Search for Missing Karen Swift

“Justice to KSwift and Holly”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#81665 Mar 7, 2013
--Unreal 1--- wrote:
<quoted text>
It must suck being wrong all the time......like you are
Now write me a page about how you know all the inside stuff, and try to be important, when all you are in real life is a minimum wage burger flipper
Now hang up your bat cape and roll out the breakfast menu
Truth is truth
Have a nice day :)
It might be easy to know the inside stuff. Flipping burgers? Not hardly. Just now getting ready for some Falcon basketball, and then back to work coaching football. We have a long spring, summer and a liitl bir of short time in the fall to prepare our next unit. Union city,.Covington, and Martin Westview girls lets go getem today.

Location hidden

#81666 Mar 7, 2013
Headed to Murfreesboro now. Borrowing my friends cell phone to make sure you know. Murfreesboro bound. Wooo hooo.

Location hidden

#81667 Mar 7, 2013
Then next week, it will be Dyer Co. Lake co. and Humboldt. Whoo hoo. See ya there this morning and next week if anyone on this thread is going up there that is.

Location hidden

#81668 Mar 7, 2013
Anyone pullinf for Dyer Co.?
Queue

Maryland Heights, MO

#81669 Mar 7, 2013
The real ummmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>It might be easy to know the inside stuff. Flipping burgers? Not hardly. Just now getting ready for some Falcon basketball, and then back to work coaching football. We have a long spring, summer and a liitl bir of short time in the fall to prepare our next unit. Union city,.Covington, and Martin Westview girls lets go getem today.
Minimum wage burger flipper is better than living off the government.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#81670 Mar 7, 2013
This is addressed to the ones who claims they care about Karen's memory: if you did you wouldn't post on topix, you would respect her childrens wishes, you would wait to see what evidence the district attorney and other agencies have on the victim's murder, and lastly you wouldn't provoke the trolls on here.

Please stop posting.

Location hidden

#81671 Mar 7, 2013
Queue wrote:
<quoted text>
Less than one hour away from Murfreesboro. Yep! You are right.

Location hidden

#81672 Mar 7, 2013
Getting that old fired up feeling for Union City. Go Tornadoes.
Dawg

Granger, IN

#81673 Mar 7, 2013
Who Is At Greatest Risk for Domestic Violence?

Women ages 20 to 34, and increasingly, adolescent girls. Women who abuse alcohol or other drugs or whose partners do. Women who are poor. WOMEN ATTEMPTING TO LEAVE THEIR ABUSERS. Battered women increase their risk for murder when they try to escape.

http://www.silentwitness.net/sub/violences.ht...
Dawg

Granger, IN

#81674 Mar 7, 2013
A small percentage of marriages end without the legal niceties. Each year, several thousand intimate relationships in America are terminated by murder.

Roughly one-quarter of all women slain are killed by a husband, a boyfriend or an ex, according to government statistics. The proportion is lower for men, but the raw numbers are similar. A groundbreaking study of spousal homicides committed in 1988 found that four in 10 killer spouses were women.

The vast majority are predictably mundane: a drunken argument ending in violence.

Seven in 10 domestic homicides result spontaneously from an argument. Nearly two-thirds of the perpetrators are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

In these cases, access to a weapon tops off the lethal mix of anger and intoxication, and the criminal justice system is left to mop up mess left behind from a classic passion-of-the-moment killing.

Women who kill their spouse use a gun or a knife in roughly 95 out of 100 cases. Men use those weapons or their fists at a comparable rate.

In most of these instances, a spouse is blinded by rage while committing the deadly act, often later regretted.

But in the margins of those numbers the exceptions to the statistical rules are the homicides that often make front page news cases like those of Scott Peterson, Christian Longo, Pam Smart and Ruth Snyder.

For each of them, a marriage had gone sour, but none considered divorce a viable option.

Why? In a word: money.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_...

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#81675 Mar 7, 2013
Good Morning!
If I were Karen's mother I wouldnt tell what I knew on Nancy Grace either. I watched and I got the sense she was only saying what needed to be said. I never took it as she didnt know, I took it as she wasnt telling. Guarded as she should have been.
As for the boys being upset...of course they are! Their mother is gone and the last thing they want is to lose their dad.
Pray for them!
J4K

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#81676 Mar 7, 2013
Dawg wrote:
A small percentage of marriages end without the legal niceties. Each year, several thousand intimate relationships in America are terminated by murder.
Roughly one-quarter of all women slain are killed by a husband, a boyfriend or an ex, according to government statistics. The proportion is lower for men, but the raw numbers are similar. A groundbreaking study of spousal homicides committed in 1988 found that four in 10 killer spouses were women.
The vast majority are predictably mundane: a drunken argument ending in violence.
Seven in 10 domestic homicides result spontaneously from an argument. Nearly two-thirds of the perpetrators are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
In these cases, access to a weapon tops off the lethal mix of anger and intoxication, and the criminal justice system is left to mop up mess left behind from a classic passion-of-the-moment killing.
Women who kill their spouse use a gun or a knife in roughly 95 out of 100 cases. Men use those weapons or their fists at a comparable rate.
In most of these instances, a spouse is blinded by rage while committing the deadly act, often later regretted.
But in the margins of those numbers the exceptions to the statistical rules are the homicides that often make front page news cases like those of Scott Peterson, Christian Longo, Pam Smart and Ruth Snyder.
For each of them, a marriage had gone sour, but none considered divorce a viable option.
Why? In a word: money.
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_...
All very interesting and I am afraid, too common. I have a friend that was in a horrible marriage. It was so bad that the kids begged her to leave their own father. At the time, she didn't think she could financially leave. She did eventually muster up her nerve and take herself and her children out of a bad situation with little to no hope for improvement.
Hopeful

