Search for Missing Karen Swift
QUEUE

Florissant, MO

#70614 Oct 17, 2012
Ran across this during some "homework" tonight. Thought some might find it interesting.

"The defense wants to try to get out as much information as possible to instill reasonable doubt that there might be other people involved in this other than their client," said criminal law expert Leonard Birdsong, a professor at Barry University School of Law in Orlando, Fla.

"I haven't been involved in the investigation, but having done some defense work in my time, if you have something that might help you instill reasonable doubt, I would certainly try to float it," he said.

As for the autopsy report itself, it does not have to indicate a cause of death to be a strong piece of evidence in a murder trial, even if it is only one more piece of circumstantial evidence.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#70615 Oct 17, 2012
Ok just to cut the crap some of us are thinking of Karen and kids and friend and family. I am also thinking back.... I wouldn't have gone back out once I had my child home and my tire was leaking air.
A real storm chaser

United States

#70616 Oct 17, 2012
Ummmmmmm does not work for NOAA he has no authority to give out updates. Please Listen to your local radio station for updates.

“Justice to KSwift and Holly”

Location hidden

#70617 Oct 17, 2012
Looks like the threat is dying down now and passing on the east. We are going to stay out for about 45 more minutes.

Location hidden

#70618 Oct 17, 2012
Due to the storms around Dyersburg and Dyer Co. we are still going to stay out until it passes in about 45 minutes until it passes.

Location hidden

#70619 Oct 17, 2012
At 9:45 we have called it quits for the night. We dodged a bullet here in Dyer, Lake, and Lauderdale.
QUEUE

Florissant, MO

#70620 Oct 17, 2012
Cardinals win 3-1! 7 hour game due to rain delay.

Hellbilly 1

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#70621 Oct 17, 2012
I like to piss in cheerios.
guestt

United States

#70622 Oct 17, 2012
The real ummmmmmm wrote:
Just got a phone call from the NOAA confirming that we possibly could have a Severe Thunderstorm Watch for parts of the area. Everyone be careful out. If events warrants or changes, I will be here to let you know in advance.
Umx7 I have to tell you that this is the second or third time that you have called for a watch before even we know about them. I have never seen anyone like you when it comes to weather. On this comment you called a watch 5 hours ago, and I turned on the T.V. to see of we had a watch at this time and there wasn't. I waited a couple of hours later, and then we had a watch came out. You did this before, and told us that you could let us know of watches before they came out. Wow you were on the money on everything you report as well. I'll be watching when the next severe weather threat hits in the near future. Good job!

Tampa, FL

#70623 Oct 17, 2012
guestt wrote:
<quoted text>Umx7 I have to tell you that this is the second or third time that you have called for a watch before even we know about them. I have never seen anyone like you when it comes to weather. On this comment you called a watch 5 hours ago, and I turned on the T.V. to see of we had a watch at this time and there wasn't. I waited a couple of hours later, and then we had a watch came out. You did this before, and told us that you could let us know of watches before they came out. Wow you were on the money on everything you report as well. I'll be watching when the next severe weather threat hits in the near future. Good job!
OMG, how stupid can one person be? I guess he thinks we have a problem reading the weather alert on the upper right side of the page? You know, the weather alert that gives warnings BEFORE the idiot posts his "NOAA phone call"
And who in their right mind expects us to fall for all the self promotion he does under yet another fake name?
Does this idiot need a mental evaluation or does he just think everyone else is as stupid as he is?
An idiot by any other name is still ummmmmmmm the idiot.
guestt

United States

#70624 Oct 17, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, how stupid can one person be? I guess he thinks we have a problem reading the weather alert on the upper right side of the page? You know, the weather alert that gives warnings BEFORE the idiot posts his "NOAA phone call"
And who in their right mind expects us to fall for all the self promotion he does under yet another fake name?
Does this idiot need a mental evaluation or does he just think everyone else is as stupid as he is?
An idiot by any other name is still ummmmmmmm the idiot.
You are a stupid idiot. There wasn't no watches or warnings even posted yet when he made that comment about 6 hours ago. I looked every where on T.V. and the internet and also I know about the posting on the right side of the page and there weren't nothing at that time. You stupid idiot.
Lefty

