Teen Sentenced To Two Years In Prison...

Teen Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Role In FriendA's Murder

There are 11 comments on the WHOtv story from Sep 21, 2010, titled Teen Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Role In FriendA's Murder. In it, WHOtv reports that:

A man found guilty of being an accessory in the murder of a disabled northern Iowa teen he called a friend has been sentenced to two years in prison.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHOtv.

Dude

Urbandale, IA

#1 Sep 21, 2010
I think he may learn what it's like to have people just stand and watch when you're being attacked
Yessir

San Francisco, CA

#2 Sep 21, 2010
Nice friend. Maybe he can make some new ones with his bunkies in prison.
bocefus

San Francisco, CA

#3 Sep 21, 2010
Another K2 addict behind bars.
Outsider

Radcliffe, IA

#4 Sep 21, 2010
Dont bend over to pick up the soap Tony!!!
bocefus

San Francisco, CA

#5 Sep 21, 2010
This will teach you to sit idly by while a no armed boy is violently hatcheted to death. He couldn't even shield his face from the blows because he had no arms. You could've used your arms to help.
Wonderin

San Francisco, CA

#7 Sep 21, 2010
Scumbag
4realmom

United States

#9 Sep 21, 2010
What a joke! Two freakin years?? How does that even compare to the life of a great kid who suffered his whole life with his disability? An eye for an eye....that's what the punishment should be, whether he swung the hatchet or watched his deranged friend do it. What a coward..
4realmom

United States

#10 Sep 21, 2010
What the hell? Are you serious? Who cares if he was gay? He witnessed a murder and did nothing to stop it!!!
COW PIE or cow dung wrote:
I am also thinking this young man might have been Gay, even though they have not menioned that.
It is hard enough on the parents knowing their son now has to go to Prison, for Murder, let alone them finding out he was also Gay.
4realmom

United States

#11 Sep 21, 2010
Devin had arms, he just had limited use of them..But I agree with the rest most definately..
bocefus wrote:
This will teach you to sit idly by while a no armed boy is violently hatcheted to death. He couldn't even shield his face from the blows because he had no arms. You could've used your arms to help.
jkw

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Sep 22, 2010
The details of Devin's murder makes me feel so sick it is unreal. To know Devin spent his final moments terrified and in pain is so sad. I feel for his family and friends. To live the rest of their lives with this knowledge is unbearable. And then the justice system. Two years for standing by and watching something so horrifying. How can anyone, much less a "friend" stand there and do nothing. We continue to pray for Devin's family and we are so sorry there are such sick, cruel people walking among us. Try to get some comfort in knowing that justice will come in the end for all involved in this grotesque crime.
ashg

United States

#14 Sep 29, 2010
yes you all go ahead and act like you would've done something to stop it when you don't really know what you would do until you're put into that kind of situation. it would be a very traumatic thing to see one friend walk up and do those terrible things to your other friend. would it have been better if it had been 2 bodies instead of one? no because then anthony wouldn't have been able to tell the police who did it and have him brought to justice. sadly it wasn't soon enough to save devin but atleast luke won't be able to get away with commiting this horrible and ungodly evil crime

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eagle Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Celebrating a - super' man (Jul '14) Jul '14 Little Superman 1
News Clarion-Goldfield, Dows merger approved (Nov '13) Mar '14 Erica Boeset 2
Any one know Mcmillan's (Feb '14) Feb '14 foxy 1
the best website in the world! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Shirley Leckman 1
News Brady Willard (Dec '12) Dec '12 steve walters 1
News Questions price of gasoline (Jun '11) Jun '11 Rose 1
News 'Oskaloosa Moon' by Gary Sutton (Mar '11) Mar '11 TheTravelWriter 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eagle Grove Mortgages