Search for Missing Karen Swift
get a grip

Little Rock, AR

#79113 Feb 6, 2013
The real ummmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>This comment really bothers me. I think this comment is trying to say the whole family killed Karen on both sides.
This one right here, you sorry @ss pos.

United States

#79114 Feb 6, 2013
Dawg wrote:
<quoted text>
I know.....
This is random, but something just came to me a few minutes ago while looking at google maps. We have been told that Karen's phone pinged at the river. It dawned on me that the river would be the lowest elevation around because of the bluffs that run along that area. So I looked around and guess where the cell tower is "at the river"? Right across the road from the big cross at Bledsoe cemetery.
We don't know where and when Karen's phones were recovered, but we've been told that the phone pinged at 5am and that information would have come from the cellphone carrier.
This is where I become unclear. Where does the information come from that specifically mentions Karen's phone pinged at the river? That simply meant that the phone pinged at the tower across the road from the cross.
I know I'm asking the wrong person, but my next question is; where is the next closest tower to the Swift home? What tower would any of the Swifts or their neighbors ping off of?
Just wondering if there's a closer tower than the one "at the river".
I am not sure where the information about the phone pinging at the river originated. The activity at the river off great river road was because of clothing being discovered not the phone pinging.
get a grip

Little Rock, AR

#79115 Feb 6, 2013
guest....Where did you read the tower was Great River Road?

It's a long way from "at the river."
Dawg

Granger, IN

#79116 Feb 6, 2013
get a grip wrote:
Dawg...i am nearly 100% certain that the tower you mentioned is the one "at the river." The Obion River is in very close proximity to the tower, the cemetery AND Willie Johnson Rd. Any other towers "at the river" would be farther away rather than closer to the cemetery or Karen's home. Good info regarding phone batteries as well.
Thank you. And I agree.
Thanks for ignoring the stupid stuff.
Just so you DO know

Jonesboro, AR

#79117 Feb 7, 2013
The real ummmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>This comment really bothers me. I think this comment is trying to say the whole family killed Karen on both sides.
How can you be so stupid. This was in direct answer to someone who said David and the Swifts had not given up on finding Karen's killer. This answer says neither have the Johnsons. Oh please just go back and read. You are more foolish than I even thought.

Jackson, TN

#79118 Feb 7, 2013
The real ummmmmmm wrote:
I DO NOT believe for one second you are a long lost cousin of Jeff's. I do know if you were my cousin and you make all these stupid and childess comments I would be so embarrassed of you!!
Dawg

Granger, IN

#79119 Feb 7, 2013
Hmmmmm, uh, anyone got a link about clothes being found at the river?
TIA.
Dawg

Granger, IN

#79120 Feb 7, 2013
get a grip wrote:
Dawg...i am nearly 100% certain that the tower you mentioned is the one "at the river." The Obion River is in very close proximity to the tower, the cemetery AND Willie Johnson Rd. Any other towers "at the river" would be farther away rather than closer to the cemetery or Karen's home. Good info regarding phone batteries as well.
I kind of had it figured that way, but had to ask. So, when it's said that Karen's phones pinged at the river, they really mean that the phones pinged at the cemetery. If her cell phones were found in her vehicle, they would ping "at the river". If her cell phones were hidden somewhere in the home, they would ping "at the river".
This is really no big deal other than where the phones pinged at when someone says, "at the river".
I had noticed that odd go-to-hell in the middle of the field across from the cemetery, but I didn't put two and two together until last night.
We're asked to believe that a fingerprint was found on Karen's phone battery, insinuating that the battery had been taken out and put back in by the perp, to possibly hide or disguise the actual whereabouts of the phones when in reality the phones would have pinged "at the river" whether they updated at the cemetery, the home or on Millsfield highway or anywhere in between.
Just a thinking

