Just me

Kansas City, MO

#14795 Feb 1, 2012
Wolfscratch Glenn Adams wrote:
<quoted text>
From websleuths - Karen Swift
RE: Nehemiah
Registered User Join Date: Aug 2003
Sheriff Box said yesterday that his office contated the Med. Examiner on Wednesday and that the ME is continuing to conduct exams on Karen's body in a very thorough fashion; they are putting together facts based upon the findings from her body. It is going to take more time than initially thought but Sheriff Box believes that once he receives the results, the case will rapidly advance. He asked for prayers for Karen's loved ones.
Beachcomber, due to Websleuths' strict TOS, it is doubtful that this is only rumor, or Nehemiah, would have received a swift slap on the wrist by the thread moderator. Nehemiah, has been an active member of WS for 9 years..
Guess, time will tell, huh?
Wolfscratch
Strict TOS! GMAB Websleuths thrives on rumor and lately rumors have been allowed as fact so much that many long time members no longer post there because of poor moderation.
Ginger

Ash Flat, AR

#14796 Feb 1, 2012
The Dyer County Sheriff’s office says Karen Swift was last seen at her home around 1 a.m. Sunday, October 30. CNN affiliate WMC reports that Swift's friends say the mom was returning home from a Halloween party.

1) I don't think any news channels knows what time Karen was last seen.

Sheriff Box said Karen Swift's killer was still out there and they wanted to be careful before they exposed too many details until someone was in custody.

He continued to assure 7 Eyewitness News he talked to state medical examiners constantly, who had Karen Swift's body, and he believed they were trying to wrap things up.

Officials said they did know some details from the medical examiners but were not able to say.

The sheriff said this was a very complex investigation, and everyone would definitely understand why , and he hoped that would be soon.

2) What is he saying "everyone would definitely understand WHY"

Help on the why???....... I have never heard LE to make these kind of statements.
ValleyPeach

Nashwauk, MN

#14797 Feb 1, 2012
Ginger wrote:
<quoted text> If my husband went missing I would have LE in my home getting whatever they needed to find him. David is acting strange....JMO I can see LE wanting a legal search, but I would hand over anything LE wanted to get my husband home. Box gave a interview a few days ago to a news channel (which I will find) but the news channel reported that the last time David saw his wife she had gone to bed.(RED FLAG) I will find my source...I don't want you to think I'm being misleading.
I remember that short interview/statement by Box. I kept replaying that part of it because I thought he was ambiguous as to whether it was Karen or the daughter who had "gone to bed". When you see the video, tell me what you think...
ValleyPeach

Nashwauk, MN

#14798 Feb 1, 2012
Ginger wrote:
The Dyer County Sheriff’s office says Karen Swift was last seen at her home around 1 a.m. Sunday, October 30. CNN affiliate WMC reports that Swift's friends say the mom was returning home from a Halloween party.
1) I don't think any news channels knows what time Karen was last seen.
Sheriff Box said Karen Swift's killer was still out there and they wanted to be careful before they exposed too many details until someone was in custody.
He continued to assure 7 Eyewitness News he talked to state medical examiners constantly, who had Karen Swift's body, and he believed they were trying to wrap things up.
Officials said they did know some details from the medical examiners but were not able to say.
The sheriff said this was a very complex investigation, and everyone would definitely understand why , and he hoped that would be soon.
2) What is he saying "everyone would definitely understand WHY"
Help on the why???....... I have never heard LE to make these kind of statements.
because it was a complex set of circumstances, meaning the events of that night were many, and perhaps unusual. I think that is all he is saying.
ValleyPeach

Nashwauk, MN

#14799 Feb 1, 2012
Just me wrote:
<quoted text>
Strict TOS! GMAB Websleuths thrives on rumor and lately rumors have been allowed as fact so much that many long time members no longer post there because of poor moderation.
Well the quote mentioned is fact, all one has to do is go to the page on the gazette website that contains all the articles and videos about the case. Its there. I'm not the one who quoted it so I won't provide the link.

I would think if people are serious about this case they would sit down with a pen and paper and write down the timeline and facts as they are disclosed. It is actually quite simple. Good to keep a list of"characters" too.
searcher

Little Rock, AR

#14800 Feb 1, 2012
I think the guest from Monroe N.C. should tell us exactly how why this murder happened.Com e on tell us,and dont hold back.We are depending on you for events and names.We all know you have the answers.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#14801 Feb 1, 2012
link to State Gazette with every story published about Karen since her disappearance.

http://www.stategazette.com/topic/karenswift/
Nativegrl

Cordova, TN

#14802 Feb 1, 2012
I've been called worse than a "dingbat" before.
As far as the poster who called me that, that particular poster seems to always correct grammar and say things like "you have to consider the audience" (meaning the posters on TOPIX).
IMO, that's a condescending thing to say.
"The audience" is made up of all kinds of people from all walks of life.
None of us is any better than the other when we are posting on the internet.
As far as that poster being a verified expert on WebSleuths, I would like to point out that her repeated references to BlinkOnCrime would not be allowed there, as Tricia Griffith that started WS does not allow any links to BOC.
I've also been accused of playing "detective".
I would submit that is exactly what most posters on here are doing.
We are going over things again and again while we await more news.

There was a sheetrock screw and another "puncture" in Karen's tire.
I have always been very interested in what caused the other puncture.
I will continue to speculate, as will others, until this case is solved.
The reason there are very few comments being made on WS about this case, IMO, is that there is very little verifiable information about it.
There is always the presumption that the spouse must be eliminated first.
That makes perfect sense.
I just don't think that putting blinders on concerning other possibilities is a smart thing to do.
I reiterate that Chandra Levy's body in D.C. was searched for over a period of months, many times using cadaver dogs.
Her body lay just yards off of a trail in Rockcreek Park.
Dogs never picked up the scent of decomposition, which is startling to me.
A man took his dog out to walk in the park, his dog was reportedly digging at box turtles, and found Chandra's remains.
So with dogs finding no scent of Karen's around her abandoned vehicle, I have to say that sometimes dogs don't find evidence in all cases.
I will never try to drive another poster from posting their own personal opinions on this case or any other.
Every serious post not made in anger or jest is welcome on TOPIX.
We all have the right to free speech and I have a disdain for anyone trying to apply the "chilling effect" on other posters.
Nativegrl

Cordova, TN

#14803 Feb 1, 2012
ValleyPeach wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the quote mentioned is fact, all one has to do is go to the page on the gazette website that contains all the articles and videos about the case. Its there. I'm not the one who quoted it so I won't provide the link.
I would think if people are serious about this case they would sit down with a pen and paper and write down the timeline and facts as they are disclosed. It is actually quite simple. Good to keep a list of"characters" too.
Which quote?
TIA
ummmmmmm

Murray, KY

#14804 Feb 1, 2012
ValleyPeach wrote:
<quoted text>
1.Bill Bona-hammer
2.Cathy Bona-tire rod
3.David Swift-down the stairwell
4.somebody at the farms-drugged her
5-they all lied about the time frame
HHere is the characters at least!
It could have been done this way?
If she had a boyfriend from the farms? Who know?
Get Real

