Your town is rotting from the inside out

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#21 Aug 18, 2012
And what if you are someone who isn't on drugs and in and out of jail? What if you are someone who is living a nice, stable life in Dyersburg? Are we still better off to leave and be away from our family? Not me and mine. If that's what you needed to do to get off drugs and stay out of jail, then good for you for getting your shit together. BUT that doesn't mean everyone is miserable and should leave. Yeah, I'm tired of all the crime and the assholes in office that don't seem to do much other than sit on their ass. But me and mine are doing just fine.

Location hidden

#22 Aug 18, 2012
moved on wrote:
I havent lived in dyersburg for years and didnt know this forum existed till just recently. I looked and there are topix forums for many cities. I seen dyersburgs forum full of name calling and bashing ppl. Well i went and looked at other topix forums and dyersburg was the only one full of name calling and bull shit. I look at the forum as a reminder cause i see guys i ran with on a post saying there in prison. Makes me thank god i grew up and left to get my life on track. If ur on drugs or wana change u cnt if u stay where u know where to get it and all ur friends use too. I have family in dyersburg and whenever i visit everything i did comes flooding back and i believe memories like that ca trigger relapse. This is all just my 2 cents and im not saying my opinion is the gospel but it is what i strongly believe.
Your IP address says you're in Brownsville. Well for someone that looked at other forums, why didn't you look at the Brownsville one? This is the first thread I clicked on http://www.topix.com/forum/city/brownsville-t... All cities have trashing and name calling on their Topix Forums. Not just the burg.
moved on

Ripley, TN

#23 Aug 18, 2012
I dnt even live in tn anymore i live in georgia. So whatever ip u read was wrong. Look on topix forums out of state cause pretty much all surounding cities are the same.

Location hidden

#24 Aug 18, 2012
moved on wrote:
I dnt even live in tn anymore i live in georgia. So whatever ip u read was wrong. Look on topix forums out of state cause pretty much all surounding cities are the same.
LOL I am not going to look at any other forums. Your statement was that "Dyersburg is the only one with name calling..." and I proved you wrong. I don't care where you are, there is still going to be drama, name calling and bullshit on the forum there.
Mama D

Dyersburg, TN

#26 Aug 18, 2012
I agree with moved on. I've lived in 8 states and almost twice as many cities.. I have no doubts that Dyersburg is the most hateful town I've ever encountered. People here seem to thrive on what I would call a Hatfields & McCoys mentality.

You don't have to go looking for trouble here...it will find you sooner or later. It's nice to have some pride in your home town, but you have to remove the blinders to speak the truth..
usualsuspect

Ripley, TN

#27 Aug 18, 2012
Sound like ur fkn in love with dburg good for u. It is the divorce capitol of the u.s and thats sad with so many other larger cities. That speaks volumes so ur argument is flawed. The fact its so small wnd has the highest divorce rate speaks volumes u cnt argue with.
usualsuspect

Ripley, TN

#28 Aug 18, 2012
Momma d u are a smart lady i couldnt have said it better myself.

Dyersburg, TN

#29 Aug 18, 2012
I just want to move. I am nearly to the point of unhappiness that I don't care if I take a loss on my house or a lesser-paying job if it means finding a place where I can have a normal life without all the b.s.
usualsuspect

Ripley, TN

#30 Aug 18, 2012
I dnt blame u guest im moving soon as im able too. So hang in there.

Tyler, TX

#31 Aug 19, 2012
speakthetruth94 wrote:
<quoted text>Your IP address says you're in Brownsville. Well for someone that looked at other forums, why didn't you look at the Brownsville one? This is the first thread I clicked on http://www.topix.com/forum/city/brownsville-t... All cities have trashing and name calling on their Topix Forums. Not just the burg.
First of all just because an IP add. says a certain city does NOT mean that is where you are. It is the tower that your computer picks up. And I agree. If you go to other cities' forums its not about gossip, name calling, and bashing posts just for the hell of it. Shows the childish attitude that people have here. Or maybe its jealousy. Dyersburg sucks. And those of you who defend it know nothing else. So as I see it, this has to be the worst area to live in. Anything you need or have to do is in Jackson or Memphis. And NOT ALL cities have this trashing and name calling. So you have been proved wrong. I also have never met so many rude and unfriendly people. Used to be a lot different but now people are rude and inconsiderate to others. Not to mention uneducated, no jobs, and plenty of people who take advantage of you. I don't trust anyone here. People I have hired to do work have ripped me off many times. No one wants to admit that there hometown sucks but this one sure does.