United States

#79122 Feb 7, 2013
Dawg wrote:
<quoted text>
I kind of had it figured that way, but had to ask. So, when it's said that Karen's phones pinged at the river, they really mean that the phones pinged at the cemetery. If her cell phones were found in her vehicle, they would ping "at the river". If her cell phones were hidden somewhere in the home, they would ping "at the river".
This is really no big deal other than where the phones pinged at when someone says, "at the river".
I had noticed that odd go-to-hell in the middle of the field across from the cemetery, but I didn't put two and two together until last night.
We're asked to believe that a fingerprint was found on Karen's phone battery, insinuating that the battery had been taken out and put back in by the perp, to possibly hide or disguise the actual whereabouts of the phones when in reality the phones would have pinged "at the river" whether they updated at the cemetery, the home or on Millsfield highway or anywhere in between.
How do we know as fact there is a finger print?
Just a thinking

United States

#79123 Feb 7, 2013
This scenario has never been discussed here on this thread--that Karen stumbled upon something illegal and confronted someone she trusted--

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#79125 Feb 7, 2013
Just a thinking wrote:
This scenario has never been discussed here on this thread--that Karen stumbled upon something illegal and confronted someone she trusted--
I believe that in the beginning Ginger floated that. The problem with that is she put her pjs on and went to bed at 130 or 2 in the morning.. What would she get dressed and leave for...to confront a "friend" who was involved? I can't see that. What would make you think it?
Dawg

Granger, IN

#79126 Feb 7, 2013
Just a thinking wrote:
<quoted text>How do we know as fact there is a finger print?
Because someone posted it.
We all know that Topix posters wouldn't post anything that's not true. Right?
Queue

Maryland Heights, MO

#79127 Feb 7, 2013
Yes....the "stumbled upon something illegal..." was an item on the "motive buffet" layed out by "Ginger". However, now that it is being brought up again in combo with what R.I.T. stated above makes one think maybe that "stumble upon" didn't have to be anywhere but in "her own back yard" (using the words that "Ginger" used) and the person "she confronted" possibly have been as close as that?
Thinking too

Longview, TX

#79128 Feb 7, 2013
I am seeing clearer now with dawgs explanation. Could the "ping at the river" mean the obion river...the obion is near the cemetery and so is the phone tower.

Regarding the fingerprint on the battery...well i am of the opinion that the "ping" at 5 was an update because of battery replacement and a critical mistake for the perp. Don't think that update was anticipated.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#79129 Feb 7, 2013
I have been trying to post from my phone and topic wont let me. Any ideas?
Queue

Maryland Heights, MO

#79130 Feb 7, 2013
Thinking too wrote:
I am seeing clearer now with dawgs explanation. Could the "ping at the river" mean the obion river...the obion is near the cemetery and so is the phone tower.
Regarding the fingerprint on the battery...well i am of the opinion that the "ping" at 5 was an update because of battery replacement and a critical mistake for the perp. Don't think that update was anticipated.
I agree. Once it was public way back then, that there was "activity" on her phone at 5:00 am, "Ginger" et al began saying it was Karen making a call at 5:00 am from then on. I and others had stated that it could've been an "update" on the phone that triggered "activity" for reasons of it possibly being turned off then back on again, removal of battery then inserted again, someone else making a call then, etc....all to throw LE off. I've turned my phone off by accident many times and when I turn it back on it "updates".
Just a thinking

United States

#79131 Feb 7, 2013
Really in Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that in the beginning Ginger floated that. The problem with that is she put her pjs on and went to bed at 130 or 2 in the morning.. What would she get dressed and leave for...to confront a "friend" who was involved? I can't see that. What would make you think it?
I never stated she left the house by her free will.

“Justice to KSwift and Holly”

Location hidden

#79132 Feb 7, 2013
If you go to the bottom of the hill at the Obion River, then you'll lose reception with a cell phone.

“Justice to KSwift and Holly”

Location hidden

#79133 Feb 7, 2013
Just a thinking wrote:
<quoted text>I never stated she left the house by her free will.
Are you the woman killer? Are you the one I've been looking for?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#79134 Feb 7, 2013
SMH~ OMG!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Trump really God? 49 min Chopperblades Redoux 9
Karen S. 3 hr Following 140
Not one day 9 hr Platform left me ... 30
If it's been a year or more 9 hr Platform left 4dead 3
Is there a Muslim working at our Kroger? 12 hr Realist 28
Sh*t hole cities A-Z 14 hr Kindigarden Teacher 8
City and County Government 17 hr Pedro 16

Dyersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance