International Sundance
Lakota Sioux

Whitehorse, SD

#1 Aug 7, 2010
Well i've been down to the international sundance this past weekend, it was pretty good it was just that nothing seemed to be the same no more. Sometimes i wish that my grandma jospehine was around, they did alot of stuff wrong at the sundance to start it off they had no firewood, and on tree day there wasn't much men to help carry in the tree. I know that i sound like i'm bitching but it's gotta get out. And another thing was that there was this guy named James Starkey, they were having a meeting before the sundance and he had the nerve to pull out a joint and he lit it up. So u know that the whole community would be down there and they all were, my unci had started crying once he had told them that he wanted to put marijuana on his alter and he had said that, that was his medicine. But i knew that wasn't right at all the whole point of going to a sundance is to pray and ask for a vision, but he must of not have been in the right mind. The elders made him leave though. The sundance will be over on August 8, 2010 my how does time go by so fast lol.
If ya have comments u can email me directly
[email protected]
ttyl peace and love kk
Prayers

Sioux Falls, SD

#2 Aug 17, 2010
I attended the International Sundance. I was not there and did not see what transpired prior to my arrival Saturday afternoon but I know the dancers participating on Saturday and Sunday were very humble and provided support to each other,as they always do. I believe strongly in prayer and although I heard about the incidents I also know as humans we can make poor decisions so I would encourage others to be forgiving and pray that next year will be better. Take care, my prayers to all of you.
James Starkey

Eagle Butte, SD

#3 Oct 15, 2010
Nobody made me leave. Like I told em then and there, I would leave when I was finished. Nobody could lay a finger on me. I dont use Peji in my Canunpa, but I did want to blaze a doob at the fire, in the Mornings, before the Inipi, during the 4 days of Sundance.
Anyway, we got our own going now. We are here for the Lakota Youth, especially the Young Men, who do use various chemicals. Me, I dont drink, smoke cigs or do drugs, just an occasional doob now and again. Hecetuwelo.
Lakota Sioux wrote:
Well i've been down to the international sundance this past weekend, it was pretty good it was just that nothing seemed to be the same no more. Sometimes i wish that my grandma jospehine was around, they did alot of stuff wrong at the sundance to start it off they had no firewood, and on tree day there wasn't much men to help carry in the tree. I know that i sound like i'm bitching but it's gotta get out. And another thing was that there was this guy named James Starkey, they were having a meeting before the sundance and he had the nerve to pull out a joint and he lit it up. So u know that the whole community would be down there and they all were, my unci had started crying once he had told them that he wanted to put marijuana on his alter and he had said that, that was his medicine. But i knew that wasn't right at all the whole point of going to a sundance is to pray and ask for a vision, but he must of not have been in the right mind. The elders made him leave though. The sundance will be over on August 8, 2010 my how does time go by so fast lol.
If ya have comments u can email me directly
[email protected]
ttyl peace and love kk
aimster gangster lakota

Watertown, SD

#4 Nov 5, 2012
starky u r a very disrespectful person tu think u can light up drugs around the pipe!thought mayb all those years in the booty house taught u sumthing!cant wait tu c u-a real lakota needs tu sit u down n teach u sum things about r ways!so fool u went the wrong direction!
James Starkey

Lame Deer, MT

#5 Jan 14, 2014
okay, lets hook up. Who are you, where are you.
aimster gangster lakota wrote:
starky u r a very disrespectful person tu think u can light up drugs around the pipe!thought mayb all those years in the booty house taught u sumthing!cant wait tu c u-a real lakota needs tu sit u down n teach u sum things about r ways!so fool u went the wrong direction!
aimster is back

Tampa, FL

#6 Jan 21, 2014
James Starkey wrote:
okay, lets hook up. Who are you, where are you.
<quoted text>
so now you talk when you leave our lakota lands siit i know you skinny your time will come wen the time is right lol us real lakotas will snenk up on you some day lol your like your brother the snake!stay away from cheyenne river we dont want you,your an outkast to our people,
aimster is back

Tampa, FL

#7 Jan 21, 2014
I forgot my Kola told me you like to bad touch and kiss little boys,watch out Montana lol a very sick man is going your way!don't let him fool you!keep a good eye on him!
aimster is back

Tampa, FL

#8 Feb 6, 2014
So no reply Starkey? Where are you?we don't think you can comment on the truth,next time you come back around our people,be more respectful to our elders and the pipe!your just a wanna be lakota!!a real strong lakota don't smoke "doobs"at a sacred ceremony!f,,,k your a idiot!!that's bad luck on you!!!lol,like I said b4 go back to the booty house so mayb Bubba can keep you happy!
aimster

Tampa, FL

#9 May 14, 2014
Starkey where are you?I heard you were huffing paint again lol like the old days when you were a punk back in rapid...what's child molesters doing around the pipe anyways lol 1 more time stay away from Cheyenne river you dog....I heard what you did to that poor little girl you animal......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eagle Butte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Eagle Butte denies assaulting officer (May '07) May '15 silver fox 42
Fay Fielder passed away 8/21/08 (Aug '08) May '15 Fielder 5
Ben Brown Wolf (Feb '08) May '15 friend 9
Don't Be Played By The Whites! (May '12) May '15 Russell means AIM 9
Prairie dogs Apr '15 Devin M 1
SpottedBear (Sep '08) Jan '15 AlbertLiesForAtte... 3
Review: Lindskov Motors (Oct '14) Oct '14 Otis P 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eagle Butte Mortgages