Family frustrated by lack of charges in Dyersville slaying

Dec 31, 2008 Full story: The Gazette 96

One month later, no charges have been filed against Christopher Leppert, who told authorities he shot 24-year-old David Herman in self-defense Nov.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
shadow

Guttenberg, IA

#1 Jan 3, 2009
is there ever going to be justice,it's been a month and still nothing.leppert should not for any reason still be walking around.CHARGES NEED TO BE MADE!Letting a cold blooded killer walk free,woulnd'nt happen anywhere else,just iowa.noticed the full story hasn't come out yet,it will,and leppert will be in prison right where he belongs.
shadow u r an idiot

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#2 Jan 6, 2009
you just stated that the whole story hasnt come out yet, but you call leppert a cold blooded killer you must have been there and know more information than the news. everything have read makes me think mabe JUSTICE WAS SERVED.
shadowz stoopid

Maquoketa, IA

#3 Jan 7, 2009
The full story is NOT out and when it is, Herman's family will be ashamed of the violent, insane madman he became that caused such a nonviolent person to take his life.
People who pretend they know irritate those of us who do.
Go back to your cave.
shadow

Guttenberg, IA

#4 Jan 10, 2009
really? You people are retarded and obviosly can't take the truth.Must know the murdering bast*rd?And no herman's would never be ashamed,sorry.You people are quick to judge,you should be ashamed. It'll all come out in the end,glad I got some feedback from some bumpkin hillbillies. JUSTICE!!!
shadowz stoopid

Cross Plains, WI

#5 Jan 14, 2009
You're pathetic, Shadow. Mr. Leppert was terrified for his LIFE and fought back. Why? Because some ANIMAL didn't know how to control himself. The Herman's SHOULD be ashamed of what they bred, although pity is all I can feel for them, and for you, because neither them, nor you, will ever understand the scope of your ignorance. Theirs in raising someone like him and yours in supporting them.
The truth shall prevail. I find it simply amazing how it is overlooked that not only did Mr. Leppert retreat (basis for self-defense), he performed CPR on the very person who was trying to end HIS life, he is FULLY cooperating with law enforcement officials. Would Herman have done that if the situation were reversed? No, he'd likely be picking the dead person's pockets, or still kicking the corpse when the police arrived. Please.
I guess maybe class is the issue in seeing the right (Leppert) side here versus the wrong (Herman) side?
Have a nice day, though I'm sure you will, hence the old saying "Ignorance is bliss."
wow

Dubuque, IA

#6 Jan 14, 2009
I can understand why the family may be frustrated. Hell, they just lost a kid, who wouldn't have questions? But noone has ever said Leppert won't be charged with something once everything is fully investigated.

And with all due repect to "shadow" ( which isn't much) David's family and the boys are well known in this area for causing a lot of trouble and for being hot headed. You want to talk about hillbillies, you should take a close look at the people you are "defending". i feel for david's parents and would not wish this on them but you need to be honest too, these kids weren't the straight and narrow , clean cut , do no wrong people you want everyone to believe they are.
Max

Des Moines, IA

#7 Feb 22, 2009
Herman was a real angel, according to the Shadow. I bet the family is frustrated. Herman screwed up bad this time and justice was finally served on him.

It seems from the article that the family is looking for $$ justice $$ alright. They act like their gonna bring Herman back after their brand of justice is served.

And to call Herman the 'victim' here is just plain wrong. Herman could have walked away. Herman wasn't forced to run after Leppert and enter Leppert's car.

This Herman family just can't quite understand that when someone is attacked, they have a legal right to defend their life. If they can't understand that, then a few of their marbles are missing.

Leppert remains free because he did nothing wrong. Leppert remains alive because he defended himself from an attacker.
Max

Des Moines, IA

#8 Feb 22, 2009
Oh, and Herman is dead because he attacked a man who was able to defend himself. Stupid mistake, that he won't make again anytime soon.

And that's a lesson all criminals should learn.
DS RAM2

Rock Island, IL

#9 Mar 5, 2009
If the jerk would have came and jumped in my car to beat on me, I would have shot him, then drug his carcass into the road and ran over him with my car. Leppert will not be charged, because a jury of anything but morons would not convict him for defending himself. Most taxpayers would be outraged that the county was wasting time and money on prosecution of a person who was licensed to carry a handgun for protection. Leppert did not go to his car, get a gun and go after the thug. It is too bad the guy is dead, but his actions make Leppert's self defense reasonable. If anything I feel sorry for Chris Leppert, who just happened to have the misfortune of crossing paths with someone who was obviously out of control.
concerned friend

Guttenberg, IA

#11 Apr 5, 2009
What is going on with this case?Why is he still walking free?must be nice to just do anything to anybody anytime u feel like it.he deserves to get punished for what he did,he's a murderer.Somebody needs to take a serious look at this case because he also assualted the girl.That's two assaults.The cpr was also not performed by him,it was performed by his girl and some lady that come running outta nowhere. The crazy ass shooter took the girls dad away from them,he should rot in prison.Those poor little girls have to live with that everyday forever.GOD BLESS THEM.
uranidiot

