EPISD Chief of Police
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
solo

Apo, AE

#1 Feb 3, 2013
I am currently serving in Afghanistan and my cousin wrote me that they are considering re-hiring Johnny Ruiz as Chief of Police for EPISD. Please tell me it aint so. There are so many other qualified persons out there. Let's give someone a chance to see what they are made of. If he failed at DPS and Failed at EPISD why would you want him back. Nothing against the man, but this does not make sense. If he is re-hired, maybe we need new trustees and I use that word very freely. Hope they listen to an outsider looking in.
Ruiz

United States

#2 Feb 3, 2013
solo wrote:
I am currently serving in Afghanistan and my cousin wrote me that they are considering re-hiring Johnny Ruiz as Chief of Police for EPISD. Please tell me it aint so. There are so many other qualified persons out there. Let's give someone a chance to see what they are made of. If he failed at DPS and Failed at EPISD why would you want him back. Nothing against the man, but this does not make sense. If he is re-hired, maybe we need new trustees and I use that word very freely. Hope they listen to an outsider looking in.
politics got in the way nd these people hurt him. Check his history nd he is true to his career just like u serving in the military. U immediately judge how sad.
Random

Cedar Park, TX

#3 Feb 3, 2013
I think what got in the way was the fact that Ruiz was STEALING merchandise from Wal-Mart when he should've been at work.... I don't think it had anything to do with politics... if that were the case then corruption in EP politics would hire him back into that position...
jose

Eagle Pass, TX

#4 Feb 3, 2013
Ruiz wrote:
<quoted text> politics got in the way nd these people hurt him. Check his history nd he is true to his career just like u serving in the military. U immediately judge how sad.
So stealing is okay?
not true

Crystal City, TX

#5 Feb 3, 2013
This is not true. he will not be getting hired.
Ruiz

United States

#6 Feb 3, 2013
Thats the problem he is not in politics nd not about to kiss anybodys behind. He was never found guilty bring on FBI rangers etc nd they will probably laugh at this they want crimes that have evidence not he said she said
joke

Eagle Pass, TX

#7 Feb 3, 2013
My understanding is that the Ruizes are very involved in local politics and they they are known for their vote haulings abilities. And the reason the thief of police got a slap on the wrist in his theft case is because he is buddies with both the judge and prosector. Talk about a rigged process.
joke

Eagle Pass, TX

#8 Feb 3, 2013
Like why doesn't EPISD fire Coach Ricky Ruiz even after multiple domestic violence arrests (he even tried running over his ex wife with his car)? Because of politics thats why!
solo

Apo, AE

#9 Feb 3, 2013
to joke and ruiz....You cant compare my military record to his. Its like comparing apples and oranges. Let the situation speak for itself. Why did he get into that predicament to began with??. I dont think its the amount that the stupid items cost, it has to do with mental issues. What does ricky ruiz have to do with all this? Maybe he is protected by the TEA or unions. Does this stupid thin hav spel chek?
yea

Houston, TX

#10 Feb 3, 2013
Postion should be given to regalado he has experience and knows how to work with children needs his also involved in several colonias programs and lastest victory as constable
Rangers

San Antonio, TX

#11 Feb 3, 2013
Ruiz wrote:
Thats the problem he is not in politics nd not about to kiss anybodys behind. He was never found guilty bring on FBI rangers etc nd they will probably laugh at this they want crimes that have evidence not he said she said
Trust me Ruiz if the Texas Rangers would have filed the charges they wouldn't have filed shoplifting charges, The Rangers would have filed a felony so Johnny would have lost his peace officer's license.
Citizen

United States

#12 Feb 5, 2013
Ruiz wrote:
you're obviously not well informed....but Thief Ruiz threaten to file suit against wal mart and after they showed his attorney the six months worth of video they backed off....he had been steeling from wal mart all this time....sad but true....I got to work under his administration and HE IS A LIAR, A THIEF, AND NOT WORTH OF RESPECT!!!! HE HID HIMSELF VERY..VERY..WELL BEHIND THE BADGE UNTIL HE RAN OUT IF TIME....VERY VERY VERY GLAD HE GOT CAUGHT!!!
El Gato

Ballwin, MO

#13 Feb 5, 2013
Just so you all know, he also stole from DPS. And it was something not worth stealing for.
no sense

Dallas, TX

#14 Feb 5, 2013
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text> you're obviously not well informed....but Thief Ruiz threaten to file suit against wal mart and after they showed his attorney the six months worth of video they backed off....he had been steeling from wal mart all this time....sad but true....I got to work under his administration and HE IS A LIAR, A THIEF, AND NOT WORTH OF RESPECT!!!! HE HID HIMSELF VERY..VERY..WELL BEHIND THE BADGE UNTIL HE RAN OUT IF TIME....VERY VERY VERY GLAD HE GOT CAUGHT!!!
six months nd they didnt file and then allege a 20. 00 dollsr incident which he was never convicted. I just think you hate the guy. While the commissioners lavish themselfs with taxpayers money your worried about this guy who went to court and charge dismissed you really hate this guy. If it really matters to you go visit the guy and discuss the matter.
no sense

Dallas, TX

#15 Feb 5, 2013
El Gato wrote:
Just so you all know, he also stole from DPS. And it was something not worth stealing for.
if this is true why would his license be active and become chief of police, DPS would have ended his career right tbere no questions asked. Just another hater.
Student

Uvalde, TX

#16 Feb 5, 2013
no sense wrote:
<quoted text>six months nd they didnt file and then allege a 20. 00 dollsr incident which he was never convicted. I just think you hate the guy. While the commissioners lavish themselfs with taxpayers money your worried about this guy who went to court and charge dismissed you really hate this guy. If it really matters to you go visit the guy and discuss the matter.
It doesnt matter how much he took. THE FACT is HE TOOK something without paying. HE IS TO ENFORCE THE LAW and NOT BREAK IT. I dont understand why with all the evidence they had they didnt prosecute. I dont hate him I just feel that if it were me that stole an energy drink I would of been Charged and in my record! To me it doesnt matter the quantity he took its the ACT of COMMITING a CRIME and being a PEACE OFFICER. ITS double the CHARGE!
solo

Apo, AE

#17 Feb 5, 2013
sorry to say that he was probably given the option to resign versus getting terminated and license revoked. I am not sure but since I am a betting man that is why he still has his peace officers license. Same goes for this incident since it is a misdemeanor that is not enough to revoke his license. Sad to say that this is a close as it gets to a moral turpitude offense. When you fail at public trust twice why even go there. You know his ill behavior is going to continue. I think he needs to seek professional assistance.I don't think he should even be considered for the position again. Shame on the school Board member is they hire him again. Then it's time to vote out all of the members that vote in his favor. that's my two cents worth.
opinions vary

Eagle Pass, TX

#18 Feb 5, 2013
solo wrote:
sorry to say that he was probably given the option to resign versus getting terminated and license revoked. I am not sure but since I am a betting man that is why he still has his peace officers license. Same goes for this incident since it is a misdemeanor that is not enough to revoke his license. Sad to say that this is a close as it gets to a moral turpitude offense. When you fail at public trust twice why even go there. You know his ill behavior is going to continue. I think he needs to seek professional assistance.I don't think he should even be considered for the position again. Shame on the school Board member is they hire him again. Then it's time to vote out all of the members that vote in his favor. that's my two cents worth.
solo hmmm could be wrong
hey

Eagle Pass, TX

#19 Feb 5, 2013
no sense wrote:
<quoted text>six months nd they didnt file and then allege a 20. 00 dollsr incident which he was never convicted. I just think you hate the guy. While the commissioners lavish themselfs with taxpayers money your worried about this guy who went to court and charge dismissed you really hate this guy. If it really matters to you go visit the guy and discuss the matter.
Johnny knew both the prosecutor and judge in that case. It was rigged process to begin with.
Ruiz

Dallas, TX

#20 Feb 5, 2013
hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Johnny knew both the prosecutor and judge in that case. It was rigged process to begin with.
discuss matter with him

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eagle Pass Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cudado con la gold diger de alejandra perez 12 min daniel 5
Jimmy Benavides 19 min Montemayor 10
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 27 min Fartman 904
1st same gender marriage in Maverick County today 1 hr Pendehos 30
4th of July Song Dedication 1 hr maria de los s... 3
Wuele a caca 2 hr chacon 7
y los mecos que! 2 hr maria de los s... 3
More from around the web

Eagle Pass People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Eagle Pass Mortgages