Location hidden

#32 Aug 19, 2012
First of all, I don't have blinders on. I didn't say that Dyersburg didn't have anything wrong with it. I said every town has its problems, drama, etc. Second, the post I was responding to originally said that Dyersburg Topix "is the only one with name calling and bashing", and with me finding another city's forum with name calling, I proved them wrong. Third, how in the hell are you gonna argue the divorce rate and city size of Dyersburg compared to other cities with me, when I never said a word about that. I agree that Dyersburg is an awful town. But it is what you make of it. If you weed out the druggies, liars, drama queens, etc. then you can live a happy life here if you choose. And Dyersburg isn't my hometown, Newbern is. There is a big difference. And to the last poster, you go ahead and live in Memphis. It was rated the number one most violent city in the country a couple of years ago. Beat out L.A., Chicago, Atlanta....I responded to one post about Dyersburg Topix and most of you turned it into something else. Typical Dyersburg style. YOU FIT RIGHT IN!!!

Location hidden

#33 Aug 19, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text> First of all just because an IP add. says a certain city does NOT mean that is where you are. It is the tower that your computer picks up. And I agree. If you go to other cities' forums its not about gossip, name calling, and bashing posts just for the hell of it. Shows the childish attitude that people have here. Or maybe its jealousy. Dyersburg sucks. And those of you who defend it know nothing else. So as I see it, this has to be the worst area to live in. Anything you need or have to do is in Jackson or Memphis. And NOT ALL cities have this trashing and name calling. So you have been proved wrong. I also have never met so many rude and unfriendly people. Used to be a lot different but now people are rude and inconsiderate to others. Not to mention uneducated, no jobs, and plenty of people who take advantage of you. I don't trust anyone here. People I have hired to do work have ripped me off many times. No one wants to admit that there hometown sucks but this one sure does.
I know that IP addresses aren't necessarily where you are located. I just used their IP address as an example of a different city that has THE SAME SHIT on their Topix Forum.
usualsuspect

Ripley, TN

#34 Aug 19, 2012
Speak the truth my ass u sound like a typical snob that thinks ur always right and the moved on person was referring to where he lived now n ot sorry west tn. Face it you were proved wrong and so what ur from newbern its only 8 miles from dburg. Your posts are ur opinion look at the stats of this town cause yea there are better places and how would u know about any where else if uve lived here all ur life? Good to know u got lots of money to make dyetsburg comfy for u but dnt down others that recognize what a s&&t hole it is.
Mama D

Dyersburg, TN

#36 Aug 19, 2012
speakthetruth94 wrote:
First of all, I don't have blinders on. I didn't say that Dyersburg didn't have anything wrong with it. I said every town has its problems, drama, etc. Second, the post I was responding to originally said that Dyersburg Topix "is the only one with name calling and bashing", and with me finding another city's forum with name calling, I proved them wrong. Third, how in the hell are you gonna argue the divorce rate and city size of Dyersburg compared to other cities with me, when I never said a word about that. I agree that Dyersburg is an awful town. But it is what you make of it. If you weed out the druggies, liars, drama queens, etc. then you can live a happy life here if you choose. And Dyersburg isn't my hometown, Newbern is. There is a big difference. And to the last poster, you go ahead and live in Memphis. It was rated the number one most violent city in the country a couple of years ago. Beat out L.A., Chicago, Atlanta....I responded to one post about Dyersburg Topix and most of you turned it into something else. Typical Dyersburg style. YOU FIT RIGHT IN!!!
Perfect example of that Hatfields & McCoys mentality I mentioned. Take everything personally, get all huffy and loud...what next? Call the police, make threats or go trying to "whoop" some a** just because someone doesn't agree with you?

To be fair though, I didn't mean to imply that Dyersburg is the only place with such a huge number of hateful, hot-headed people...it's just more concentrated here. It's really the entire NW part of TN! Must be the water or something..

Dyersburg, TN

#37 Aug 20, 2012
It is not the town, it is the people and people are the same all over the world. The love of many has grown cold and that is a fact. I admit Dyersburg used to be the ideal place to raise children but having been in many different cites, they are no different. If anyone thinks, the location is the key to happiness, they are seriously deluding themselves. It is the times we live in. Nothing more and nothing less and everyone needs to buckle up tight cause it is only going to get worse.

