Search for Missing Karen Swift
concernedcitizen

Burlison, TN

#7211 Dec 27, 2011
guest wrote:
I also heard condition of skull. As well as many other locals. But I don't know for fact. But where it come from was respectable person. That would probably know.
you are right...it has already been out for some time, just most people don't know about it...thought i am being accused of leaking "classified" information as if i work for the police or something
stormy weather

Dyersburg, TN

#7212 Dec 27, 2011
DarkOrbit wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess you've never heard of a "cover story". How bout he might have been trying to throw the investigation off? LMBO
Those are the best words you have used on this topic.
Either people don't know how schemeing dyer county is with those in crimes, and how they conspire in this place , I can give so many examples : BUT WON'T! Knowing you do not like my sermons. but living them , is something you just don't forget.

If Dyer County people know anything they know how to lie and cover up the truth, that is ALL.
For someone not raised around people that do these cover ups, to save their ass in court it is a shock to them.
Assuming is one thing, I was hoping karen would have lived top tell the truth, now I hope someone nails the one that did the crime, like they did scott peterson. but knowing dyer county and people and law and those in power, if anyone they know is involved , you can bet on LIES AND COVER UP, AND THOSE THAT WILL PURPOSELY TRY TO THROW ANYTHING IN LIES TO COVER UP THE TRUTH.

Even in murder.
ValleyPeach

Hibbing, MN

#7213 Dec 27, 2011
Nativegrl wrote:
I know that it takes a very techo-savvy person to avoid detection when it comes to IP numbers, so I agree. 99.9% would be eventually detected/traced.
But then there's always the poster that goes miles away to say a Kinkos and goes inside to use a paid computer there.
Sure there are cameras everywhere, but people wear hoodies and other things so not everyone can be id'd.
Here in Memphis local Kinkos are so busy that no one notices who comes and goes.
It is most probable that over the holiday, a worker from the ME office or one involved in the removal of Karen's earthly remains spoke "out of turn".
It's 100% wrong but happens all the time.
I agree, native girl. no one is disputing this leak. what is objectionable is someone who heard the leak, knows it is confidential and opens her mouth anyway. Just so she can show how much she knows. That is not cool, anyone with a brain would know it's not cool.
Sure maybe this was also batted around the local cafes, as theory. Big difference. anyone who repeats a known leak on a case is not thinking about the victim or the family. only herself.
all you smart folks

Cunningham, KY

#7214 Dec 27, 2011
bring them own maybe then they will listen to what people are trying to tell them. It sure does not seem that they are following anything right now. I have not seen anyone slander anyone on here all they have done is throw out some good things to question. I doubt anything that has been said on this site would be anything that they want to bother with. After all it has been said over and over for weeks now.
Nativegrl

Memphis, TN

#7215 Dec 27, 2011
guessed wrote:
Not from the area, just have enjoyed the discussion in an interesting case.
Just letting people know everything is recorded down to the hundreth of a second for evey IP.
Just remeber a VERY stunned man who was writing things on a discussion board on a Monday night and the police were at his home the following afternoon...
I agree because most casual posters never even think about their IP.

I lived for several years in Dyersburg when it was very small.
In my opinion, liquor by the drink is really what helped it grow and brought in a lot of new restaurants and such.

(just for you "older" locals, for instance, I can still remember the Olivers that owned the little Big Star and that goes back a long way).

New people have helped Dyersburg to grow.
It is not the little barney fife town of Lanier any more.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#7216 Dec 27, 2011
guessed wrote:
Not from the area, just have enjoyed the discussion in an interesting case.

Just letting people know everything is recorded down to the hundreth of a second for evey IP.

Just remeber a VERY stunned man who was writing things on a discussion board on a Monday night and the police were at his home the following afternoon...
What on earth could have been posted on an Internet forum that would warrant Police to come to your home?
Nativegrl

Memphis, TN

#7217 Dec 27, 2011
Wolfscratch Glenn Adams wrote:
<quoted text>
Nativegirl, are you presently a Mortician or Funeral Director?
WS
Fortunately now retired.
Tennessee requires dual licensing as both a mortician and director.
When I got my license we had to embalm 10 cases per year to stay current.
I worked as a funeral director for many years.
Living in Memphis I have literally seen it all.

Location hidden

#7218 Dec 27, 2011
Nutters wrote:
<quoted text>I find it odd that people always steer this back to David and the Bonas.
Well, they were the closest people in her life at the time of her death. Nothing odd about it. It's more odd for people to assume it was the owner of McD's or a stranger.
concernedcitizen

Burlison, TN

#7219 Dec 27, 2011
ValleyPeach wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, native girl. no one is disputing this leak. what is objectionable is someone who heard the leak, knows it is confidential and opens her mouth anyway. Just so she can show how much she knows. That is not cool, anyone with a brain would know it's not cool.
Sure maybe this was also batted around the local cafes, as theory. Big difference. anyone who repeats a known leak on a case is not thinking about the victim or the family. only herself.
don't presume to know me valley girl....you are just getting aggravated with me that's all and it is showing...you just assume when i said city i meant someone who works in the city....you know what they about people who ASSUME something...let it go, it's getting you no where...it has already been mentioned once by someone else that they knew about it...so let it go, honey, go have a cup of coffee and chill...no one is out to get you
ummmmmmm

