concerned mother

Saint Francis, SD

#1 Sep 9, 2009
I recently had my son injured in what I think is a hate crime,he is gay which should not matter he is human like all of us.But he was beaten severely and had to pay for some little ignorant bastards feelings about gay people.He was hurt pretty badly and now has to live with that injury for the rest of his life.What gave him the right to decide that my son had to take a beating because he was gay? should someone beat him because he is judgmental and ignorant? Or because he is not half the man my son is and he will never be as smart as my son. This happened in the Eagle butte area, he is running now and wants forgiveness for this hate crime but i think he should pay the consequences like all other people regardless if he is relative or not. what kind of relatives would do this to each other?
Darla

AOL

#2 Sep 30, 2009
concerned mother wrote:
I recently had my son injured in what I think is a hate crime,he is gay which should not matter he is human like all of us.But he was beaten severely and had to pay for some little ignorant bastards feelings about gay people.He was hurt pretty badly and now has to live with that injury for the rest of his life.What gave him the right to decide that my son had to take a beating because he was gay? should someone beat him because he is judgmental and ignorant? Or because he is not half the man my son is and he will never be as smart as my son. This happened in the Eagle butte area, he is running now and wants forgiveness for this hate crime but i think he should pay the consequences like all other people regardless if he is relative or not. what kind of relatives would do this to each other?
You should be proud that you have taught your son right. He has the honesty to be who he truly is. Some people only have hate in their hearts, and for them I feel much pity. You're right, it doesn't matter if it's a relative or not. He had no right to touch your son and harm him; and surely not to mar him for life. He should pay; and I don't mean just behind bars. I think much punitive damage should be paid by him to your son; afterall he has altered him in some way for life; not even including emotional scars that may never heal. All your son did was to be himself..and how can that ever be wrong?
Darla

AOL

#3 Sep 30, 2009
And for the gay bashing hater that hurt the gay young man; yes he can receive forgiveness as we all can; but yes...he has to pay for his sins as well. No mortal man has the right to judge. No man has the right to lay their hands on one another in anger.~Darlasuperfan@aol.com
Simply Human

United States

#4 Nov 24, 2009
Hey, how come there is no coverage of the extreme hate crime that is happening right now? Dales Service? The first time the protesters gathered at the end of main street, I was taking pictures. I asked a young guy "how come West River Eagle isn't here?" He shrugged his shoulders and didn't know. Well, I would like to know. Whay isn't there coverage on the incidents that happened to Mr. Dupris, Mrs. Long?? The only thing I have seen the WRE is a advertisement about the vandalism happening at this racists establishment. Yeah, right! It slightly overlooked by both Tribal and City officers the day the elderly man was beaten, then not reported. But a form of slight vandalism happens at the Sinclair and it is printed. Two sides of the story man, two sides.
UKNoWN

Ridgeview, SD

#5 Nov 30, 2009
why does he hate so much???
i mean,
why is dales service so racisium??????????
indian dude

Lake City, FL

#6 Dec 1, 2009
hello, i'm very sorry to hear of this particular incident, happening in my home town.. but to answer simply human. its true. why doesnt the west river eagle cover both sides of the issue RE(the dales sinclair, hate crime). and why doesn't our tribal government respond appropriately to this crime. i'm told the boycott isn't working. so this also means, we as a tribe accept this treatment, from the last few members, of the self-proclaimed master race in eagle butte.we as a tribe also accept this treatment, from our local media.(wre) the truth be known, that their existance, depends very much on the yearly donation/bill for there coveraGE, AS OUR OFFICIAL TIBAL NEWSPAPER. you would be supprised how much money our tribe pays this biased newspaper. incidently, how come the editor isn't a tribal member. arn;t we as a people good enough for them? or smart enough? from thier prospective i don't think they even care. as long as our tribal government continues to shell out thousands of dollars in official newspaper expenses, advertisements, and etc. that yearly 200 plus thousand dollars could atleast buy us some unbiased news. don't you think? if our tribe is serious about a boycott. the press has to involed. but this will never happen. this also will never happen, because we continue to elect grinning uncle tomahawks to represent us, in tribal council. where is the press coverage on what happened to this young man? if it was a white boy who got beaten, i'm sure we would still be hearing of it. not to mention the editors dim point of racially biased blabbering.
Simply Human

United States

#7 Dec 3, 2009
That guy is going to court real soon. He plead "Not guilty" and is out conducting business. And yeah, the public are still going to his establishment to fuel up, get snacks, vacuum out their cars and such. Crazy ugly, man. The way our people forget about each other. Sad really, instead of remembering who we are, we act out against each other. Never remembering that our way of life was never this way. Preservation of life and culture, but you can't force that on individuals that do not understand, or lack the knowledge to comprehend, such as Mr. Lesmiester. I am not speaking on his behalf, just making a point that...he aint' got what it takes to measure up to being...a human. pityful, just down right pityfull
Sunset

Riverton, WY

#8 Feb 2, 2010
No one has the RIGHT to lay their hands on anyone just because of who they are. This ladys son sounds like a beautiful intelligent person and she sounds like she is a good mother that raised a good son. I hope that he is is healing well from his injuries and that the person that did this goes to jail for this hate crime.
Thats Me

Saint Francis, SD

#9 Mar 1, 2010
Hello just thought that i would write i've seen some of the nice things that many people have been writing about me and i just wanted to say thank you and i'm glad to say im doing much better just gotta get my plate!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eagle Butte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SpottedBear (Sep '08) Jan '15 AlbertLiesForAtte... 3
Review: Lindskov Motors Oct '14 Otis P 1
International Sundance (Aug '10) May '14 aimster 9
Ben Brown Wolf (Feb '08) May '14 Cynthia Cahouet F... 8
Don't Be Played By The Whites! (May '12) Apr '14 aimster 7
Wheres My Dad? (Dec '11) Mar '14 bibby libby 2
News Man to stand trial for shootout, Pierre standoff (Jan '14) Jan '14 native american 1
Eagle Butte Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Eagle Butte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]