United States

#81677 Mar 7, 2013
Really silverado? Not sure why done choose to overlook this. But I REFUSE to overlook this! I am not going away.
Dawg

Granger, IN

#81678 Mar 7, 2013
nandoo wrote:
Good Morning!
If I were Karen's mother I wouldnt tell what I knew on Nancy Grace either. I watched and I got the sense she was only saying what needed to be said. I never took it as she didnt know, I took it as she wasnt telling. Guarded as she should have been.
As for the boys being upset...of course they are! Their mother is gone and the last thing they want is to lose their dad.
Pray for them!
J4K
Good morning.
Here's an article about pensions and divorces....

Did you know that, in general, retirement assets earned during a marriage are marital property in the same way that a house and a savings account are? This applies to:

&#9642; pension benefits earned during a marriage;

&#9642; retirement savings accounts that were funded during a marriage; and

&#9642; the earnings on these accounts that accumulated during the marriage.

http://www.pensionrights.org/blog/pension-ear...

--Unreal 1---

“I AM YOUR OWN PERSONAL JESUS !”

Since: Feb 13

NEXT DOOR TO YOU

#81679 Mar 7, 2013
Queue wrote:
<quoted text>
That is right, be proud of your boy friend.

Way to go

--Unreal 1---

“I AM YOUR OWN PERSONAL JESUS !”

Since: Feb 13

NEXT DOOR TO YOU

#81680 Mar 7, 2013
silver silverado wrote:
This is addressed to the ones who claims they care about Karen's memory: if you did you wouldn't post on topix, you would respect her childrens wishes, you would wait to see what evidence the district attorney and other agencies have on the victim's murder, and lastly you wouldn't provoke the trolls on here.
Please stop posting.
I agree with you

Dawg

Granger, IN

#81681 Mar 7, 2013
This handbook presents basic information about the
pension rights of women upon divorce. It is meant to answer the questions women going through divorce
most frequently ask about pensions. The book is
aimed at divorcing women because they have been
more likely than men to lose out on retirement
benefits after a marriage ends.
Although major reforms in the laws over the last few years have given new pension protections to
homemakers, it is still difficult, in many cases, to get information about all the new rules and regulations,and to learn what you have to do to get your share of a pension. This handbook has been written to help you educate yourself about the laws and how they affect you.

http://www.pensionrights.org/pubs/books/divor...
Dawg

Granger, IN

#81682 Mar 7, 2013
Why You Need a Share of Your Husband's
Pension
Many married women assume that their husband's
pension plan will take care of both of them at
retirement. But divorce can change the picture - you may lose the benefits of your husband's plan both during his lifetime and after he dies.
A wife who has worked in the home for most of her
marriage is likely to have no pension of her own and not enough marketable skills or working years left to earn an adequate pension benefit. Wives who have been employed outside the home during marriage
can't always depend on earning a secure retirement
income, either. Working at low- paid jobs or jobs
without pension plans, or taking time off to care for children, translates into meager retirement benefits for many women in their old age. Although most women eventually receive social security, their average social security retirement benefit of about $500 a month is not enough to live on comfortably. If you divorce, it is essential that you protect your rights to a share of your ex-husband’s
retirement benefits.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#81683 Mar 7, 2013
Dawg wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning.
Here's an article about pensions and divorces....
Did you know that, in general, retirement assets earned during a marriage are marital property in the same way that a house and a savings account are? This applies to:
&#9642; pension benefits earned during a marriage;
&#9642; retirement savings accounts that were funded during a marriage; and
&#9642; the earnings on these accounts that accumulated during the marriage.
http://www.pensionrights.org/blog/pension-ear...
I did not know this. Actually I have never given any of this any thought.
I suppose that means there was more to lose or divide in the divorce.
Really sad if this is the case and money became the deciding factor between life and death.
Dawg

Granger, IN

#81684 Mar 7, 2013
nandoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not know this. Actually I have never given any of this any thought.
I suppose that means there was more to lose or divide in the divorce.
Really sad if this is the case and money became the deciding factor between life and death.
Oh, Nandoo, a divorce was going to be financially debilitating to the "breadwinner". Marital assets go way beyond splitting up household items.
I'll have to research Social Security benefits, but I believe a "breadwinner" would also have to share those funds in a divorce, too.
Current laws provide for the homemaker and stay-at-home mother. It is recognized that homemakers and mothers make a viable contribution to the success of the "breadwinner".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking this morning 19 min Guest 5
blonde girl at store on gordan 21 min king t 1
“sheeple,” described 78% of you red state voters 49 min joe 16
Andrew Jackson the watermelon man 53 min guest 3
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 2 hr Alex Nicole 4,999
0.7% Growth In First Quarter – Slowest Growth I... 5 hr Amazed 5
McDonald's out of Walmart 6 hr Martha Faye 24
Carlee Myers on mobile patrol 11 hr Karma 12
Who hung them self last night? Fri Izzy-_- 25

Dyersburg Jobs