'Field of Dreams' site for sale

'Field of Dreams' site for sale

There are 17 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 13, 2010, titled 'Field of Dreams' site for sale. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The owners of the "Field of Dreams" movie site near Dyersville have put the place up for sale.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Carbon Bigfoot

Eden Prairie, MN

#1 May 13, 2010
I've been to the site. The Lansing's own the farmstead that was used in the movie. Most of the "Field of Dreams" baseball diamond is not on the Lansing's property, but on neighboring property. The neighboring owners have a refreshment stand, charge for admission, and pay for old-style games to be played to attract spectators to the location, the Lansing's do not.
fieldfan

Rubicon, WI

#2 May 13, 2010
Carbon Bigfoot wrote:
I've been to the site. The Lansing's own the farmstead that was used in the movie. Most of the "Field of Dreams" baseball diamond is not on the Lansing's property, but on neighboring property. The neighboring owners have a refreshment stand, charge for admission, and pay for old-style games to be played to attract spectators to the location, the Lansing's do not.
Actually, the Lansings purchased the adjoining property a couple of years ago and own the entire site now.
Win Twins

Saint Paul, MN

#3 May 13, 2010
I have been there three times in my life. Played catch when my son was 2 and again last summer when he was 8. Played catch with my girlfriend (now wife) there about 12 years ago.
My favorite movie of all time and walking on the field is magical to me.
aabfan

Minneapolis, MN

#4 May 13, 2010
The major detail they left out is that the Field of Dreams is really TWO separate businesses and "sites." The Lansings own the "Field of Dreams Movie Site" described in the article. This omits that they don't own "Left and Center Field." That's a second ownership group with its own website, shop and entrance.

The two owners have been arguing for years, starting with the L&C group plowing under the field leaving only the diamond and right field after the movie wrapped. Since the L&C group is now a management company, maybe they'll buy the Lansing's property.
aabfan

Minneapolis, MN

#5 May 13, 2010
Oops I was wrong too. I didn't know they bought L&C. It's been a few years since I was last there.

Since: Jun 08

St. Paul

#6 May 13, 2010
I hope whoever buys it keeps it as low key as it is right now. Yes, there's a souvenir stand but mostly it's just a field and bleachers. It's heavenly!

I haven't been in a few years so I was happy to see fieldfan post that it's now all one property. I found info about the purchase http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2079 you have to scroll to the bottom of the page.

I might have to make a pilgrimage this year. Never know what a new owner might do to mess it up.
Just a thought

United States

#8 May 13, 2010
Some land for the Vikings to build their field on ......... I mean if you build it they will come.
Doug

Turtle Lake, WI

#9 May 13, 2010
Great movie, but let's face it - the field is just a movie set. Yes, if you build it, they will come. Who? The suckers that P.T. Barnum once talked about;that's who.
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#10 May 13, 2010
Becky Lansing apparently doesn't know anything about baseball. They don't have a locker rooms in baseball, they call them their clubhouse.

"It's really time for us to head to the locker room. Maybe that sounds corny. I don't care," Becky Lansing told the Associated Press."

Since: Sep 08

Saint Paul, MN

#11 May 13, 2010
for $2 i will let any of these lamebrains come and play catch in my backyard, i will even throw in a digital photo for you.
just a thought

Saint Paul, MN

#12 May 13, 2010
yeah,yeah Becky save it for the naive Iowegans you just want the money.
Bob the Bilderberg

Minneapolis, MN

#13 May 13, 2010
It was a bleeping movie, people.
just a thought

Saint Paul, MN

#14 May 13, 2010
aabfan wrote:
The major detail they left out is that the Field of Dreams is really TWO separate businesses and "sites." The Lansings own the "Field of Dreams Movie Site" described in the article. This omits that they don't own "Left and Center Field." That's a second ownership group with its own website, shop and entrance.
The two owners have been arguing for years, starting with the L&C group plowing under the field leaving only the diamond and right field after the movie wrapped. Since the L&C group is now a management company, maybe they'll buy the Lansing's property.
Oh yeah, it's all about the money and you can see why with the Lansing broad, who married into the deal. Where is her de-nutted husband telling her to S T F U.
conrad

Florence, AL

#15 May 13, 2010
And so is the American middle class up for sellout by the global government democrats funded by the soros type communists.
One Small Step

Saint Paul, MN

#16 May 14, 2010
Bob the Bilderberg wrote:
It was a bleeping movie, people.
Indeed. Further, if someone wants to see the real thing: Sleepy Eye has an authentic 'carved out of a cornfield' ball field, used by real people for real baseball.

Since: Sep 08

Saint Paul, MN

#17 May 14, 2010
One Small Step wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. Further, if someone wants to see the real thing: Sleepy Eye has an authentic 'carved out of a cornfield' ball field, used by real people for real baseball.
good point Mr.Bob..this is getting scarey , im agreeing with you too often
Lakeville

Minneapolis, MN

#18 May 14, 2010
oxboro wrote:
<quoted text>good point Mr.Bob..this is getting scarey , im agreeing with you too often
Please just sit and spin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Neighbors Complain About Human Waste in Fertilizer (Sep '09) Mar '16 svetlanik 73
black women (Dec '15) Dec '15 canicucum 1
News Family frustrated by lack of charges in Dyersvi... (Jan '09) Dec '15 Peterson 97
Bob Scott? (Jan '15) Jan '15 hatelosers 1
Clint Mackey murderer violent rapist (Jan '14) Nov '14 qop 3
News New Field of Dreams Owners Vow to Preserve Fiel... (Apr '13) Jun '14 curious 2
News Man released after being questioned about shooting (Dec '08) Sep '13 Ivy Herman 123

Dyersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dyersville Mortgages