Eagle Pass Police doing NOTHING about drunk drivers.

Posted in the Eagle Pass Forum

Concern Citizen

United States

#1 Feb 24, 2013
Amazing to see so many drunks leaving the bars getting in their cars and driving away right in front if these police officers and they do nothing about it. Even on weekend night drunks speeding and driving recklessly through our streets and not a cop in sight. Action needs to be taken.
Get fit

United States

#2 Feb 24, 2013
That's because they are all fat and lazy out of shape. They don't have the energy to do anything. They need to force them to give up the red meat and workout OR LOSE YOUR JOB.
Get buff

El Monte, CA

#4 Feb 24, 2013
They need to force them to get in shape they all have big bellys!
Mario

Eagle Pass, TX

#5 Feb 24, 2013
Concern Citizen wrote:
Amazing to see so many drunks leaving the bars getting in their cars and driving away right in front if these police officers and they do nothing about it. Even on weekend night drunks speeding and driving recklessly through our streets and not a cop in sight. Action needs to be taken.
It that was the case we would be no officers, all of our local PD officers drink at the bars on their time off. if you feel unsecure about our streets late at night, please dont go out and shut your mouth.
ghost

Eagle Pass, TX

#7 Feb 25, 2013
Well, even if they did something about it, Saucedo & Ramos would just dismiss their cases. They have accidents caused by a DWI & they dismiss the case. It's time to clean house. These two along with the chief of police need to be replaced.
You Have No Idea

United States

#8 Feb 25, 2013
You people have no idea how much paperwork is involved with a DWI arrest. Besides, the DA's office usually throws out DWI charges, so what's the use? It's easier just following them home safely or giving them a public intoxication charge.
Bacically, it's a pain in the but!
Not To Mention

United States

#9 Feb 25, 2013
Not to mention it takes an officer off the street for at least 1/2 their shift, and sometimes the entire shift. It's a total waste of time and of the taxpayers money. So mind your own business!
Victim

Castroville, TX

#10 Feb 25, 2013
You Have No Idea wrote:
You people have no idea how much paperwork is involved with a DWI arrest. Besides, the DA's office usually throws out DWI charges, so what's the use? It's easier just following them home safely or giving them a public intoxication charge.
Bacically, it's a pain in the but!
Hey dumb•ass! Say that when a drunk kills your mother, father or a family member.
Oscar

United States

#11 Feb 25, 2013
Victim wrote:
<quoted text> Hey dumb•ass! Say that when a drunk kills your mother, father or a family member.
I'm just being honest and was trying to answer a simple question. Didn't say it was right. Besides, Eagle Pass has so many drunks, it's a lost cause even trying to mess with them. And as I said, the DA refuses most of the DWI cases, so F it!
Fat boy

Lynnwood, WA

#12 Feb 25, 2013
Oscar wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just being honest and was trying to answer a simple question. Didn't say it was right. Besides, Eagle Pass has so many drunks, it's a lost cause even trying to mess with them. And as I said, the DA refuses most of the DWI cases, so F it!
Your life must be miserable. You sound like one of those persons who never succeeded in life. You probably quit and everything you tried. Looooooooooser!
Eagle Eye

Houston, TX

#13 Feb 25, 2013
Ay que mi gente :/ now there is a reason why the popo do not stop drunks coming out of our local bars and this is why very simple, police are not aloud to stake out a local bar and they are not aloud to follow any customers from any local bars, because then the business or any kind of clubs bars ect..... would loose business with clientele simple as that. And that is a law that protects the business owners, tan tan!
Yes

Eagle Pass, TX

#14 Feb 25, 2013
I live drinking and if u can find a designated driver that is the way to go. Or stop drinking an hour before you leave. But true about cops not being able to arrest people as soon as they take off from a bar or club. Assuming and ring out that you are able to drive a motor vehicle. One mile radious is enough for them to follow you and stop you for no reason because that's the law now. They don't need a reason to stop you. Their words would be routine check. And if you are caught doing illegal activities your cellphone is also taken away and searched for incriminating evidence. They leave no stone unturned these days.
Eagle Eye wrote:
Ay que mi gente :/ now there is a reason why the popo do not stop drunks coming out of our local bars and this is why very simple, police are not aloud to stake out a local bar and they are not aloud to follow any customers from any local bars, because then the business or any kind of clubs bars ect..... would loose business with clientele simple as that. And that is a law that protects the business owners, tan tan!
shadow

United States

#15 Feb 26, 2013
Im sorry but every weekend they catch someone they do the best they can crime is up
Joe

Ballwin, MO

#16 Feb 26, 2013
It's such a waste of time stopping drunk drivers. Do u have any idea how many officers it takes off the street with just one DWI arrest?
Cris

Ballwin, MO

#17 Feb 27, 2013
Just wear your seatbelts! You'll be ok if one of them hits you. Just relax! Lol
Wasnt me

United States

#18 Feb 27, 2013
Tony castanetas tambien se emborracha
El Gato

Corpus Christi, TX

#20 Feb 28, 2013
No vale madre este departamento de Policia. Pura corrupcion empesando con el Jefe. Mas bien el "thief of police". En vez de ayudar, estan nomas a ver a quien chingan. Por eso nadie respeta a estos pendejos.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eagle Pass Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paco Mondragon's running 4 city council 8 min Citizen Patrol 5
muneca 15 min woot 3
episd 17 min EP Water Policy i... 4
ae 18 min nope 3
Lady Mavs Softball TeaM 19 min backstabber 3
Looking for a tutor (Dec '08) 19 min tutor 2
Sheriff deputy Serrano caught stealing ladies t... 20 min lezbehonest 13
Judge Moses 41 min CatchMore 19
Who will get arrested on Friday? 8 hr ally 11
Judge David Saucedo finally arrested this morni... 18 hr Rata 40