Is this confirmed???
info

Eagle Pass, TX

#4 Feb 21, 2013
what happened?????
concerned

Eagle Pass, TX

#7 Feb 21, 2013
Did it really happen and how can some people be so cruel if Dr. Chapa was shot to death. This is a very serious matter. If it is true prayers to Dr. Chaps family.
Vet

United States

#8 Feb 21, 2013
There's more information on
Zocalo.com .mx
Payback

San Antonio, TX

#9 Feb 21, 2013
concerned wrote:
Did it really happen and how can some people be so cruel if Dr. Chapa was shot to death. This is a very serious matter. If it is true prayers to Dr. Chaps family.
What do you think? People in Mexico don't get killed for no reason! hello!!! He probably had it coming! Don't you ever look at Borderlandbeat.com ??????????
Calmala

Eagle Pass, TX

#10 Feb 21, 2013
Piedras Negras, Coah.- El conocido médico veterinario de Piedras Negras José Gerardo Chapa, fue llevado al hospital regional para que fuera atendido de dos impactos de bala que presentaba, luego de llegar herido al puente internacional II, después del mediodía.

Tom Schmerber, Sheriff del Condado de Maverick, dio a conocer que el veterinario presentaba dos impactos de bala uno en un brazo y otro en una de sus manos, las lesiones fueron notadas por oficiales de Aduana, cuando este arribó a la garita de inspección.

El Sheriff manifestó que Chapa fue llevado al hospital local, en donde era evaluado para ser transportado a San Antonio, para mejor atención y que de acuerdo a las autoridades médicas locales se encontraba fuera de peligro.

Las autoridades indicaron que Chapa arribó a la garita de inspección en su unidad y aseguro que había sido herido en un fuego cruzado, durante una balacera registrada en Piedras Negras, aunque no se dieron mayores detalles. Zocalo.com .mx
info

Eagle Pass, TX

#13 Feb 21, 2013
concerned wrote:
Totally agree with you here... some people just have no sense, no manners, no conscious whatsover! Prayers for Chapa and his family!
TVAWTVCOM

Eagle Pass, TX

#14 Feb 21, 2013
ESCAPA HERIDO DE BALA VETERINARIO A EAGLE PASS
Published February 21, 2013 | By Staff
Eagle Pass, TX.-El conocido médico veterinario Gerardo Chapa García, residente de esta ciudad fue víctima de un atentado del que logró escapar herido de bala en hechos ocurridos la tarde de este jueves en la vecina ciudad de Piedras Negras.
Chapa García, fue emboscado por un vehículo en el que viajaban varios sujetos armados, a la altura de la calle progreso por donde tiene su clínica de mascotas.
De acuerdo a información extraoficial el médico veterinario, viajaba junto con un menor cuando de pronto fueron interceptados por la unidad en la que viajaban los sujetos armados, quienes les ordenaron que bajaran de la camioneta. El acompañante del veterinario descendió de la unidad, pero Chapa García decidió huir del lugar logrando cruzar a la unión americana por el puente internacional número dos.
En el trayecto de la huida, los sujetos armados lanzaron múltiples disparos a la camioneta del veterinario, haciendo blanco en 27 lugares de la unidad, y logrando herir a Chapa García a la altura del hombro y en una mano.
Al arribar a la caseta de revisión en la unión americana, los oficiales en turno pidieron la asistencia de una ambulancia.
Chapa García fue trasladado a la sala de emergencias del hospital Fort Duncan, pero minutos después fue volado a un hospital de San Antonio, donde está siendo atendido.
Tony Castañeda jefe de policía, dijo que sus investigadores hicieron contacto con la víctima en el hospital, pero más tarde investigadores de ICE arribaron para hacerse cargo de la investigación.
Salvador

San Antonio, TX

#15 Feb 21, 2013
It sounds like a drug deal gone bad.
Prayforthisgoodm an

Eagle Pass, TX

#16 Feb 21, 2013
Pray for him and his family. He is not dead, but in serious condition. Flown to San Antonio.
David

Ballwin, MO

#17 Feb 21, 2013
He put my dog to sleep cuz I couldn't pay the bill.he told me you can't pay ill put her to sleep and he did. :(
ladyeagle

United States

#19 Feb 21, 2013
I don't think has to do anything with a drug deal. I think they wanted to take him hostage so he can take of care of their wounded men. They tired taking other doctors and vets that way. They just need someone with medical knowledge and I guess he was da lucky one...
TRUTH

Eagle Pass, TX

#20 Feb 22, 2013
ladyeagle wrote:
I don't think has to do anything with a drug deal. I think they wanted to take him hostage so he can take of care of their wounded men. They tired taking other doctors and vets that way. They just need someone with medical knowledge and I guess he was da lucky one...
No They Have There Own Doctors !! Hospital Mexico Is Theres !!!!
lol

United States

#21 Feb 22, 2013
oh yeah, you can totally die from a wound on the hand, dumbasses
napa

United States

#22 Feb 22, 2013
it looks like he got........ Disarmed..... Lol
EP Historian

United States

#23 Feb 22, 2013
The main ones to blame were the GATES Special tactical forces of RUBEN MOREIDA again I' repeat if Chapa didn't made an attent to flee he would had more likely to died executed by the GATES Mafia, Zetas are history that Criminal Organization is history now the ones to be CAREFUL from are the GATES the main responsibles for wrongful EXECUTIONS to the Piedras Negras civilians and visiting Tourists like Mr. Chapa this has been happening since the Zetas sicario men had been wiped out from Pierdas Negras by GATES Special tactical Forces that continue the wrongful killings to the INOCENT people.
bba

New Haven, CT

#24 Feb 22, 2013
David wrote:
I told him I would pay in paynents and he said no.hmmm I wonder if they will do the same to him ?
how about you pay your bills then bad things wouldn't happen to you
Citizen

Crystal City, TX

#25 Feb 24, 2013
I truly hate the fact that this kind of people come fleeing from Mexico to U.S because they are so called running from the mafia!!!! 100% of the time they are drug dealing and when it's time to pay the piper shit comes to shove for them, what do they do RUN to the bridge salvaged by us customs!! Why the hell are the U.S.TAX payers going to pay there hospital bill? You think it's a fair deal? Or they come to our country seeking political asylum milking All the government help they can get!!! I see this all the time an I'm so tired of this!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eagle Pass Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
good for nothing people 1 hr jkl 5
la Alicia Galindo V. ya esta vieja para andar u... 1 hr jkl 22
danstiny bass 2 hr Reypirin09 14
te va llevar la ching@da 4 hr hm 2
Why are Mexicans So Greedy??? (Jun '10) 4 hr greedy culture 25
Girl On Fire 5 hr Itchy Pecker 3
en busca 6 hr panfilo 1
EPJ Teacher in financial ruins 6 hr Fred 11
Eagle Pass Dating
Find my Match