Search for Missing Karen Swift
Emanon

Sioux City, IA

#70084 Oct 9, 2012
get a grip wrote:
The Interlopers thought my comment was mean. Awwww....
Now, to change the subject; I have always wondered about the two different reports concerning the location of the clothing. I admittedly am unsure if it was two different statements from the sheriff, or more of that "bad reporting" I mentioned a day or two ago. I tend to believe it was the latter.
I read back over some state gazette articles and I never could find where box mentioned any clothing...it was just referred to as evidence. I believe the latter also.
get a grip

Cedar Grove, TN

#70085 Oct 9, 2012
Really in Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening! Hope you are doing well GG, I imagine these last few days have been pretty dismal. You are in my thoughts.
I looked everywhere I could find today and the most popular quote came from her friend and it said in bushes near the car. Remembering that they found the clothes pretty quickly, I wonder if there was hair or some other dna on the clothes themselves. Do you think that is possible? It seems so calculated to have the foresight, in the midst of what must have been panic, to have grabbed spare clothes and hidden them near the car, or anywhere for that matter. Sure were alot of red herrings left behind.
Yes, RiT, I do think it is likely even, that hair and other DNA was found. Remember to think about the LACK of certain things.
<3

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#70086 Oct 9, 2012
Good evening, everyone!!

Yes, GG, it is "quite" LoL I'm almost afraid to speak for fear of offending!:-)

So 3 words tonite...J4K <3 Oh, and SOON!!!!
Mrs Tea

Malden, MA

#70087 Oct 9, 2012
Really in Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening! Hope you are doing well GG, I imagine these last few days have been pretty dismal. You are in my thoughts.
I looked everywhere I could find today and the most popular quote came from her friend and it said in bushes near the car. Remembering that they found the clothes pretty quickly, I wonder if there was hair or some other dna on the clothes themselves. Do you think that is possible? It seems so calculated to have the foresight, in the midst of what must have been panic, to have grabbed spare clothes and hidden them near the car, or anywhere for that matter. Sure were alot of red herrings left behind.
Hi to RIT and WIBIH ! nice to see you :)

Yes, i agree. They tested the clothes for dna, so they found something. What clean neatly folded clothes have dna on them? Does anyone remember they used her mom to do the dna testing?
Emanon

Sioux City, IA

#70088 Oct 9, 2012
get a grip wrote:
<quoted text>
Would it be different from state to state?
My thinking is that most states would be the same because of the IRS The exception might be Louisiana who have a different legal system.
Emanon

Sioux City, IA

#70089 Oct 9, 2012
Do Grand Juries meet on one particular day of the week or is it just random? Does anyone know?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#70090 Oct 9, 2012
get a grip wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, RiT, I do think it is likely even, that hair and other DNA was found. Remember to think about the LACK of certain things.
<3
And, JMO, but I have never thought (regardless who is responsible) that this was an act of premeditation. I think it was a sudden tragic moment that could never be taken back. Probably regretted the moment it was done. Doesn't make it any less wrong tho. And, the fact that she was thrown out just multiplied the act. When I think of the horror that those children went through, the agony of wondering, worrying and then knowing that she had been out there in that condition all that time it breaks my heart.
JMO
get a grip

Cedar Grove, TN

#70091 Oct 9, 2012
Watching17 wrote:
<quoted text> I didn't go tattle to anyone, I went out to supper with friends. I never posted to LW but I would have because Dawg was wrong yet again, in his assumption of what LW believes but was posting it as fact.
Ummmmmmm must be very powerful with lots of friends but I can only speak for myself he has never ask me for anything but he sure gets blamed for almost everything.
Dawg started this, I tried to end it on my part but he started it again. You need to talk to him about the situation.
Naw, I really don't. The "situation" as you call it, is really no big deal to me. Some posters seem to be taking the "situation" a little too seriously, JMO, naturally.

And whether or not you said something to the poster from another thread is no big deal to me either. Say what you like, but ummm gets blamed for what ummm says and does. I think most know that to be true. If not, they probably don't read the thread on a regular basis.

Now some want discuss the interesting questioned posed about the different statements regarding Karen's clothing. And some want to discuss Dawg blah blah blah. I'm perfectly willing to co-exist on the same thread.
Emanon

Sioux City, IA

#70092 Oct 9, 2012
get a grip wrote:
<quoted text>
It will be a year and a half or so on the Masters. I know it is so hard to tell by what one posts, but I am not overweight, lazy, or going through menopause, either!! lol
I hope there is some news about a suspect and arrest soon.
Halloween is almost here....it. Is hard to believe it will be a year. I had a friend ask me today if I thought it would every be resolved or if anyone would ever be arrested. I think we will have justice for Karen and I hope it til soon. Reading back over articles and. Seeing her pictures and how pretty and vibrant and sweet she looked"...It is hardeR and harder to Wait.
get a grip

Cedar Grove, TN

#70093 Oct 9, 2012
Re: grand jury

I cannot find any information as to how often they are convened. But if I read correctly, I think that any crime punishable by a year or more is a federal crime, and therefore a grand jury is federal also. I didn't read the whole thing though.

http://www.tnwd.uscourts.gov/pdf/content/Gran...

I got to the handbook from the link below, which I got to by googling Dyer County TN grand jury.

http://www.tnwd.uscourts.gov/juror-informatio...
Emanon

Sioux City, IA

#70094 Oct 9, 2012
Mrs Tea wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi to RIT and WIBIH ! nice to see you :)
Yes, i agree. They tested the clothes for dna, so they found something. What clean neatly folded clothes have dna on them? Does anyone remember they used her mom to do the dna testing?
I remember hearing from somewhere, can't say how credible, that the mother was used to provide a hairbrush maybe..? Or maybe other DNA? Again I think from other sources than our sheriff!!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#70095 Oct 9, 2012
get a grip wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, I really don't. The "situation" as you call it, is really no big deal to me. Some posters seem to be taking the "situation" a little too seriously, JMO, naturally.
And whether or not you said something to the poster from another thread is no big deal to me either. Say what you like, but ummm gets blamed for what ummm says and does. I think most know that to be true. If not, they probably don't read the thread on a regular basis.
Now some want discuss the interesting questioned posed about the different statements regarding Karen's clothing. And some want to discuss Dawg blah blah blah. I'm perfectly willing to co-exist on the same thread.
And, I just want to say in regards to something said last night. IMO, there's a difference in wanting to keep in touch with ones you've talked with and shared stories with for almost a year now..ones that you have come to consider friends even if it is via the internet ..there is a big difference in that and sending messages back and forth trying to figure out who certain posters are. And, before anyone gets offended, I'm not bashing anyone for using private messaging whatever the reasons may be. I just think there are different reasons. And,I don't see how it's a bad thing whatever anyone's reason might be. JMO

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#70096 Oct 9, 2012
Emanon wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember hearing from somewhere, can't say how credible, that the mother was used to provide a hairbrush maybe..? Or maybe other DNA? Again I think from other sources than our sheriff!!
Her mother's DNA was used for a match. I think that was just to make sure it was accurate without any doubt or reason for doubt.

“While I Breathe I Hope”

Since: Feb 12

Palestine, TX

#70097 Oct 9, 2012
Mrs Tea wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi to RIT and WIBIH ! nice to see you :)
Yes, i agree. They tested the clothes for dna, so they found something. What clean neatly folded clothes have dna on them? Does anyone remember they used her mom to do the dna testing?
Good evening to you too Mrs. Tea..nice to see you also. I also remember the issue over the clothes. Not sure what has been revealed has come from LE or word of mouth.I do remember the statement concerning the clothes found by the river one had to beleive them being found several days later and found so neatly placed had been planted. I also remember about the mother being dna tested because DS wouldn't give LE anything to test. I really don't know where that came from either. I think the Grandjury meets the 2nd week but not sure. I think if Obion Co. met this week then Dyer Co. should be next.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#70098 Oct 9, 2012
JusMe3 wrote:
<quoted text>
And, JMO, but I have never thought (regardless who is responsible) that this was an act of premeditation. I think it was a sudden tragic moment that could never be taken back. Probably regretted the moment it was done. Doesn't make it any less wrong tho. And, the fact that she was thrown out just multiplied the act. When I think of the horror that those children went through, the agony of wondering, worrying and then knowing that she had been out there in that condition all that time it breaks my heart.
JMO
That is so true, I shy away from thinking about the absolute terror of not knowing. Endless days of wondering if she is in pain, scared, alive...my mind refuses to wrap around it. To have this happen at the holidays and her remains found in the weeks before Christmas, it truly is the grace of God that anyone survives that kind of pain.

This Thursday marks a year since the divorce filing, 50 weeks since Karen was last seen. I am really counting on there being justice for her. Her family, all of them, deserve that.
Fact

United States

#70099 Oct 9, 2012
Emanon wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember hearing from somewhere, can't say how credible, that the mother was used to provide a hairbrush maybe..? Or maybe other DNA? Again I think from other sources than our sheriff!!
Karen's mother was asked to give a DNA sample that could be compared to any possible evidence found.

“While I Breathe I Hope”

Since: Feb 12

Marble Falls, TX

#70101 Oct 9, 2012
JusMe3 wrote:
<quoted text>
And, JMO, but I have never thought (regardless who is responsible) that this was an act of premeditation. I think it was a sudden tragic moment that could never be taken back. Probably regretted the moment it was done. Doesn't make it any less wrong tho. And, the fact that she was thrown out just multiplied the act. When I think of the horror that those children went through, the agony of wondering, worrying and then knowing that she had been out there in that condition all that time it breaks my heart.
JMO
I totallly agree with your concept of what happened JM. I think it was an altercation when K came home possibly some pushing and shoving and it went to far and he panicked and couldn't man up to what happened so the delusion of her missing.
Emanon

Sioux City, IA

#70102 Oct 9, 2012
JusMe3 wrote:
<quoted text>
Her mother's DNA was used for a match. I think that was just to make sure it was accurate without any doubt or reason for doubt.
that makes sense!
get a grip

Cedar Grove, TN

#70103 Oct 9, 2012
Some news stories have stated that clothing was "found at the scene" of where her body was found. So that's a third POSSIBLE location. One article said that her costume was in the vehicle, but not her purse. No idea if that's true or not, but if it is, it doesn't mean that her purse wasn't found somewhere else. Hmmm...interesting.
Mrs Tea

Malden, MA

#70104 Oct 9, 2012
While I Breath I Hope wrote:
<quoted text>Good evening to you too Mrs. Tea..nice to see you also. I also remember the issue over the clothes. Not sure what has been revealed has come from LE or word of mouth.I do remember the statement concerning the clothes found by the river one had to beleive them being found several days later and found so neatly placed had been planted. I also remember about the mother being dna tested because DS wouldn't give LE anything to test. I really don't know where that came from either. I think the Grandjury meets the 2nd week but not sure. I think if Obion Co. met this week then Dyer Co. should be next.
good! then maybe some answers!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time for my Mexican friends swim in the pool,(t... 18 min I wont judge you 5
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 1 hr Chopperblades Redoux 11,594
Sarah Huckabee Sanders refused service 2 hr Realist 5
Dis, attorney Goodman or Horner ? 3 hr Voter 26
Jeff box 4 hr Neighbor Hood 7
Dyersburg Hospital ( West Tn Healthcare 5 hr Janice 13
Jimmy Bingham 6 hr Climmer 3

Dyersburg Jobs

Personal Finance

Dyersburg Mortgages