Location hidden

#38 Aug 20, 2012
Mama D wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect example of that Hatfields & McCoys mentality I mentioned. Take everything personally, get all huffy and loud...what next? Call the police, make threats or go trying to "whoop" some a** just because someone doesn't agree with you?
To be fair though, I didn't mean to imply that Dyersburg is the only place with such a huge number of hateful, hot-headed people...it's just more concentrated here. It's really the entire NW part of TN! Must be the water or something..
I'm not taking it personally nor am I huffy and loud as you said. And I'm not the type to make threats. I just replied to a post and proved a statement one person had made WRONG. I don't care if people agree with me or not. Everyone has their opinions of things and they are free to do so. People on this thread were taking my post and turning into something it wasn't so they could make rude comments and suggest I meant something THAT I DID NOT MEAN. How can people claim that others are rude, disrespectful and hateful when the accusers are guilty themselves? Just saying
A Real American

Dyersburg, TN

#39 Aug 20, 2012
guest wrote:
It is not the town, it is the people and people are the same all over the world. The love of many has grown cold and that is a fact. I admit Dyersburg used to be the ideal place to raise children but having been in many different cites, they are no different. If anyone thinks, the location is the key to happiness, they are seriously deluding themselves. It is the times we live in. Nothing more and nothing less and everyone needs to buckle up tight cause it is only going to get worse.
You are absolutely right! I was going to say the same thing. Location does not determine happiness. It's your attitude. There are so many people today that have no manners and they are just downright hateful. That is everywhere you go now. Pay attention when you go in stores. The clerks used to wait on you with a smile but now it's mostly a sour look on their face because you came in and interupted their smoke break or their texting with their buddy. Look at how the young people disrespect everyone they come across. Thug mentality rules their thinking. Those of you that are complaining about drama, I wonder who are you hanging out with? I distance myself from people like that. You may have to put up with it at work but your private time is yours to choose who you will allow in your life. Yes, I know Dburg is dying as far as jobs but that is our fault for not voting the leaders out. The economy is bad now and Obama must go! Yeah blame Bush but Obama has had almost 4 yrs now and all he has done is make it worse. It's time he man up and quite blaming Bush. His supporters need to admit that they made a mistake and now it's time to change. Same goes for this town. Holden hasn't done a darn thing to help this town. yeah he may have balanced the budget but that's about it. We need a mayor AND new alderman that will move this town forward and do whatever it takes to pull industry in. There is NO EXCUSE for us to have empty factories sitting there. Get on the phone and make the deals! People are suffering here. As for the divorce rate. That is the parents fault for not teaching proper morals...if you aren't happy here though, it's mostly your own fault. Yeah we have a lot of problems but tell me where there is no trouble. Do you think the lack of shopping centers determines your happiness? There are a lot of people on drugs but that's everywhere. Just watch Cops on TV. And I have been all over this country so I know firsthand. You folks complaining will find something else to complain about in your new location. That's because that stuff just runs in your genes. Actually Dburg has been rated as one of the top 50 small towns in America to live and work. We just need leadership locally to bring in more jobs after we get a new president...It's all in how you look at it.

Ripley, TN

#40 Aug 21, 2012
Top 50 towns my ass i googled it and ur full of s$$t u and speaks no truth can both go f$$k yourselves dyersburgs a sh$$ hole.
justmyopinion

Edgewood, TX

#41 Aug 22, 2012
I googled the divorce rates and never saw a town close to Dyerburg as having the highest. link to source below.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2010/10...
And its not like this town isn't big enough because my fiance is from one of the cities on the list and its maybe the same size as here and that's a maybe.
Honestly though, life is what you make it no matter where you're at. I'm pretty young (23) but I've been around and lived enough places to know that everywhere has its problems. Small towns aren't for everybody and that's fine. I like it here though, and not because its perfect, because no place is. I've lived in worse places though. There are a lot of good people in this town and as a whole I think its as good of a place as any to grow up and live.
freedom fighter

United States

#42 Aug 22, 2012
can someone please explain to me how obama has ruined dyersburg? i want to see a piece of legislation or a decision that obama has made that has directly changed something in dyersburg. i have lived here through multiple presidents and let me tell you, it takes alot to change dyersburg. also while im discussing the president, we would all be better off if all the closet fucking kkk members acting like republicans would just admit that they have a chip on their shoulder because of our presidents skin color instead of just spouting off whatever the latest hot button issue foxnews tells you is "destroying" america. jesus christ most of you uneducated idiots will probably be better off WITH obama care because you dont have any damn insurance because you got laid off down at the factory and have zero education or skills outside of working on the line for 25 years.
sorry to interrupt the folks that were actually discussing the topic, but the "whole obama is killing america" routine is worn out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 8 min Karensfriend 102,771
Pickle 20 min Guess 1
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 25 min Doug77 9,101
James Newhouse aka Peanut (Aug '09) 40 min Florida girl 42
God is Great (Aug '14) 45 min The Preacher 2,689
bad company in trimble 53 min guest 16
Dyersburg Citizens Tax Dollars at work!! 1 hr guest 1
More from around the web

Dyersburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE