Fatal Shootout on Bibb and Guadalajar...
CORRECTINFO

Laredo, TX

#21 Sep 19, 2011
geee

Eagle Pass, TX

#22 Sep 19, 2011
As alwyas sa has better coverage news that ep, and non of that $hit "esta bajo investigavion!!!!"
Informer

Laredo, TX

#23 Sep 19, 2011
Both men are dead. Pray for the families. This is one tragic day.
NoMamezz

San Antonio, TX

#24 Sep 19, 2011
Alejandro Acevedo 29 was the BP...he just died. The other guy was Omar Olivares 26 he died at the scene...
midnight cowgirl

Houston, TX

#25 Sep 19, 2011
hellow the BP husband to woman Acevedo and cousin to his wife Olivares shot at each other both died at hospital
txgirl

Portland, TX

#26 Sep 19, 2011
EAGLE PASS — An off-duty U.S. Border Patrol agent and a second man died after a domestic dispute Monday afternoon in which dozens of shots were fired.

Alejandro Acevedo, 29, died late Monday of multiple bullet wounds after undergoing surgery at Fort Duncan Medical Center .

“The Border Patrol agent didn't make it. He went into cardiac arrest and expired,” said Eagle Pass Police Chief Antonio Castaneda late Monday.

Omar Olivares, 28, a cousin to Acevedo's wife, had died earlier, before receiving medical attention.

The chief said the shooting arose from friction having to do with Olivares staying with the couple.

“I guess he overstayed his welcome and they started shooting it out,” he said.

Police estimate at least three dozen bullets were fired in the conflict, which occurred at midafternoon at the Azteca Apartments on the city's north side.

“We found two of his children hidden in a closet. The older child and his wife were away,” said the chief.

When police responded to the apartment, the gunfight was still raging inside, and the door was locked. Eventually, a badly wounded Acevedo opened the apartment, allowing police to enter.

“Olivares was found still breathing, in an upstairs bathroom, but he arrived at the hospital dead,” said Castaneda.

Acevedo died several hours later. He had been stationed in Eagle Pass for several years, according to Castaneda.
lolol

San Antonio, TX

#27 Sep 19, 2011
awesome! a news article with proper spelling and grammar
tragic

Eagle Pass, TX

#28 Sep 19, 2011
how sad = (
sergio

Jacksonville, FL

#29 Sep 19, 2011
Is acevedo brother gabriels acevedo p no what happen don't get it somebody esplain plz
just saying

United States

#30 Sep 19, 2011
Word is that there were problems already since who knows when. It was bound to happen question was only when? The bp guy had already wanted his wifes cousin out but only they or rather said she is only the only one who knows why he was allowed to stay so long. My guess, all of this could have been prevented but like always, women tend to mess it up every now then. Lesson learned.....the hard way.
real

Houston, TX

#31 Sep 19, 2011
actually it was the border patrol agent that shot and killed his wifes lover...he also got shot as well 7 times and later died at the hospital...no officers were hurt
ASS CLOWN

Washington, DC

#32 Sep 19, 2011
real wrote:
actually it was the border patrol agent that shot and killed his wifes lover...he also got shot as well 7 times and later died at the hospital...no officers were hurt
you [email protected] moron THERE IS NO LOVER IN THIS WHOLE SITUATION...GET THAT!!!!!
Fthem

United States

#33 Sep 19, 2011
Informer wrote:
Both men are dead. Pray for the families. This is one tragic day.
F them for doing stupid shit in front of the kids & close to schools
caldo

San Antonio, TX

#34 Sep 20, 2011
strange situation we have going on here. first of all my condolences to the families involved in this, very unfortunate. personally, i am disgusted at the fact that this happened at an apartment complex. thank god no neighbors were hit by stray bullets. i have doubts that this could have been a "sancho" situation mainly because it was his cousin. who knows. very unfortunate that lives were lost, but above all no innocent lives were taken. god bless everyone.
alexjones

Eagle Pass, TX

#36 Sep 20, 2011
But why was the cousin staying there? Anybody else think there might be a conspiracy by the EP cops not to tell us everything? Anybody think they were involved in drugs?
Walter

Laredo, TX

#37 Sep 20, 2011
Let me take a wild stab

Bowlegged woman has kid from one guy then one from another guy that makes a baby-anchor with a border patrol. Once she marrys the Border Patrol she does whatever she wants like it or not. She might even do things to have the guy leave and then she will be able to do want ever she really wants and still have a good check in the mail.

BORDER PATROL WARNING!!!!!!!!!!

BEWARE OF EAGLE PASS WOMEN AND BABY-ANCHORS!!!!!

GET NUETERED OR BUY 10 YR SUPPLY OF CONDOMS!!!
yup

Corpus Christi, TX

#38 Sep 20, 2011
alexjones wrote:
But why was the cousin staying there? Anybody else think there might be a conspiracy by the EP cops not to tell us everything? Anybody think they were involved in drugs?
The cousin was living there because the BP's wife asked him to move down from El Paso. She wanted family around. The cousin was a stand up guy and worked at Lowes. No drugs were involved.
I was there

United States

#39 Sep 20, 2011
yup wrote:
<quoted text>
The cousin was living there because the BP's wife asked him to move down from El Paso. She wanted family around. The cousin was a stand up guy and worked at Lowes. No drugs were involved.
Why are the cops saying the shooting started @ 3:30 I was @ the ecc parking lot when it all started & the cops were there way before 3:30 & the shooting started way before 3:30 aswell i only heard about 14 shots & a lady scream eppd needs to get there story stright that or there covering something up
LA VERDAD

Del Rio, TX

#40 Sep 20, 2011
EAGLE PASS — An off-duty U.S. Border Patrol agent and a second man died after a domestic dispute Monday afternoon in which dozens of shots were fired.

Alejandro Acevedo, 29, died late Monday of multiple bullet wounds after undergoing surgery at Fort Duncan Medical Center .

“The Border Patrol agent didn't make it. He went into cardiac arrest and expired,” said Eagle Pass Police Chief Antonio Castaneda late Monday.

Omar Olivares, 28, a cousin to Acevedo's wife, had died earlier, before receiving medical attention.

The chief said the shooting arose from friction having to do with Olivares staying with the couple.

“I guess he overstayed his welcome and they started shooting it out,” he said.

Police estimate at least three dozen bullets were fired in the conflict, which occurred at midafternoon at the Azteca Apartments on the city's north side.

“We found two of his children hidden in a closet. The older child and his wife were away,” said the chief.

When police responded to the apartment, the gunfight was still raging inside, and the door was locked. Eventually, a badly wounded Acevedo opened the apartment, allowing police to enter.

“Olivares was found still breathing, in an upstairs bathroom, but he arrived at the hospital dead,” said Castaneda.

Acevedo died several hours later. He had been stationed in Eagle Pass for several years, according to Castaneda.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/a...
EL TEACHER

Dallas, TX

#41 Sep 20, 2011
I was there wrote:
<quoted text>Why are the cops saying the shooting started @ 3:30 I was @ the ecc parking lot when it all started & the cops were there way before 3:30 & the shooting started way before 3:30 aswell i only heard about 14 shots & a lady scream eppd needs to get there story stright that or there covering something up
IF U DID NOT GET SHOT THEN U WERE NOT FKN THERE!! COMADRE NO MAMES!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eagle Pass Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rolando Ramos 31 min Esmer 1
So now everyone is on Dark Side Racing lmao 3 hr Junior 10
Vote in Favor of 8.5 million bond. 4 hr Roadrunner 7
Sheriff Schmerber is a LIAR - Vote AGAINST $8.5... 4 hr Roadrunner 13
Maverick County Early Voting Starts Monday 5 hr maverick 2
How Embarrassing to be a Male Nurse (Apr '11) 5 hr Wrinkled at 25 134
City, County & School Elections 5 hr Think About It 9

Eagle Pass Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance