Plz do the right thing

United States

#78788 Jan 30, 2013
Dawg wrote:
<quoted text>
The registered accounts go on and on and on. They tend to have a theme, if you ask me. Not always, but too much to be just a coincidence. We may have to learn how to talk through all the characters and ignore the nonsense as much as we can.
If my memory is still intact, the next 'anniversary' in the case is quickly coming up. That would be Karen's funeral. I don't know the exact date, but it would be easy to find. I would find it fitting to make an arrest on that day.
I've been having my doubts lately about Dyer County. Or, maybe Tennessee as a whole. I know when my dad suggested we keep our mouths shut when it was obvious the wicked stepmonster had been poisoning us, and said, "we'll take her out in the woods and put a bullet in her head". He was serious. It was like he felt that the law would turn a blind eye to her disappearance. Some parts of Tennessee are in their own little world.
I'm not losing faith, totally, but I'm getting a little impatient too.
Feb 11

“Kneeled before my Master”

Since: Dec 12

after 5

#78789 Jan 30, 2013
Maddy_ O_ Fool wrote:
Woooohoooo!!!!
Looking like a family reunion on here.
Welcome, welcome, welcome and hugs all around.
You look interesting enough.
Dawg

Indianapolis, IN

#78790 Jan 30, 2013
MF-er Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
is that daddy also an asst football coach or someone who video's football games, NOAH weather spotter, volunteer fireman in Troy?
Personally, I think all that info is a ruse. The person behind the ummmm persona made that stuff up, but could very well be the life of a real person who has never posted on topix and probably never will.
With the information you have posted, it wouldn't be hard to track that person down. Let me assure you that ummmm has a topix reputation that would have caused someone to have tracked him/her down by now. You said before that you knew who ummm was. Do you?
Dawg

Indianapolis, IN

#78792 Jan 30, 2013
Plz do the right thing wrote:
<quoted text>
Feb 11
TY

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#78793 Jan 30, 2013
From the Huffington Post 11/9/11. This is before everyone stopped making statements to the press. This keeps going back to a domestic homicide, I just don't see anything else.

On Friday, another friend of Swift's, Carrie Engelhardt, told The Huffington Post that Swift had picked her daughter up from a Halloween party around 1:30 a.m. that day because her daughter was not feeling well.

"She went to bed with her daughter, and when the girl woke up around 6 a.m., her mother was gone," Engelhardt said.

Authorities have conducted multiple searches in and around the area where the vehicle was recovered. Those searches continued Wednesday.

"Today they are conducting aerial searches with helicopters," Jane said. "They have brought in some topographical experts to study the lay of the land because it is very rural. They are trying to get all the help they can from outside resources because they are not as equipped as a larger area would be."

On Oct. 11, 44-year-old Swift filed for divorce from her husband, David Swift, citing irreconcilable differences. Though they were divorcing, they still lived together.

"Their relationship was pretty volatile," Jane said. "She wanted to leave with the kids and start over. She wouldn't leave her kids behind. That was the only reason she was still in that marriage. She wanted them to have a stable environment until she got all her stuff together."

"It's so bizarre," Jane added. "She filed for divorce and then disappeared. I don't believe that coincidences like that happen, but they could. You never know. Something obviously happened to her."
Dawg

Indianapolis, IN

#78794 Jan 30, 2013
Really in Texas wrote:
From the Huffington Post 11/9/11. This is before everyone stopped making statements to the press. This keeps going back to a domestic homicide, I just don't see anything else.
On Friday, another friend of Swift's, Carrie Engelhardt, told The Huffington Post that Swift had picked her daughter up from a Halloween party around 1:30 a.m. that day because her daughter was not feeling well.
"She went to bed with her daughter, and when the girl woke up around 6 a.m., her mother was gone," Engelhardt said.
Authorities have conducted multiple searches in and around the area where the vehicle was recovered. Those searches continued Wednesday.
"Today they are conducting aerial searches with helicopters," Jane said. "They have brought in some topographical experts to study the lay of the land because it is very rural. They are trying to get all the help they can from outside resources because they are not as equipped as a larger area would be."
On Oct. 11, 44-year-old Swift filed for divorce from her husband, David Swift, citing irreconcilable differences. Though they were divorcing, they still lived together.
"Their relationship was pretty volatile," Jane said. "She wanted to leave with the kids and start over. She wouldn't leave her kids behind. That was the only reason she was still in that marriage. She wanted them to have a stable environment until she got all her stuff together."
"It's so bizarre," Jane added. "She filed for divorce and then disappeared. I don't believe that coincidences like that happen, but they could. You never know. Something obviously happened to her."
Reporters make it a habit of searching out anyone and everyone connected with a heinous crime before investigators get a firm grip on the case and stifle the information getting out to the general public and perp.
I tend to give the friends close to a victim credit for knowing more than the average person in the community. Their initial reaction is rather truthful and hasn't been contaminated by community gossip.
Lastly, it's information like this that makes it legally possible for us to draw conclusions, right or wrong and speculate about David Swift. Law enforcement have all but named him as their POI. DS's reaction speaks volumes. I'm still wondering if he can round up the money that his defense will cost.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#78795 Jan 30, 2013
Dawg wrote:
<quoted text>
The registered accounts go on and on and on. They tend to have a theme, if you ask me. Not always, but too much to be just a coincidence. We may have to learn how to talk through all the characters and ignore the nonsense as much as we can.
If my memory is still intact, the next 'anniversary' in the case is quickly coming up. That would be Karen's funeral. I don't know the exact date, but it would be easy to find. I would find it fitting to make an arrest on that day.
I've been having my doubts lately about Dyer County. Or, maybe Tennessee as a whole. I know when my dad suggested we keep our mouths shut when it was obvious the wicked stepmonster had been poisoning us, and said, "we'll take her out in the woods and put a bullet in her head". He was serious. It was like he felt that the law would turn a blind eye to her disappearance. Some parts of Tennessee are in their own little world.
I'm not losing faith, totally, but I'm getting a little impatient too.
Like JM said, it really is true that when you use your cell and cant see everything, it is very easy to pick the voices out of a crowd! It is a matter of wading through because I will be darned if someone (or ones) with the mentality of a 7th grader will run me off. Karen matters more than their pathetic baloney, and she have justice.

On another note, Dawg, I am so sorry that you have had so much to overcome from childhood. I believe that those things that shape us tend to bring out the extremes in us, I am very grateful that your extreme is on the light side and not the dark. You broke the cycle, that speaks volumes about your character to me. God bless you.

“Justice to KSwift and Holly”

Since: Feb 12

And Curtis

#78796 Jan 30, 2013
Dawg wrote:
<quoted text>
The registered accounts go on and on and on. They tend to have a theme, if you ask me. Not always, but too much to be just a coincidence. We may have to learn how to talk through all the characters and ignore the nonsense as much as we can.
If my memory is still intact, the next 'anniversary' in the case is quickly coming up. That would be Karen's funeral. I don't know the exact date, but it would be easy to find. I would find it fitting to make an arrest on that day.
I've been having my doubts lately about Dyer County. Or, maybe Tennessee as a whole. I know when my dad suggested we keep our mouths shut when it was obvious the wicked stepmonster had been poisoning us, and said, "we'll take her out in the woods and put a bullet in her head". He was serious. It was like he felt that the law would turn a blind eye to her disappearance. Some parts of Tennessee are in their own little world.
I'm not losing faith, totally, but I'm getting a little impatient too.
Dawg if you think I have all of these email accounts, then you are crazy. I only barely keep up with the one I have now. Geeezzzzee!!
Queue

Florissant, MO

#78797 Jan 30, 2013
Maddy_ O_ Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Montique, good to see ya holdin' down the fort!
Stayin' warm 'n toasty?
Hey S. Nope...actually freezing my tail off. LOL! BTW...its Monique...no t. ;)
Queue

Florissant, MO

#78798 Jan 30, 2013
Loli-pop wrote:
<quoted text>
You look interesting enough.
You look like some "pale faced" masked woman. We have some questions for you.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#78799 Jan 30, 2013
Hi all! Witcherin,good to see you!:)

I agree about the one who posts as many has one central voice if you will. When you are on a cell or tablet you cant see any icons etc. And its easier to spot.

Im just wading through to we discuss Karen. Unless we hear of anyrhing new it's hard. I want to hear it from a news source, though!
Plz do the right thing

Searcy, AR

#78800 Jan 30, 2013
Oh yeah mik, you don't have red hair. You have blond hair.

“Justice to KSwift and Holly”

Since: Feb 12

And Curtis

#78801 Jan 30, 2013
Let me address sheriff situation:

I am not Jeff. I am his cousin. Jeff doesn't care about topix, the media, nor any blogger sites. Jeff is a good sheriff. He isn't corrupt, nor does he lies, and he has put his devoted time into this case making this his top priority. Day in and day out. He hasn't leaked out any info about this case. I haven't leaked out anything as well. I am not all of these posters as some think. So, I will say that I have changed my mind about a woman doing this crime. That is my opinion.
Dawg

Indianapolis, IN

#78802 Jan 30, 2013
Really in Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Like JM said, it really is true that when you use your cell and cant see everything, it is very easy to pick the voices out of a crowd! It is a matter of wading through because I will be darned if someone (or ones) with the mentality of a 7th grader will run me off. Karen matters more than their pathetic baloney, and she have justice.
On another note, Dawg, I am so sorry that you have had so much to overcome from childhood. I believe that those things that shape us tend to bring out the extremes in us, I am very grateful that your extreme is on the light side and not the dark. You broke the cycle, that speaks volumes about your character to me. God bless you.
Well thank you RiT. You, too, have spoken from experience and whether that is appreciated by some or not, I appreciate hearing your opinion about this case.
I know I'm very opinionated but feel that I'm fair at the same time. That's my intentions, anyway.
One thing that you have always stood with me about is how divorces are generally settled when children and common assets are involved. The media really beat the drum over Karen continuing to live in the home after filing for divorce. I think the old adage, "Posession is nine tenths of the law" applies here. She had no intentions of taking her children into strange surroundings. Whether she agreed to allow David to stay in the house is debatable. I tend to believe that he agreed to leave, but then reneged once Karen and the girls returned from their trip. But even the reneging wasn't going to change how the terms of the divorce was going to turn out. Again, I'm speaking in general terms. None of us will ever know what the terms of the divorce would have turned out to be. Something happened that suddenly caused the divorce to become moot.
To me, it's obvious. Karen was murdered over greed and jealousy.
Dawg

Indianapolis, IN

#78803 Jan 30, 2013
Mrstea wrote:
Hi all! Witcherin,good to see you!:)
I agree about the one who posts as many has one central voice if you will. When you are on a cell or tablet you cant see any icons etc. And its easier to spot.
Im just wading through to we discuss Karen. Unless we hear of anyrhing new it's hard. I want to hear it from a news source, though!
I'm not that quick. I had to go back and read posts over before it became obvious that one poster was posing as several. It's easier to pick out now, but that's hardly a consolation to the idea that someone would go to so much effort to control the content of the conversation, or even troll a thread about a murdered mom of four.
You have always been upfront with your opinion on this case and I appreciate your posts too. You just can't beat common sense.

