished. Just shows that this whole city is corrupted!!! But this ain't over yet. The whistle blower is fighting back and during the city for wrongful dismissal. This is going to get even more ugly. And maybe this will put those assholes who took advantage of stealing gas cards and using them for their personal use to justice.
FBI

Dallas, TX

#9 Jun 7, 2012
If you have any questions regarding this matter call us.
citizen

Eagle Pass, TX

#10 Jun 7, 2012
Do the politicians think we're stupid? We won't let this injustice go away this time!
nooo waaaay

United States

#11 Jun 7, 2012
yuup wrote:
Totally true. The reason they didn't serve time was because the administration didn't make clear how the gas cards were to be used and thus punishment and conviction was overturned and everyone came into agreement to pay back the full amount for misinterpretations. And they wanted anonymity because they are important city officials. Now wouldn't you say justice was not served. If it were any other type of employees. Everyone would of been locked up and been publicly humiliated.
Un-bleepin-believable!! Why does everyone protect these people? How long can they get away with their scandalous and illegal activities. It is another shameful moment in EP history. And what kind of an argument is "the administration didn't make clear how the gas cards were to be used"? Duhhhh! I hope the whistleblower makes a killing off their lawsuit. I have no hope for this town.:(
lol

Eagle Pass, TX

#12 Jun 7, 2012
This is the Republic of Maverick, the most corrupt place in the USA.
Ruiz

Dallas, TX

#13 Jun 8, 2012
Ariday, you posted those names without hesitation, if this is true why hasn't the government done something about it. Castaneda didnt care too much bout the investigation or he was just fishing to get us. Its been said that credit cards were used well city administrationn were not aware that the gas expenditure was being done without authorization and then they realized that 70,000 had been spent now that's bullshit. But then were targeted and blamed for this incident bring it on!
hey

Eagle Pass, TX

#14 Jun 8, 2012
Too bad the San Antonio media is not investigating this case.
truth

Eagle Pass, TX

#16 Jun 8, 2012
hey wrote:
Too bad the San Antonio media is not investigating this case.
SA media got bought off too!
Reportreros incapacitado

Carrizo Springs, TX

#17 Jun 8, 2012
Por eso los reporteros deben investigar antes de notificar. Son una bola de estupidos aqui.

Si los reporteros en San Antonio no reportaron es porque son reporteros investigadores o tienen un patron intelligente que estudia la situcion antes de meter las patas como los de aqui.

Como dice Topix "yuup", si no hay reglas de como se pueden usar las tarjetas,no tienes caso.

El coraje que me da a mi es que a mi no me invitaron.

esta muy cara la gasolina.

¿Porque no admitimos que somos envidiosos?
orale

Eagle Pass, TX

#18 Jun 8, 2012
Where's Nacho Trujillo? He knows who the culprits are.
wake up

United States

#19 Jun 8, 2012
The reporters here made a big deal out of nothing but a misunderstanding and it costs the whistle blower his or her job. Whistle blower went to the news media to make themselves look good but when everyone opened their mouths and remanded answers. Well the law got involved. After mug consideration and proper investigation there was discrepancies on how administration should of notified city officials on how to use gas cards. That's where the misunderstanding was and administration agreed to let employees pay back the money and case was thrown out in a privately held hearing. Reporters should investigate before jumping to conclusions and think they got a hot breaking news.
wow

Eagle Pass, TX

#20 Jun 8, 2012
wake up wrote:
The reporters here made a big deal out of nothing but a misunderstanding and it costs the whistle blower his or her job. Whistle blower went to the news media to make themselves look good but when everyone opened their mouths and remanded answers. Well the law got involved. After mug consideration and proper investigation there was discrepancies on how administration should of notified city officials on how to use gas cards. That's where the misunderstanding was and administration agreed to let employees pay back the money and case was thrown out in a privately held hearing. Reporters should investigate before jumping to conclusions and think they got a hot breaking news.
Such a shame the Ruizes get away with bad deeds again. Will this family every be held accountable?
Seriously

Laredo, TX

#21 Jun 8, 2012
wake up wrote:
The reporters here made a big deal out of nothing but a misunderstanding and it costs the whistle blower his or her job. Whistle blower went to the news media to make themselves look good but when everyone opened their mouths and remanded answers. Well the law got involved. After mug consideration and proper investigation there was discrepancies on how administration should of notified city officials on how to use gas cards. That's where the misunderstanding was and administration agreed to let employees pay back the money and case was thrown out in a privately held hearing. Reporters should investigate before jumping to conclusions and think they got a hot breaking news.
A misunderstanding? Exactly what was a misunderstanding...that if you are not a city official, you don't get to gas up your own vehicle with a credit card that doesn't belong to you, or that you can't gas up other people's vehicles with a city gas card, charge them a fee and pocket the money, or the definition of stealing?
sources

United States

#22 Jun 8, 2012
When gas cards were given city officials weren't notified correctly by administration on how or what vehicles should only be fueled up. That's why the case was overturned and dismissed. And since parties involved offered to pay back the money no one was indicted or prosecuted. They have already paid 80% back to the city and the rest are in payments. Just shows how breaking news here can backfire. Why d you think no one has said anything about it. The media doesn't want to look like jack asses.
Common Sense

Laredo, TX

#23 Jun 8, 2012
sources wrote:
When gas cards were given city officials weren't notified correctly by administration on how or what vehicles should only be fueled up. That's why the case was overturned and dismissed. And since parties involved offered to pay back the money no one was indicted or prosecuted. They have already paid 80% back to the city and the rest are in payments. Just shows how breaking news here can backfire. Why d you think no one has said anything about it. The media doesn't want to look like jack asses.
"When gas cards were given city officials weren't notified correctly by administration on how or what vehicles should only be fueled up." Seems like common sense, don't you think...a city gas card to be used for city vehicles?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eagle Pass Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
superintendent 25,000 raise 1 min Luis 2
Schmerber refuses to crack down on illegals 23 min Realiist 8
We need a good Chinese Restaurant in Eagle Pass 2 hr Fan 8
EPISD rewards Hiller's company 3 hr bonafide 7
border wall 4 hr bonafide 9
Where can I check if my sperm is good ? (Oct '14) 5 hr Procreation Advisor 8
Illegal maquinitas support Saucedo and Cantu 7 hr Chota 15

Eagle Pass Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eagle Pass Mortgages