Family frustrated by lack of charges in Dyersville slaying

Dec 31, 2008 Full story: The Gazette 96

One month later, no charges have been filed against Christopher Leppert, who told authorities he shot 24-year-old David Herman in self-defense Nov.

Read more
concerned friend

Milton, FL

#23 Apr 22, 2009
How do you know so much? you must have been right there and seen everything, oh wait u heard this and heard that, this is what makes u an expert. what makes herman the victim? because he's dead.
it sounds to me like leppert was the victim of hermans rage, I own rental property in iowa, i know first hand u canno't evict someone in 26 days, more like 90 days, there are legal steps u have to take before u can get a judge to order one, and not only do you NOT GET THE BACK RENT from these loosers but it also costs for a lawyer and filling fees, that you don't get back.
so don't make it sound like oops i forgot to pay the rent, even if he was late he should have contacted the landlord and made arangements, and if he had any credability the landlord would have worked with him, thats what a responsible person would have done.leppert had a permit to carry, in dubuque co that is not an easy thing to get, need a good reason to get one, you know because of assholes like herman, attacking you for doing your job. if the fight was over, and leppert pushed hermans girlfriend then why didnt he call the cops? my guess would be,(he had no business there, if he was evicted then he has x amount of time to get out and then the locks will be changed.and yet another expence with no way to recover) so he would have been charged with tresspassing. im so sick and tired of people not taking responsibility for their actions.( oh its not my fault i had a bad day, didnt pay the rent, attacked a guy doing his job.)it sounds like leppert was a person with charcter, after he defended himself against herman he gave him cpr. if it were me i don't think i would have. and if leppert is at fault this too will be discovered, the last article i read said the shooting turns to distance. i would never defend a killer opposed to the victim, the problem here is i think leppert is the victim, not herman
concered friend

Guttenberg, IA

#24 Apr 25, 2009
yep,pretty much there.and for your info the lady had to beg him for help for cpr or to go get help and he refused.she;s the one who was mouth to mouth with him, not the shooter.the murderer knew what he was doing going to the car to get his gun.and the cops were called she was on the phone when the fight was going on and when the shooting happened. and leppert started the fight he got aggressive and hit first so dave was protecting himself and his woman,like u wouldn't do the same for your girl?I know u would unless you r a coward.Leppert knew what he was doing.There were alot of witnesses lots of traffic in that area and a cop lives right across the street from where it happened,that's screwed up.So like I've said before go f*ck your mother.PREY on the INNOCENT VICTIM.Do u know Leppert personally or r u ashamed to admit it I would be.He's the world's biggest p*ssy.
FU u hater

Guttenberg, IA

#25 Apr 26, 2009
david we love u and miss u
concerned friend

Milton, FL

#26 Apr 27, 2009
I wonder what the toxicollogy report will show on herman? probably crack, i here that is the drug of choice for welfare recieveing-dope smokin-non rent payin-sperm donating,so i can get more welfare-looser like herman
FU u hater

Guttenberg, IA

#27 Apr 27, 2009
sperm donating?he had one biological child u sick F#ck.he worked hard for a living,harder than you've ever worked a day in your life,c*cklick!what's your drug of choice?Meth,heroin,he didn't do drugs,he wasn't on welfare,and the only reason they moved in there is because they are the only places that allow pets,so quit stereotyping and once again go F*ck your mother.mind your business,what's leppert's toxicoligy report is it gonna come back too?oh,he probably didn't have to take one even,getting away with murdering a Perfect person
david will be honored for being the good man he was. we luv you david
concered friend

Guttenberg, IA

#28 Apr 27, 2009
rent was not paid for 26 days to the date of his murder.judge evicted the family over the holiday. you obviosly don't know much about eviction or the judge is in the bauwerly's pocket because i thought the same way you do about eviction.the case has been compromised if this is the deal.everyone takes the fall for something.
FU u hater

Guttenberg, IA

#29 Apr 27, 2009
can i come over to your house and evict you during Thanksgiving when you should be spending time with your family.and what about christmas,poor kids.and how the f*ck do u pay your rent by sitting there waiting for people to write this site all day.Better be carefull leppert might come find u!!
FU u hater

Guttenberg, IA

#30 Apr 27, 2009
do u realize your under a concerned friend?maybe you should change your name.I think you r looking for leppeert's site not dave's
concerned friend

Milton, FL

#31 Apr 28, 2009
i wouldnt get evicted nor have i ever been BECAUSE I PAY THE RENT you keep saying what a hard worker he was what did he do with all the money from working apperently he never paid the rent. how can you afford a wedding ring for your girlfriend but you cannot pay the rent, how can u afford pets if u cannot pay the rent. herman made a lot of poor choices,( not a crime ) but he then took out his frustration on an innocent victim
Seanalee

Elgin, IA

#32 Apr 28, 2009
You know people. You truly know only what has been released about the case. Justice has not been served because truly the fight was done when leppert reached for the gun. David may or may not have been hot headed but look at the way you are calling everyone names over their opinion. i am davids brothers girlfriend and your hurting his family more by bad talking someone you did not even know. His brother is 17. Trying to finish out school like he promised his brother he would. When the case is solved it is solved. But you need justice for the family. They want their son back, that will never happen. So they want the murdering assh*le to be put in prison!
Seanalee

