Search for Missing Karen Swift

“Justice to KSwift and Holly”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#83533 Mar 28, 2013
Hopeful wrote:
Still waiting for the speech in the stairwell...
Still looking.

Location hidden

#83534 Mar 28, 2013
So, I have given you some more facts of why I think a woman did it. Not enough? Need more??

Location hidden

#83535 Mar 28, 2013
Hopeful wrote:
But I thought that was the family attorney hired to handle the divorce. Have I been misled?
Both. The divorce and to protect himself from what I was told and read.

Location hidden

#83536 Mar 28, 2013
Straight out to my exclusive guest, the missing woman`s son, Preston Swift.

Preston, I want to thank you for joining us. I know that you are doing everything in your power to find your mother, and I know this is extraordinarily difficult for you. Our hearts go out to you and everyone in your family. Your two kid sisters who are going through a lot. How are you and your two kid sisters holding up?

SWIFT: We`re doing pretty good. We`re doing everything we can to be together right now. They`re actually doing well. My father and I have been doing everything we can to help them deal with the situation and also to help us deal with the situation. We`ve had them in therapy. We`ve also been to some therapy. But we`re doing everything that we can to help us in this situation right now.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What about this Google search, at 5 in the morning? That seems very suspicious, very odd to me. What do you know? What was searched? Do you have any idea?

SWIFT: We really don`t have any idea. I know that they pinged her phone at 5 a.m. in the morning, and it was about 12 miles off from the house. They`re not really telling us a lot about the Google search. In fact, I`ve never even had it confirmed yet that it was a Google search. But we`re still talking to the sheriff every day, seeing what we can find out, if there is any new information.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, let`s look at some possibilities here, or some aspects of this case. Just a month before your mom disappeared, a man was arrested for poisoning dogs, allegedly, including Karen`s dog, your family dog. That man, John Hogshooter, is out of jail on bond. Cops say he is not a suspect in your mother`s disappearance. But did she confront him at all? Did -- did -- why on earth was he poisoning dogs? What a horrible thing.
QUEUE

Florissant, MO

#83537 Mar 28, 2013
The real ummmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>I just gave you my facts and back up on why a woman did this. Plus the girl even said that she remembers her mother moving her. Now that is another fact.
Sorry....but sometimes I don't believe you could back up a car. I respect your opinion that you don't believe her husband did this. But you have not said anything to support why you FACTUALLY state a woman did this. Jealousy over "getting jobs" isn't flyin' with me. That may be your motive but you haven't stated your evidence....even if circumstantial.
QUEUE

Florissant, MO

#83538 Mar 28, 2013
The real ummmmmmm wrote:
So, I have given you some more facts of why I think a woman did it. Not enough? Need more??
It's not called "facts" that you are giving. Nor do any of what you posted back up any reason for it being a woman.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#83539 Mar 29, 2013
The real ummmmmmm wrote:
SWIFT: My dad called me concerned. Immediately, he called me back later and told me that they have reported her missing. I never saw any violence. They both cared about each other, and they did, you know, care about us.
According to statements, David awoke at 6 or so to find Karen gone. Sometime after that smeone told him about the car and he called P to try and contact Karen. David was worried enough to involve his son but not worried enough to even check out the car, which was down the street? It makes no sense to me that D thought something wrong enough to call Preston and worry him but not enough to call the police. Those first few hours seem to be a total contradiction....it feels like alibi building...i was so worried, tried to call her (but she never answers for me) and even had P try but she wouldnt answer. Just one of the many things David did initially that just dont feel right.
Dawg

Indianapolis, IN

#83540 Mar 29, 2013
Really in Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
According to statements, David awoke at 6 or so to find Karen gone. Sometime after that smeone told him about the car and he called P to try and contact Karen. David was worried enough to involve his son but not worried enough to even check out the car, which was down the street? It makes no sense to me that D thought something wrong enough to call Preston and worry him but not enough to call the police. Those first few hours seem to be a total contradiction....it feels like alibi building...i was so worried, tried to call her (but she never answers for me) and even had P try but she wouldnt answer. Just one of the many things David did initially that just dont feel right.
I agree RiT. Those first 8 hours of virtually nothing speaks volumes. The idea that the vehicle was so close to home with a flat tire but Karen isn't anywhere around reeks of foul play immediately. Even after P attempting to make contact, no call to the sheriff.
Although it's never been verified, ds' actions those first 8 hours of the day indicates that the "shacking up" statement WAS made.
Just think, if Karen's remains had not been found, where would we be today with this case? There would still be a voice that would be claiming she ran off. Who could prove otherwise? Once remains were found, that jig was up and a murder case was born.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#83541 Mar 29, 2013
Dawg wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree RiT. Those first 8 hours of virtually nothing speaks volumes. The idea that the vehicle was so close to home with a flat tire but Karen isn't anywhere around reeks of foul play immediately. Even after P attempting to make contact, no call to the sheriff.
Although it's never been verified, ds' actions those first 8 hours of the day indicates that the "shacking up" statement WAS made.
Just think, if Karen's remains had not been found, where would we be today with this case? There would still be a voice that would be claiming she ran off. Who could prove otherwise? Once remains were found, that jig was up and a murder case was born.
Good morning, my friend. Hope this Good Friday finds you well. Going to be a beautiful weekend here, hope yours will be too.