“Justice to KSwift and Holly”

Since: Feb 12

And Curtis

#78804 Jan 30, 2013
Dawg wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thank you RiT. You, too, have spoken from experience and whether that is appreciated by some or not, I appreciate hearing your opinion about this case.
I know I'm very opinionated but feel that I'm fair at the same time. That's my intentions, anyway.
One thing that you have always stood with me about is how divorces are generally settled when children and common assets are involved. The media really beat the drum over Karen continuing to live in the home after filing for divorce. I think the old adage, "Posession is nine tenths of the law" applies here. She had no intentions of taking her children into strange surroundings. Whether she agreed to allow David to stay in the house is debatable. I tend to believe that he agreed to leave, but then reneged once Karen and the girls returned from their trip. But even the reneging wasn't going to change how the terms of the divorce was going to turn out. Again, I'm speaking in general terms. None of us will ever know what the terms of the divorce would have turned out to be. Something happened that suddenly caused the divorce to become moot.
To me, it's obvious. Karen was murdered over greed and jealousy.
Hiding in them there damn bushes again.
Dawg

Indianapolis, IN

#78805 Jan 30, 2013
A California Howdy comes to mind.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#78806 Jan 30, 2013
Dawg wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thank you RiT. You, too, have spoken from experience and whether that is appreciated by some or not, I appreciate hearing your opinion about this case.
I know I'm very opinionated but feel that I'm fair at the same time. That's my intentions, anyway.
One thing that you have always stood with me about is how divorces are generally settled when children and common assets are involved. The media really beat the drum over Karen continuing to live in the home after filing for divorce. I think the old adage, "Posession is nine tenths of the law" applies here. She had no intentions of taking her children into strange surroundings. Whether she agreed to allow David to stay in the house is debatable. I tend to believe that he agreed to leave, but then reneged once Karen and the girls returned from their trip. But even the reneging wasn't going to change how the terms of the divorce was going to turn out. Again, I'm speaking in general terms. None of us will ever know what the terms of the divorce would have turned out to be. Something happened that suddenly caused the divorce to become moot.
To me, it's obvious. Karen was murdered over greed and jealousy.
I thought DS not leaving the home and starting the support at the time of separation was a very good example of just who he is. No going peacefully and putting the kids first for David. I do believe that it came down to control...DS could not stand the idea that Karen was moving on and taking the best parts of his life with her. How dare she???? He wasn't giving her money (even though adults know the support is for the children, not the mom), he was not going to watch her blossom with the new friends they had made when they moved there, friends that chose her, and he certainly was not going to let her date. The more determined Karen became, the more impotent David was...he could not let that stand. I don't know that I think it is premeditated, but I believe the rage behind it was brewing for a long time. Karen was right to be afraid.

“Justice to KSwift and Holly”

Since: Feb 12

And Curtis

#78807 Jan 30, 2013
Really in Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought DS not leaving the home and starting the support at the time of separation was a very good example of just who he is. No going peacefully and putting the kids first for David. I do believe that it came down to control...DS could not stand the idea that Karen was moving on and taking the best parts of his life with her. How dare she???? He wasn't giving her money (even though adults know the support is for the children, not the mom), he was not going to watch her blossom with the new friends they had made when they moved there, friends that chose her, and he certainly was not going to let her date. The more determined Karen became, the more impotent David was...he could not let that stand. I don't know that I think it is premeditated, but I believe the rage behind it was brewing for a long time. Karen was right to be afraid.
Male that a double pair hiding in the bushes.

“Justice to KSwift and Holly”

Since: Feb 12

And Curtis

#78808 Jan 30, 2013
What were you two doing while listening day in and day out in those bushes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 4 min impulses 3,635
R reagan WORST pres EVER for work folks 8 min Andy 19
Teabaggers dropping like flies 20 min Andy 16
Dyersburg Animal Shelter accusations of neglect 25 min pet lover 1
not so divine salon 25 min teresa 8
midway bar (Feb '13) 30 min blueberry shooters 36
deLeted ThreAds 40 min six pack 33
Dyersubrg City Mayor Poll 4 hr Tammy 313
its not about a duck, dog, or a child 5 hr Concerned Citisen 38
LongHorn Steak house in Dyersburg ! 20 hr Guest 30
Plamer law firm Thu FUNNY 5

Dyersburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dyersburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]