Scouts praised for tornado response

Full story: Baltimore Sun

BLENCOE, Iowa - Boy Scouts who came to one another's aid after a tornado that killed four of their comrades and injured 48 people were hailed as heroes yesterday for helping to administer first aid and search ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
chaplain-d

Tuscaloosa, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

I would like to commend the leaders and scouts themselves for taking care of each other under such extreme situations. From the comments made to the press, each scout interviewed seemed to say it was just no big deal to them although it was a deadly event. It was what they were taught to do. Who says 13 through 18 year olds are not capable of making decisions when given the right training and ideals for living with each other.
I would like to extend my condolences to the family and friends of the four young scouts who were killed during the tornado.
Balto Dad

Catonsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

This is why I consistently say that we ought to raise, and raise, and raise expectations of our young people. Look what they're capable of! Those boys threw themselves on top of younger scouts, tended to the injured, etc. They exemplified bravery and service.

We can, and should, teach EVERY child to be like that. It starts at home. Parents, you can do it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Eagle Grove Discussions

Search the Eagle Grove Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Celebrating a - super' man 10 hr Little Superman 1
IA Iowa House primary ground zero for gay marriage... (Jun '10) Jun '14 slayer rules 411
IA Who do you support for Treasurer in Iowa in 2010? (Oct '10) Mar '14 daxton 9
IA IA Natural Resources and Outdoor Recreation Tru... (Oct '10) Mar '14 aez 17
Clarion-Goldfield, Dows merger approved (Nov '13) Mar '14 Erica Boeset 2
Any one know Mcmillan's Feb '14 foxy 1
IA Who do you support for Governor in Iowa in 2010? (Oct '10) Dec '13 fitness-guru 62
•••
•••
•••
•••

Eagle Grove Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Eagle Grove People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••