I have always had a problem with the timing of the call to Preston. I can't imagine myself worrying my children when i believed my estranged spouse was out with someone. His every action, as we know them, is a contradiction.
You are right, if Karen hadn't been found i believe D would have continued to tell his kids that she left. Insult to injury.
Dawg

Indianapolis, IN

#83542 Mar 29, 2013
Really in Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, my friend. Hope this Good Friday finds you well. Going to be a beautiful weekend here, hope yours will be too.
I have always had a problem with the timing of the call to Preston. I can't imagine myself worrying my children when i believed my estranged spouse was out with someone. His every action, as we know them, is a contradiction.
You are right, if Karen hadn't been found i believe D would have continued to tell his kids that she left. Insult to injury.
The way the case started out, Box knew there was foul play involved but didn't want to force ds into a corner right away. The investigators played along just to see what and how much he would say. They knew as soon as they became accusatory, perps shut down and hire lawyers. That happened in the first 24-36 hours of Karen being reported missing. He was the suspected perp from day one and nothing has changed since.
Most of the snow is melted here, and should be in the mid-fifties today. I knew it was Friday, but slipped my mind that it was Good Friday. Time to get my ham recipe handy! I got another smoked Amish ham and will slow cook it in the oven starting about 3 am Sunday morning. The one for New Years was so good I couldn't pass up the opportunity to do another.
Dawg

Indianapolis, IN

#83543 Mar 29, 2013
curious wrote:
JM~we could draw pictures.....it wouldn't help!!! Seriously, this person cannot be this much of a dimwit. It's an act.
Big green check mark.

Location hidden

#83544 Mar 29, 2013
The real ummmmmmm wrote:
SWIFT: My mom and my little sister went to sleep. They both got in their pajamas, went to sleep. And then a little while later, my little sister fell asleep. And she -- she actually remembers my mom picking her up and putting her in my little sister`s bed. So she obviously was going somewhere.
(END VIDEO CLIP)
This statement proves that she was going somewhere. This is my back up to think that a woman did it. This is a part that has changed my mind about David doing this.

Location hidden

#83545 Mar 29, 2013
Really in Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the link or proof that he didn't go down and check the car early that morning??

Location hidden

#83546 Mar 29, 2013
I know my cousin very well, and if he could have backed the killer into a corner right then, then he would have made an arrest in seconds. Sounds like to me that David was concerned after he awoke at 6.

--Unreal 1---

“I AM YOUR OWN PERSONAL JESUS !”

Since: Feb 13

NEXT DOOR TO YOU

#83547 Mar 29, 2013
The real ummmmmmm wrote:
Straight out to my exclusive guest, the missing woman`s son, Preston Swift.
Preston, I want to thank you for joining us. I know that you are doing everything in your power to find your mother, and I know this is extraordinarily difficult for you. Our hearts go out to you and everyone in your family. Your two kid sisters who are going through a lot. How are you and your two kid sisters holding up?
SWIFT: We`re doing pretty good. We`re doing everything we can to be together right now. They`re actually doing well. My father and I have been doing everything we can to help them deal with the situation and also to help us deal with the situation. We`ve had them in therapy. We`ve also been to some therapy. But we`re doing everything that we can to help us in this situation right now.
VELEZ-MITCHELL: What about this Google search, at 5 in the morning? That seems very suspicious, very odd to me. What do you know? What was searched? Do you have any idea?
SWIFT: We really don`t have any idea. I know that they pinged her phone at 5 a.m. in the morning, and it was about 12 miles off from the house. They`re not really telling us a lot about the Google search. In fact, I`ve never even had it confirmed yet that it was a Google search. But we`re still talking to the sheriff every day, seeing what we can find out, if there is any new information.
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, let`s look at some possibilities here, or some aspects of this case. Just a month before your mom disappeared, a man was arrested for poisoning dogs, allegedly, including Karen`s dog, your family dog. That man, John Hogshooter, is out of jail on bond. Cops say he is not a suspect in your mother`s disappearance. But did she confront him at all? Did -- did -- why on earth was he poisoning dogs? What a horrible thing.
Damm you really do not have a life now do you???

Have a nice day :)

Location hidden

#83549 Mar 29, 2013
I asked an investigator this question once not to long ago. If in a murder case that a vehicle is involved and if someone drives a car to move it while in the seat, is there likely to be DNA found from the perp that either staged it or moved it? Especially married couples??

Answer: Yes, you will find some kind of DNA in that seat. Usually, you can have a match done quickly if a spouse did it, and an arrest is usually made quickly. Because, of no match with the spouse after an investigation with their DNA, we have to turn to other people to start looking at. Even though we can't rule the spouse out, he/she isnt guilty at this time. What we have here is a possible suspect if someone else committing a crime of this nature and it is up to us to catch and arrest that person.

Location hidden

#83550 Mar 29, 2013
--Unreal 1--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Damm you really do not have a life now do you???
Have a nice day :)
Have a nice life you?? Probably not.
Dawg

Indianapolis, IN

#83551 Mar 29, 2013
lol
Still no cigar.
Dawg

Indianapolis, IN

#83552 Mar 29, 2013
Another coward....

A retired state trooper is believed to have shot and killed his wife inside a central Pennsylvania supermarket Thursday morning and then committed suicide, state police said, two days after she had filed for divorce.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Sup...
Queue

Maryland Heights, MO

#83553 Mar 29, 2013
Dawg wrote:
<quoted text>
The shacking up comment always haunted me but then I realized it also was not confirmed to have really been said. Just trying to be fair and rely on credible information.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Green Goose Mystery 17 min JAbles 6
David Wilbanks 20 min Seafood 4
Gangs in Dyersburg 21 min GZA 4
Viar rd 23 min GZA 3
Karen Swift husband 54 min Red 150
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 56 min impulse 4,612
Hush hush little secret 2 hr Guest 24

Personal Finance

Dyersburg Mortgages