Phoenix, AZ

#14805 Feb 1, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, actually, I think DS did it. But not because of "statistics" or because I "want" them to charge him. I think he did it because no one can give me ANYTHING to refute the known facts! No sequence of events that lead anywhere if this poor woman was murdered by someone else. I'm actually trying to deal with the facts...put it together and show me HOW someone else could have done this? You cannot put a round peg into a square hole.
I guess I'm not to keen on "speculation" if it leads nowhere. Its just a waste of time. At least on this thread because there are those who get easily confused and run with some of the things that get said in these posts as though they are facts. There are other places for speculation...Websleuths for example. You are there, SnowinMemphis, I am there also. I've seen your posts. You do take a bit of a different tone on that site, but it is a place that allows for speculation because no one over there lets things get carried away to the point of confusion to other posters.
The trouble I have with this line of thinking is that so few facts have been reported to the public, and that David Swift has not been arrested. Of course no one can refute your speculation, but that's an unreasonable criticism in my view. No one knows what the Sheriff knows about her cell phone communication, the events of the party, and why she made that urgent sounding text to her friend late Saturday night. No one has refuted David Swift's story, either - nobody can in the absence of information. It's just as easy to speculate one way as the other about David Swift IMO, because he's the public's suspect number 1 yet he hasn't been arrested.
I don't credit backchannel communications from "sources close to the investigation." I take at face value that some posters have them, but "complex" investigations can develop among investigators partisans of one theory or another. They strive for the attention of the deciders, who may see an advantage for their side in making strategic leaks to bloggers and the people on whom they rely. They may be an effort to spook a suspect into some action that would verify their theory, or to put political pressure on the DA. These leaks are often misleading, if not mendacious, and they definitely can put the prosecution at risk.
I don't have an opinion who killed Karen Swift. We haven't heard evidence that overcomes the presumption of innocence to which he is entitled - even from anonymous Topix gossips.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#14806 Feb 1, 2012
Karen Swift had been to a Halloween party at the Dyersburg Country Club-The Farms on the Saturday evening, Oct. 29. She reportedly arrived home sometime after midnight after picking up one of her daughters from a sleepover because she did not feel well. Box stated David Swift allegedly spoke with Karen Swift briefly in the stairwell after she and the child were inside the house. Authorities allege David Swift told them he awoke the next morning (Sunday, Oct. 30) and could not find his wife and tried calling her cell phone with no answer. Soon afterward, a neighbor called David Swift to tell him Karen Swift's SUV was on Millsfield Highway. He is then alleged to have called one of their sons in Arkansas to see if he could reach Karen Swift, but to no avail. David Swift is then reported to have called some of Karen Swift's friends to see if they had seen her. At 2:37 p.m., a friend of Karen Swift's called the Dyer County Sheriff's Department and notified them she was missing and the dispatcher advised her that David Swift should call and give details. He is then reported to have called the sheriff's department and given them details about what was going on. Soon after, deputies arrived and discovered the SUV had a flat tire. They searched the Swift residence and later impounded the vehicle.

This is part of story printed 12/13/2011 from link below. Here he talks to her in stairway. Also, 12/13 they searched the house.

whodat

Murray, KY

#14807 Feb 1, 2012
donna38059 wrote:
Karen Swift had been to a Halloween party at the Dyersburg Country Club-The Farms on the Saturday evening, Oct. 29. She reportedly arrived home sometime after midnight after picking up one of her daughters from a sleepover because she did not feel well. Box stated David Swift allegedly spoke with Karen Swift briefly in the stairwell after she and the child were inside the house. Authorities allege David Swift told them he awoke the next morning (Sunday, Oct. 30) and could not find his wife and tried calling her cell phone with no answer. Soon afterward, a neighbor called David Swift to tell him Karen Swift's SUV was on Millsfield Highway. He is then alleged to have called one of their sons in Arkansas to see if he could reach Karen Swift, but to no avail. David Swift is then reported to have called some of Karen Swift's friends to see if they had seen her. At 2:37 p.m., a friend of Karen Swift's called the Dyer County Sheriff's Department and notified them she was missing and the dispatcher advised her that David Swift should call and give details. He is then reported to have called the sheriff's department and given them details about what was going on. Soon after, deputies arrived and discovered the SUV had a flat tire. They searched the Swift residence and later impounded the vehicle.
This is part of story printed 12/13/2011 from link below. Here he talks to her in stairway. Also, 12/13 they searched the house.
According to Preston he came down the stairwell, and then went back up it.
Nativegrl

Cordova, TN

#14808 Feb 1, 2012
Thanks for all the links Donna!
I also read all of the comments underneath each article.
I didn't see any comment saying that Karen didn't usually carry a purse with her.
They all have said from the start that she was very reliant on her phone.
Wouldn't she have carried the phone in her purse?
I noticed that Box specifically said her purse was not found in Karen's car.
He said that there was a lot of information being sought from electronic means (cell phones I would think).
From every article that I read it stated that David Swift has been cooperative.
The police brought in highly trained forensics/crime scene teams from Memphis.
They are the ones who searched the Swift residence after Karen was found.
So people should realize that it was not a case of Dyer county crime scene crews working on the evidence.
The ME office does employ investigators.
The body could not have been even touched w/out the forensics people on scene.
I have never heard of any identifiable body being held for this long, and that is very interesting.
If Karen's family suspects David, they have a strange way of showing it, IMO.
Sure they would want to keep lines of communication open so that they could watch their other grandchildren, and that could be the case.
But with them going back to the Swift house recently after releasing the balloons to mark Karen's birthday, I think it would be nearly impossible not to say something if you thought that person killed your loved-one.

