Who would make the best Mayor of Dyersburg?

Created by Ready for a change on Jan 28, 2009

1,443 votes

Click on an option to vote

John Holden.

Ross Maldonado

Eddie Anderson

Freeman Dudley

Katie Winchester

Bob Kirk

Eddie Burks

Kim Hill

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
deere200c_man

United States

#3 Jan 28, 2009
my vote is for monte warne. 100% real person and he wont kiss somebodys ass just because they got "connections"
Ready for a change

Jackson, TN

#4 Jan 28, 2009
deere200c_man wrote:
my vote is for monte warne. 100% real person and he wont kiss somebodys ass just because they got "connections"
Do you live in Dyersburg?
Doesn't matter, just wondering since it had Ga under your name.
Ready for a change

Jackson, TN

#5 Jan 28, 2009
I personally think Ross Maldonado would make a great mayor.
Don't know that he's ever thought about running, but he is one of the most honest men in Dyersburg.
He has interigity.. and that is what this town needs!
Dr Asstomouth

Bisbee, AZ

#6 Jan 28, 2009
I would make a good mayor, but I am too busy. Maldonado would be a good choice, or maybe Christie Baker.
brian

United States

#8 Jan 29, 2009
John Holden. Ross Maldonado Eddie Anderson Freeman Dudley Katie Winchester Bob Kirk Eddie Burks Kim Hill
my vote is for none of the above. john hasn't done much for dyersburg but i think its mainly due to his aldermen. i know ross but not good enough to pass any sort of judgement. eddie seems like a very honest and good man but i dont really think hes mayor material. freeman is to good of friends with shannon walker and that eliminates him right there. katie works for first citizens and that bank already runs to much of this town as it is. i dont know bob kirk. no way to eddie because he owns burks beverage. and i've never heard of kim hill. just my opinion but this town needs a savior to drag it out of the gutter, someone that will bring business and industry. this town is a stagnant pond, nothing at all happening. we need to impeach the mayor and all of his aldermen and have a whole new election.
trojan1

Bisbee, AZ

#10 Jan 29, 2009
this list looks like it was made by the good ol'boy network in this town. alot of these people have taken advantage of people in this town to make their money.
stormy

Henderson, TN

#11 Jan 29, 2009
none of the above names, Someone that does their job truthfully and honest would be nice for history change of Dyersburg.
stormy

Henderson, TN

#12 Jan 29, 2009
and that has less family members voting them into power position to corrupt the systems would be a blessing.
Obama

Memphis, TN

#13 Jan 29, 2009
5 out of the 8 live in the county. You better get some better canidates if there are any.
County Voter

Prescott, AZ

#14 Jan 29, 2009
Maybe Kim Walker Hill could be County Mayor.
Bill Revell

United States

#15 Jan 29, 2009
I don't think your list of possibles is complete. Not even an OTHER option.
bored

Memphis, TN

#16 Jan 29, 2009
deere200c_man wrote:
i def agree
Ready for a change

Jackson, TN

#17 Jan 29, 2009
trojan1 wrote:
this list looks like it was made by the good ol'boy network in this town. alot of these people have taken advantage of people in this town to make their money.
I am definitly not part of the 'good ol' boy' network.
I am a female who is fed up with the crooked politics in this town.
Just because I put those names on there doesn't mean I would vote for all of them.
There is only one on there that I would vote for.. Ross Maldonado!
I think an outsider would actually be best.
Someone who treats everyone the same.. no matter if you are from the Farms (Ooh La La) or from Southtown or Milltown.
I don't think an outsider is an option..so Ross Maldonado would be the next best thing.
He is Honest, trustworthy, and has intregity.
Something that most officials in this town are lacking.
talk about change

United States

#18 Jan 29, 2009
Let's all vote Shannon Walker for Mayor, I mean after all he is the biggest crook in Dyersburg! I thought it was wrong when that business Hamiltons got a beer permit when there is a chruch just a few feet. Nothing said just a brief article in the paper and that was it. Mayor Holden has been a great mayor, he only needs to take care of the crooks!
King of the D

Milan, TN

#19 Jan 29, 2009
Well, truthfully and honestly? I want some one who will get the damn job done! I don't care how they do it. Worry about performance first, morality is just a bonus.
Ready for a change

Jackson, TN

#20 Jan 29, 2009
talk about change wrote:
Let's all vote Shannon Walker for Mayor, I mean after all he is the biggest crook in Dyersburg! I thought it was wrong when that business Hamiltons got a beer permit when there is a chruch just a few feet. Nothing said just a brief article in the paper and that was it. Mayor Holden has been a great mayor, he only needs to take care of the crooks!
What exactly has Mayor Holden done that is so great? I haven't noticed very many changes since he took office.
As a matter of fact.. while he was running for office, he played up the fact that he grew up in Milltown. He said that one of the first things he was going to do was 'clean' it up. Anyone who drives through there can see how much he has done.
Nasty yards, terrible streets, and drug houses on almost every corner!
I have nothing against Milltown, I have friends who live there.
They take care of their house and yard, but the property of their home has gone down because of how bad the area looks.
Mayor Holden may be a good man, I honestly don't know him that well... but I can't any great changes that he has made so far.
And Dyersburg needs a change!!
dip stick

Satellite Provider

#21 Jan 30, 2009
i have seen numerous postive things from from mayor holden - here are just a few good ones:

#1 - trimed over 1,000,000 in salaries from the budget in the first 18 months. as a result, since hard economic times have hit, the city of dyersburg is in far better financial condition that most other cities in tennessee and is not facing a tax increase.

#2 - according to the state gazette, he has removed about 60 homes that were condemed and cleaned up those properties

#3 - finally got the city of dyersburg a competent human resource director - no more clown baltimore

#4 - cut the head of the snake off in firing robert reed and replacing him with steve anderson.

#5 - reserved - lets see how he handles the chiefs vacancy.

and judging by the votes, the majority agree that he is doing a good job
city worker

Laconia, TN

#22 Jan 30, 2009
not to mention he is fair with all of us and treats everyone equally, no more politics and who you know. i saw his progress report last month, and there has been a lot done. keep it up mayor holden, you ae doing an outstanding job and all of us in the city support you.
Diggler

United States

#23 Jan 30, 2009
talk about change wrote:
Hamilton's sold beer since 1997 when they opened.
morgan

Laconia, TN

#24 Jan 30, 2009
i agree with city worker, mayor holden is doing a great job. he had a bunch of b.s. to deal with when he got in, a lot of that has been addressed. have you noticed how good our city looks and all the old buildings downtown that have been removed. there are many other things he has done as well, just look around and talk to people. mayor holden has my vote for as long as he runs !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 2 min Pretty woman 4,121
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 6 min Pretty woman 8,899
Rusty Burrow cleared 12 min boxie 67
God is Great (Aug '14) 19 min Mastama 2,087
Karen Swifts car Horner Tidwell (Jul '14) 43 min guest 20
patrick thurman 1 hr guest 1
Open Letter to Tony Agresta @ Alvino's 1 hr guest 26
cops swarm wal mart 2 hr Jake 11
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 16 hr Queue 100,849
prostitution in dyersburg (Sep '11) 18 hr Michael Young 60