Elgin, IA

#33 Apr 28, 2009
And concerned friend. Maybe he couldn't pay rent because he cared more about feeding his beautiful 3 daughters then anything else. assh*le davids family dont need to hear this stuff. just go away
concerned friend

Milton, FL

#34 Apr 28, 2009
her is the problem, you were not there, and what pisses me off is when people like you who were not there act as judge, jurry,and hangman. this is america and leppert is presummed innocent UNTILL PROVEN GUILTY! u call leppert a murdering assh***, but how do u know? do u know why they take witness statements asap?
so people ( like you, hermans girlfriend, mother, brother, dad, uncle, cousin,aunt,friend or whoever) sit around and come up with the same story. this is why leppert hasn't been charged yet and possibly may not ever be. im not a lawyer but if the witness statements match up with the evidence,im sure there will be charges,but that is up to the D.A. PEOPLE SNAP all the time watch the news you hear someone say ( I CAN'T BELIEVE HE DID THAT, HE WAS SUCH A NICE GUY!) mabey herman snapped.
And who cares about davids brother, this is not about him, if herman was feeding his daughters instead of paying rent, WHERE THE FUCK WERE ALL YOU FAMILY MEMBERS AND FRIENDS AT, TO HELP HIM OUT IN THIS TIME OF NEED, ESPECIALLY DURING THE HOLIDAYs!!!!!!!!!! need justice for hermans family? what about leppert? none of u were there and you already have leppert presummed guilty, because u think herman walked on water and would never do such a thing. nobody has heard lepperts side and what bothers me is when there is a rush to judgement you people don't want justice you want revenge. I know davids family want their son back, I would too, but david is not her because of davids choices!
Seanalee

Elgin, IA

#35 Apr 29, 2009
you are a jerk how do you know i wasnt there ass*ole? how do you knonw i didnt see it? you dont. his famioly and friends are struggling just as much as everyonhe elswe in this world. they never thought their son would be shot!
Seanalee

Elgin, IA

#36 Apr 29, 2009
and lepperts here because of his.
FU u haters

Guttenberg, IA

#38 Apr 29, 2009
nobody except for the victim,his fiancee,and the shooter truly know what happened that day and i'm going to go with the fiancee's story,she's got no reason to lie about what happened.leppert's life depends on whatever kind of horse sh*t he can come up with,so he's not going to be truthful about the events that happened that day.i only know what i saw from a distance,and that was watching his fiancee struggle to keep him alive while leppert sat and watched,eventually he helped after she screamed and fought for his life.Dave had a whole lifetime infront of him and now he's gone,and now his girls get to live their lifetime without a daddy. my sincerity goes out to his fiancee,and his little girls.
Seanalee

Guttenberg, IA

#39 Apr 29, 2009
Spoken perfectly.
FU u haters

Guttenberg, IA

#40 Apr 30, 2009
concerned friend/citizen u say u are waiting for justice?i'm not sure i know who's side ur on??U don't need to place judgement on his family just because they want some of that sweet revenge.U would too if this tragedy happened to your family.I can't blame them for that,they r just waiting on justice themselves,which is bound to make anyone hateful,the waiting game sucks.It has been 5 months yesterday and the killer still has not been arrested yet.That's F*cked up,he should be in jail by now,there was enough evidence to convict him before they ever released him,he knows somebody.
f u hater

Guttenberg, IA

#42 May 19, 2009
you are fricking retarded,aren't ya.That locksmith was an as*hole.not just to herman but to other customers,as well.get your facts right!!!the murderer was attacking his lady what would you do,let her be thrown to the ground,no you wouldn't,unless u are a loser.use your head,cause you haven't thought it out much.He had no meltdown sorry if you have manic depression episodes,not everyone is like that.he wanted to move from there, that place is a dump,he was more than happy to move out.so he wasn't having a meltdown,so do you have any another b.s. story you can think of.Creep
the only hater is u

Milton, FL

#43 May 19, 2009
how do know what the locksmith was like? let me guess u heard from someone who heard it from someone bla bla bla, truth is he probably had to change your locks on your old apt because u got evicted too, you people crack me up always want someone to pay there way and it is always someone else's fault. in short a family of loosers
f u hater

Guttenberg, IA

#44 May 20, 2009
hey u stupid co**sucker David worked harder than u probably will in your hole life and Anybody who rents from KATHY BOWERLY knows when i say that those fU**ING apartments aren't even worth food stamps with all the pet stains,molds,bad as* smells plus all the money she rips off the state along with the tenants living there i wouldnt pay the rent either. and by the way you sound like a faggot saying sh** like that so stop tryin to get the jisp of the story when all you did was heard this from somebody who heard it from somebody. oh yea go fu** your mother.
YOU MAKE ME SICK!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bob Scott? Jan '15 hatelosers 1
Clint Mackey murderer violent rapist (Jan '14) Nov '14 qop 3
News New Field of Dreams Owners Vow to Preserve Fiel... (Apr '13) Jun '14 curious 2
News Man released after being questioned about shooting (Dec '08) Sep '13 Ivy Herman 123
News Field of Dreams sale closes for $3.4 million (Jan '13) Apr '13 Dave from Pittsburgh 2
Any Pizza Hut employees in Dyersville who have ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Serious Money 1
Noise (Sep '11) Sep '11 invisibletouch 1
Dyersville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Dyersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]