United States

#70625 Oct 17, 2012
They had warnings out as early as 10 am u7m is a liar and a loser. Get a real job bum don't just go get ur check every month

United States

#70626 Oct 17, 2012
MF-er Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
it is rather secluded but rumors about town it is a well known meeting site.(for kids and others doing whatever?) but if one of the swifts cars' were there, who knows? they might be able to match it.
I have a friend who lives close to that cemetary and she says that body was not there all that time..She said any time an animal is killed, the birds and varmits are all around. It would have been very obvious that a body was there. Someone planted that body later..Someone who wanted that body found..There were plenty of places they could have placed the body and it would have never been found just in that area. Another heavy equipment operator said he came right through that area and went right over that area. He said, the body was not there.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#70627 Oct 18, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>I have a friend who lives close to that cemetary and she says that body was not there all that time..She said any time an animal is killed, the birds and varmits are all around. It would have been very obvious that a body was there. Someone planted that body later..Someone who wanted that body found..There were plenty of places they could have placed the body and it would have never been found just in that area. Another heavy equipment operator said he came right through that area and went right over that area. He said, the body was not there.
I had wondered about the animal activity before, if that would have drawn attention. The only problem though is that I thought they said the animals had gotten to her. That may have been something that was put here only, so just gossip, I don't know. As far as the heavy equipment guy, she was under the kudzu so I doubt he would have seen her.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#70628 Oct 18, 2012
QUEUE wrote:
Ran across this during some "homework" tonight. Thought some might find it interesting.
"The defense wants to try to get out as much information as possible to instill reasonable doubt that there might be other people involved in this other than their client," said criminal law expert Leonard Birdsong, a professor at Barry University School of Law in Orlando, Fla.
"I haven't been involved in the investigation, but having done some defense work in my time, if you have something that might help you instill reasonable doubt, I would certainly try to float it," he said.
As for the autopsy report itself, it does not have to indicate a cause of death to be a strong piece of evidence in a murder trial, even if it is only one more piece of circumstantial evidence.
That is surely the feel that Farese gave in his interview in the spring. It felt like he was throwing things at the wall and hoping they stuck. It seems pretty distasteful to disparage the victim but he has used it before successfully, I guess this is his MO.
QUEUE

Maryland Heights, MO

#70629 Oct 18, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>I have a friend who lives close to that cemetary and she says that body was not there all that time..She said any time an animal is killed, the birds and varmits are all around. It would have been very obvious that a body was there. Someone planted that body later..Someone who wanted that body found..There were plenty of places they could have placed the body and it would have never been found just in that area. Another heavy equipment operator said he came right through that area and went right over that area. He said, the body was not there.
I think it was Box himself that said something to that effect right after she was found and that she wasn't killed where she was found.
QUEUE

Maryland Heights, MO

#70630 Oct 18, 2012
Really in Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
That is surely the feel that Farese gave in his interview in the spring. It felt like he was throwing things at the wall and hoping they stuck. It seems pretty distasteful to disparage the victim but he has used it before successfully, I guess this is his MO.
Not to mention the Ginger's and JSYWK's, etc. Glad they have their "secret forum" now that they post on so no one can see their trash. LOL!

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#70631 Oct 18, 2012
The real ummmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>Where is this new thread at?
It is behind the "at".
witcherin

Thackerville, OK

#70632 Oct 18, 2012
The real ummmmmmm wrote:
I announced that about two hours ago, but I knew we were going to have some watch before the day was over.
Do you work for NOAA?
witcherin

Thackerville, OK

#70633 Oct 18, 2012
A real storm chaser wrote:
Ummmmmmm does not work for NOAA he has no authority to give out updates. Please Listen to your local radio station for updates.
Thx, you answered my question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Confederate statue downtown 9 min Volunteerstate 72
Melissa Burns 10 min User 1
you may not be my first choice 11 min part time hubby 3
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 1 hr Chopperblades Redoux 11,076
solar eclipse 2 hr Guest 2 6
Little men who wanna be big 7 hr Truth75 39
dyersburg country mart 7 hr Legendary 11
Hometown Urgent Care 15 hr Mama1 44

Dyersburg Jobs

More from around the web