United States

#12 Apr 6, 2009
concerned friend wrote:
What is going on with this case?Why is he still walking free?must be nice to just do anything to anybody anytime u feel like it.he deserves to get punished for what he did,he's a murderer.Somebody needs to take a serious look at this case because he also assualted the girl.That's two assaults.The cpr was also not performed by him,it was performed by his girl and some lady that come running outta nowhere. The crazy ass shooter took the girls dad away from them,he should rot in prison.Those poor little girls have to live with that everyday forever.GOD BLESS THEM.
He did indeed perform cpr and that is according to the emt's and police that arrived on the scene as well as several people that witnessed him doing this. He has not been charged yet with anything because the police are still investigating and talking to various "witnesses" to sort out what happenned and will then charge him with what the law says is appropriate , not what your revenge seeking rant demands.

As for the children, I truly feel sorry for them, they are truly the victims in all of this, regardless of what rumors, stories, and lies you all choose to believe about either person.
loser

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#14 Apr 8, 2009
who cares the loser should have paid the rent, oh wait the rent was probbaly paid for by the government,
concerned friend

Guttenberg, IA

#15 Apr 9, 2009
loser wrote:
who cares the loser should have paid the rent, oh wait the rent w das probbaly paid for by the government,
Actually,he's the only one in the building who paid rent,everyone else gets money from the state to live there.Know something before u go running your c*cksucker.Who cares,u do, you are commenting stupid.
loser

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#16 Apr 13, 2009
HEY DUMB ASS IF HE HAD PAID THE RENT HE WOULDNT HAVE BEEN EVICTED, YOU KNOW, LEAVE, GO AWAY, GET OUT, DONT COME BACK, DO YOU UNDERSTAND YET OR SHOULD I EXPLAIN IT A FEW MORE WAYS SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND IT, SO NO HE DIDNT PAY THE RENT.
GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS AND LOOK AT THIS CASE FROM AN UNBIASED POINT OF VIEW. HERMANS MOUTH AND ACTIONS WROTE A CHECK HIS ASS COULDNT COVER SO HE LOOSES. SO WHY DONT YOU QUIT RUNNING YOUR CKSUCKER.
concerned friend

Guttenberg, IA

#17 Apr 15, 2009
i smell a condom did u fart leppert lover
if u dont know dave stay out of this site!
concerned friend

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#18 Apr 17, 2009
why do u have to get personal? u r an idiot, you must be hermans brother or daddy, no wonder he ended up the way he did. i didnt know herman, but i have been following this case and if i want comment on it this would be the place, so up yours stupid ill stop by this site whenever i want.
concerned friend

Guttenberg, IA

#19 Apr 18, 2009
You dont know much,huh. not related,good buddy though ,so yeah u have know need to be here.Leppert deserves to be in jail,plain and simple.As soon as the investigation is complete we will see what kind of charges this guy gets.Heard he's a real As*hole.Like he's had cops called before on him at a residence he was suppose to be changing the locks on and he started a fight and the cops had him leave.Heard he likes his alcohol and drugs too.He's a real winner,walks around like shit didn't even happen.
concerned friend

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#20 Apr 21, 2009
i know enough, herman didnt pay the rent, got evicted, got pissed, and then took it out on someone else. these are facts. if herman got into lepperts car to continue fighting, to me thats no different than a car jacking,and what do u mean u heard this and u heard that? i understand herman was your friend but get your head out of your ass and LOOK AT THE FACTS! to me it looks like herman just had a meltdown and ran into a guy who had to defend himself
concerned friend

Guttenberg, IA

#21 Apr 21, 2009
I know the facts more than u could ever imagine,don't worry about it.The fight was over and dave had already backed away,was it self defense still if he was already out of the car and walking away from the fight,no it's called murder.Get your facts right,they will come out then there won't be any question rather it was justified or not.Why would u sit there and defend a killer opposed to the victim. what is wrong with u?I don't understand people like u,except for maybe u r related or good friends with the murdering pig.David wasn't a thug or a loser,he had the same issues everybody has someday in their lives,money problems.did u know the rent was only 26 days late,some people go months without paying rent,it happens it's called late or overdue,ever heard of it?Leppert knew he was gonna use deadly force as soon as he got to his gun,right after he pushed the wife to the ground that would make any man react.premeditated!!!!!
concerned friend

Guttenberg, IA

#22 Apr 21, 2009
it was premeditated,he's a murdering pig

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Field of Dreams Owners Vow to Preserve Fiel... (Apr '13) Jun '14 curious 2
Clint Mackey murderer violent rapist (Jan '14) Feb '14 boston 2
Man released after being questioned about shooting (Dec '08) Sep '13 Ivy Herman 123
Field of Dreams sale closes for $3.4 million (Jan '13) Apr '13 Dave from Pittsburgh 2
Any Pizza Hut employees in Dyersville who have ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Serious Money 1
Noise (Sep '11) Sep '11 invisibletouch 1
Week in Review: Wife charged in fatal shooting ... (Apr '11) Apr '11 lucyloo 1
Dyersville Dating
Find my Match

Dyersville Jobs

Dyersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Dyersville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dyersville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]