Wingate, NC

#14809 Feb 1, 2012
Nativegrl wrote:
I've been called worse than a "dingbat" before.
As far as the poster who called me that, that particular poster seems to always correct grammar and say things like "you have to consider the audience" (meaning the posters on TOPIX).
IMO, that's a condescending thing to say.
"The audience" is made up of all kinds of people from all walks of life.
None of us is any better than the other when we are posting on the internet.
As far as that poster being a verified expert on WebSleuths, I would like to point out that her repeated references to BlinkOnCrime would not be allowed there, as Tricia Griffith that started WS does not allow any links to BOC.
I've also been accused of playing "detective".
I would submit that is exactly what most posters on here are doing.
We are going over things again and again while we await more news.
SNIPPED FOR BREVITY
First of all, I'm also pretty sure you've been called worse names than a "dingbat". A few of those names came to mind when I called you a dingbat. That was the kindest reference I could come up with.
Second, I am usually the one getting their grammar corrected. I had a poster yesterday who argued with me for half the day over an apostrophe. The only time I've questioned a poster about spelling or grammar is when they were making up words, i.e., trying to impress with non-existent English.
Third, I only said "consider the audience" one time and that was tonight. Do you see how confused some people get over simple words? No sense making it worse, IMO. You might say it's condescending, but all I can say is its not my fault we aren't all on the same intellectual level. At least I try to keep it simple, unlike some of the chapters you write.
Fourth, I already said I haven't posted on Websleuths in a long time. My expertise was verified long ago and it has nothing to do with the fact that I also follow Blink. I'm actually capable of reading more than one site....just as you now admit that you do, as well.
Finally, I didn't accuse you of playing "detective" in general by trying to work out the elements of this crime. I accused you of playing "detective" with the posters. Remember, your little excursion with Someone1999? When you attempted to convince everyone that she was DS ex-lover? Or Ginger? When you attempted to convince everyone that she worked for the attorney? That was what I meant and I think you know what I meant.
I really don't give a crap what your opinion is of me and I don't give a crap about all your transparent innuendos regarding DS innocence. Lord knows, you have plenty of good company here, but I have to wonder why you don't have it in you to just say so without writing the next great American novel everytime you post. As far as I'm concerned, you write like a stoner and contribute very little of substance.

Wingate, NC

#14810 Feb 1, 2012
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>The trouble I have with this line of thinking is that so few facts have been reported to the public, and that David Swift has not been arrested. Of course no one can refute your speculation, but that's an unreasonable criticism in my view. No one knows what the Sheriff knows about her cell phone communication, the events of the party, and why she made that urgent sounding text to her friend late Saturday night. No one has refuted David Swift's story, either - nobody can in the absence of information. It's just as easy to speculate one way as the other about David Swift IMO, because he's the public's suspect number 1 yet he hasn't been arrested.
I don't credit backchannel communications from "sources close to the investigation." I take at face value that some posters have them, but "complex" investigations can develop among investigators partisans of one theory or another. They strive for the attention of the deciders, who may see an advantage for their side in making strategic leaks to bloggers and the people on whom they rely. They may be an effort to spook a suspect into some action that would verify their theory, or to put political pressure on the DA. These leaks are often misleading, if not mendacious, and they definitely can put the prosecution at risk.
I don't have an opinion who killed Karen Swift. We haven't heard evidence that overcomes the presumption of innocence to which he is entitled - even from anonymous Topix gossips.
Still can't fit a round peg into a square hole.
ummmmmmm

Murray, KY

#14811 Feb 1, 2012
I wonder how much longer can they keep the body? What else can they do to it? I wonder if they have gone over every once of her body? Piece by piece. Surely, they have done everythig they can to it by now?

“Public Safety: "Saving Lives"”

Since: Jul 11

Jasper, GA

#14812 Feb 2, 2012
Just me wrote:
<quoted text>
LMSAO, Just me.. from yesterday on websleuths -Holly Bobo thread:

Yesterday, 01:55 PM
nursebeeme
WS Moderator Join Date: May 2008

link to facebook thread in the parking lot:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
gentle reminder that what is posted there stays there... and also that no rumors are to be brought from facebook sites to websleuths. Thanks so much! This lands at random
Just me, I agree websleuths is no better or worse than any other forum and it is best to trust, but verify info, as the Gipper once said..
'The above info by Sheriff Box was verified by me'...

'Clueless Moderators, are why I no longer post on Websleuths'..

Wolfscratch

Jasper, GA

#14813 Feb 2, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Still can't fit a round peg into a square hole.
Guest, round pegs in the square holes?

The ones who see things differently. They're not very fond of rules/TOS.
They have no respect for the status quo.. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them.

"Seems to me that it would much easier to put a round peg in a square hole, than it would a square peg in a round hole"...

'Guest, you must be a Golfer'..'Golf was invented for those folks that don't know how to Fish'...

Wolfscratch

Jasper, GA

#14814 Feb 2, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, I'm also pretty sure you've been called worse names than a "dingbat". A few of those names came to mind when I called you a dingbat. That was the kindest reference I could come up with.
Second, I am usually the one getting their grammar corrected. I had a poster yesterday who argued with me for half the day over an apostrophe. The only time I've questioned a poster about spelling or grammar is when they were making up words, i.e., trying to impress with non-existent English.
Third, I only said "consider the audience" one time and that was tonight. Do you see how confused some people get over simple words? No sense making it worse, IMO. You might say it's condescending, but all I can say is its not my fault we aren't all on the same intellectual level. At least I try to keep it simple, unlike some of the chapters you write.
Fourth, I already said I haven't posted on Websleuths in a long time. My expertise was verified long ago and it has nothing to do with the fact that I also follow Blink. I'm actually capable of reading more than one site....just as you now admit that you do, as well.
Finally, I didn't accuse you of playing "detective" in general by trying to work out the elements of this crime. I accused you of playing "detective" with the posters. Remember, your little excursion with Someone1999? When you attempted to convince everyone that she was DS ex-lover? Or Ginger? When you attempted to convince everyone that she worked for the attorney? That was what I meant and I think you know what I meant.
I really don't give a crap what your opinion is of me and I don't give a crap about all your transparent innuendos regarding DS innocence. Lord knows, you have plenty of good company here, but I have to wonder why you don't have it in you to just say so without writing the next great American novel everytime you post. As far as I'm concerned, you write like a stoner and contribute very little of substance.
RE: but I have to wonder why you don't have it in you to just say so without writing the next great American novel everytime you post..

"A novel idea"..

RE: As far as I'm concerned, you write like a stoner and contribute very little of substance.

"A little presumptious, wouldn't ya think"?
'As you can prolly tell, I enjoy reading Nativegrl's comments, as I do most folks. She speaks from the heart and comes across as very spiritual and shares interesting food for thought, IMO.
We all have different perspectives, opinions, ideas, expertise, as well as life experiences'..

'When we resort to being judgemental and name calling, seems that we loose the debate due to default, IMO'...

Wolfscratch

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 6 min WTSenior 150,022
Dyersburg Hospital garnishing wages without not... 11 min Okay 15
missing man ? 2 hr GED 141
God is Great 2 hr modernman 133
New to the area 2 hr Wouldnt want to b... 21
Shannon White Heathcott Cannon Cook 4 hr its a shame 1
dog grooming (Apr '09) 4 hr guest 26
Grecians Steak House 5 hr Is it over yet 25
Conditions of the city of Dyersburg 5 hr Is it over yet 48
You know Susie Epperson 7 hr guest 16
•••
•••

Dyersburg News, Events & Info