Mayfield, KY

#7220 Dec 27, 2011
guest wrote:
I also heard condition of skull. As well as many other locals. But I don't know for fact. But where it come from was respectable person. That would probably know.
Maybe, I need to call channel 13, 5, 3, 7, state gazzette, Nancy Grace, HLN, CNN, Fox News, channel 6, and 12, and report this. See if I can't force the media's hand to come on out about the condition of the body.
Just me

United States

#7221 Dec 27, 2011
"Just an FYI"...is this a typo or do you just not know better?
guessed wrote:
<quoted text>
Just an FYI. I have created and monitored discussion boards for years - not this one. Twice I was contacted by police for IP addresses and logs when someone posted something libelous. Within 24 hours of posting police and lawyers were rolling along and it became very ugly.

Location hidden

#7222 Dec 27, 2011
Someone1999 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, they were the closest people in her life at the time of her death. Nothing odd about it. It's more odd for people to assume it was the owner of McD's or a stranger.
Scares the hell out of me to think someone close to me would be the one to do that to me if it were to happen to me (statistically speaking). Absolutely horrid!!!
ummmmmmm

Mayfield, KY

#7223 Dec 27, 2011
Nutters wrote:
<quoted text>
What on earth could have been posted on an Internet forum that would warrant Police to come to your home?
well, they better come and get me, and everyone else that's posting on topix then. I'm pretty sure they will be a lot of people arrested in the U.S., if that's the case. Maybe over two to three million people going to court? Wow, that would be a lot of taxpayer money being wasted for sure.

Location hidden

#7224 Dec 27, 2011
ValleyPeach wrote:
<quoted text>serial killer. This possibility is being discussed elsewhere on the internet.

Not so sure about the Bona's. What would the motive be?
They were helping Karen out financially. Could be they wanted some sort of compensation in return that Karen was not comfortable with. And/or she threatened to spill secrets.
stormy weather

Dyersburg, TN

#7225 Dec 27, 2011
all you smart folks wrote:
none of this was new to him, he already knew what she was doing he was just waiting for the divorce but my guess was thinking as in the past they would make up and stay together. I think he was just going along with her wild streak to pass
maybe ? but if david did this, he also could have been buying time, for one reason or another.

How long was scott peterson going with his mistress , and lying to lacy? Some people buy time, to scheme and conspire to do evil, at that right time. I know that attorneys and judges know , everything in even a murder has to be well planned out and things done as dark orbit said to throw the investigation and a case .

I can give some examples , lived , BUT WON'T.
tnvol

Camden, SC

#7226 Dec 27, 2011
Nativegrl wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately now retired.
Bet you have! Used to be a killing a month then a killing a day now you can't keep up with up with it all on a daily basis. So sensless especially the drive-bys that kill innocent by-standers. I have daughter's working and living in the Memphis area and stay worried for them.
all you smart folks

Cunningham, KY

#7227 Dec 27, 2011
ummmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe, I need to call channel 13, 5, 3, 7, state gazzette, Nancy Grace, HLN, CNN, Fox News, channel 6, and 12, and report this. See if I can't force the media's hand to come on out about the condition of the body.
I agree maybe all of us need to push the new media to be forth coming with some type of info.

Location hidden

#7228 Dec 27, 2011
Nutters wrote:
<quoted text>Scares the hell out of me to think someone close to me would be the one to do that to me if it were to happen to me (statistically speaking). Absolutely horrid!!!
Me, too!

I sure don't know if it was one of them. I just think they probably for sure know more than they're telling.
guessed

Marlborough, MA

#7229 Dec 27, 2011
Nutters wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what reminded me of the incident.

The post was bad, but we were not talking about a murder case at all.

What was similar was that the person being discussed was VERY wealthy and prominent.

I received an email from a detective asking that I call the station asap. ASAP!

I also received an email from his lawyer saying I better cooperate ASAP!

I had the logs to them in an hour...

Also, be careful posting from work. I know someone who was terminated for posting something that caused a stir from his office computer during work hours.

“Public Safety: "Saving Lives"”

Since: Jul 11

Jasper, GA

#7230 Dec 27, 2011
Nativegrl wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately now retired.
I bet.. Memphis is very similar to Atlanta, Ga in many ways; specifically crime. From your experience, does the info revealed so far in this investigation create a plausible scenario in Karen Swifts murder in your mind?

Wolfscratch

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Develey Mustard 13 min Guest 1
Slum Lords of Dyersburg 33 min SlummyRummy 3
Dyer county drugs 1 hr Sandra 1
Confederate statue downtown 1 hr Luvdacoons 114
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 6 hr Alyssa76 11,081
OWNER OF McDONALDS THREATENED BURNETT (Nov '11) 6 hr Upset 82
Solar eclipse glasses you were gypt into buying... 8 hr You were gypt 1
Divorce? 9 hr inquiring 19
16 secret indictments 11 hr Moody 9

Dyersburg Jobs