Review: Lakota Thrifty Mart

Review: Lakota Thrifty Mart

Posted in the Eagle Butte Forum

melanie traversie

Kotzebue, AK

#1 Nov 11, 2009
I find this a very friendly store to shop.
EX-LTM EMPLOYEE

Pierre, SD

#2 Nov 12, 2009
I had thee most fun when i worked there. but there are some shady people that are there. Kinda just ruined it for the rest. I would work there again, if offered a position. Oh hell, maybe I can be the boss! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! !
Resident Of Eagle Butte

Eagle Butte, SD

#3 Jun 15, 2010
The store is nice enough, the young staff have a hard time remembering they are there for the customers but they definitely seem to enjoy their jobs.

My one complaint about the store is that it is one of the first things you see when you enter EB and it is a mess on the outside. They let the trash pile up and the homeless hang out at the dumpster area. It is not sanitary nor safe. The trash needs to be better contained in a way that keeps people and dogs out.

I believe that the LTM is responsible for most of the trash that blows around EB.
sik2mystomach

United States

#4 Nov 27, 2010
Lmfao. Most of tha trash that blows around EB. Yeah rite! Blow on this -------D. Bahahaha
notha resident of EB

United States

#5 Nov 27, 2010
I don't know if you noticed...but the trash cans are gated off with padlocks! Hahaha sum1 don't know what they talking about! Lol and the street people you see...they are told repeatedly to leave and often have the cops called on them! And trash blowing around????seriously???? I shop there everyday and never see trash laying/blowing around! I think someone is jealous!! Lol trying to bash LTM...ha your a joke! Go shop somewhere u have to carryout your own groceries and put your money in the white mans pocket!! At least here this is a tribally owned and operated store and our money is going back to the Tribe!! Another example of someone trying to bring down the moral of our town! That is just pure ignorance!!
Cleaning technition

United States

#6 Jan 7, 2011
The street people either climb over the fence or somehow squeeze through the sides to the dumpster. They dig through the trash for meat scraps or something eatable. Sometimes we catch them. but they know when the right time to get in there. I feel sorry for them but I end up having to clean up that mess they leave behind. Magget city. No fun.
cedar

Eagle Butte, SD

#7 Jan 10, 2011
According to the manager of the store they have not had a coffee whole bean shipment in months...meaning what little whole bean coffee is left is stale and not fit for consumption... what else is not not fit for consumption? The "fresh" produce would be considered rejects in other non Reservation cities... please work on quality!!!!

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#8 Feb 15, 2011
so why not try to help these poor people? get a homeless shelter up and a community garden! wont that help?

“World freedom ,No boarders”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#9 Feb 28, 2011
Arkansas Sucks Big wrote:
so why not try to help these poor people? get a homeless shelter up and a community garden! wont that help?
Because it is just another government that only wants to take and not give back to its people! NO GOVERNMENT CARES FOR ITS PEOPLE
Loyal Customer

Eagle Butte, SD

#10 Mar 8, 2011
cedar wrote:
According to the manager of the store they have not had a coffee whole bean shipment in months...meaning what little whole bean coffee is left is stale and not fit for consumption... what else is not not fit for consumption? The "fresh" produce would be considered rejects in other non Reservation cities... please work on quality!!!!
Reply: I have to disagree with your produce comment. I worked there for a few months and we actually had quite a few Rapid City residents come through and have nothing but praise for the produce department. They would actually stock up on fruits & vegetables before leaving Eagle Butte. And, as for myself, I find it very nice with a great range of variety considering the size of the store. I have gone to bigger grocery stores and found them lacking. The employees that work in the produce department have always been very willing to order in something I have requested and I always appreciate that.:)
C-EB Resident

Eagle Butte, SD

#11 Apr 4, 2011
As a tribal member I have nothing but love for our store, young workers too. I heard the tribe purchased the store in Dupree. I hope they are thinking things through as we have not had very much success when we try to branch out. LTM should put the profits back into the business, the ceiling needs to be repaired and a back-up generator is also necessary. I have lived all over the country and would prefer the meat and produce sold at LTM to all others.
Eagle Butte resident

Eagle Butte, SD

#12 Jun 28, 2011
I hated working there the management is terrible also insanely horrendous pay. The food court has roaches.. Yuck
Loca Lakota

Eagle Butte, SD

#13 Jul 9, 2011
The store sucks. We cannot even walk through the aisles because there is merchandise still unpacked and if it's difficult for me then the elderly must really have a hard time. Hello stocking is done after hours. The prices are very high. The produce is moldy and old most of the time and the meat selection is pathetic when we're in the middle of Ranching land. Obviously it's just another CRST run entity. Pray for some real leadership and change bc this is not how we should be living. We could have a great, organic market if someone knew what they were doing. Geez.
The staff is always friendly though lol.
anotha customer

Kotzebue, AK

#14 Sep 27, 2011
the store is good for the most part. one of the clerks used to work there, her name rhymes with belamie she is a drug dealer. some days if u went to buy milk u could smell the joint they just smoked in the back, and the cigarettes too, that smell would come towards the front. hello!! the clerk belamie provided i am sure,
yeppers

Kotzebue, AK

#15 Oct 25, 2011
melanie traversie wrote:
I find this a very friendly store to shop.
she would she is stoned all the time! walking around higher than a kite and oblivious to everything around her.
BJG

United States

#16 Nov 12, 2011
I found the store to be quite clean with an abundant variety of produce which is very fresh. The quality here is equal to the best grocery stores in Rapid City. The store clerks were helpful, intellegent, and friendly.
It appears that many of the negative comments here are providing false and unhumorous details. I would ignore these kind of comments. Constructive community building through pride, positive support, and good humor is happening presently and will continue.
the_other_kid

Phoenix, AZ

#17 Nov 14, 2011
Works great when you put up a front and have a sh!t eating grin on. Other than that the stores not too shabby.
CEB-NO HEART

Mitchell, SD

#18 Feb 7, 2012
AHH WHAT EVER, STATEMENT OVER THAT LTM IS OWNNED BY THE TRIBE, DO ALITTLE RESEARCH ITS OWNED BY THE FED-REAL G0V. The money from j-tack should go and buy a grocery store so we could go torwards Independence and "Actually" be owned by the tribe. plus LTM is monopllize, so everything you do buy from this store is high prized compared to others. the owner should put money back into the store with the ugly ceiling, the new deli (chinese food) its all microwaved premade not from scrach. but damn i have no choice to buy from here lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eagle Butte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in South Dako... (Oct '10) Jul '16 america first 13
Harvest acres wanted Jul '16 Hotshot26 1
News Eagle Butte denies assaulting officer (May '07) May '15 silver fox 42
Fay Fielder passed away 8/21/08 (Aug '08) May '15 Fielder 5
Ben Brown Wolf (Feb '08) May '15 friend 9
Don't Be Played By The Whites! (May '12) May '15 Russell means AIM 9
Prairie dogs (Apr '15) Apr '15 Devin M 1

Eagle Butte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eagle Butte Mortgages