Neighborhood Alert - Door-to-Door Sca...

Neighborhood Alert - Door-to-Door Scammer!

Posted in the Eagan Forum

Neighborhood Watch

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jun 26, 2013
Mark C. Bell is accused of going door to door in Richfield with false stories about a broken-down or impounded car, and making pleas for emergency assistance in the $45 range. The elements of his story are similar: car trouble, a need for cash, promised payback. He may tell victims he works as a janitor at a nearby church, or involved in Teen Challenge. He may use the name of a neighbor to seem plausible.

Authorities describe the 50-year-old as well-dressed, well-spoken, and a scam artist. Police have issued a crime alert about Bell and his alleged activities.

Police say Bell has a lengthy criminal history dating back to 1983 that includes drug charges, burglary, forgery, robbery, fleeing police, weapons violations, and theft.

Should you see or come in contact with Mr. Bell please call 911 immediately.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eagan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News For sale: Robert Street burger place, loaded wi... (Mar '11) 18 hr otannenbaumtree 115
News Residents of Inver Grove Heights mobile home pa... (Mar '08) Dec 9 I see dumb ppl 64
Net Neutrality Petition please sign Dec 6 three blocks 1
What is most stressful about the Holidays? Nov 25 Sharika K 1
Add A Word...Drop A Word (Jul '16) Nov '17 Chanta53 5
News Transgender candidate announces U.S. Senate cam... Nov '17 Cordwainer Trout 2
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Apple Valley (May '17) Oct '17 jabatrom 10

Eagan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eagan Mortgages