Search for Missing Karen Swift

“Public Safety: "Saving Lives"”

Since: Jul 11

Jasper, GA

#6683 Dec 26, 2011
For those that think that info from the Medical Examiner's Office will be released today:

(today is a Federal Holiday- honored by State & Municipal Govt Agencies)

http://www.shelbycountytn.gov/Calendar.aspx ?

Offices Closed - Christmas

December 23, 8:00 AM - Decem ber 26, 4:30 PM @ 160 N.Main st

Only Emergency personnel(fire/LE, etc) work on Holidays, and these are normally those government employees with low seniority and very little authority, from my experience.

Wolfscratch

Jasper, GA

#6684 Dec 26, 2011
A letter to Santa from a family member of a missing/murdered victim:

Dear Santa,
I'm writing you this letter as I'm feeling a little blue, so I hope you don't think I am asking too much of you. You visit every year and leave everyone such wonderful things, but I'm wondering if you also visit our loved ones who have wings?... I know you must be busy, so much to do in just one night, but could you please make an extra trip to the stars that shine so bright?
You see ..........we all have special loved ones -too perfect for life on earth, no presents could we send them to truly show their worth. So could you please leave them all a gift and put a stocking on their cloud, filled full of precious presents from their loved ones on the ground. Please stroke their sleepy heads, tell them their families love them so, that their hearts ache with sadness and their tears just seem to flow.
If you could do this for me santa, their families might be able to smile, even if it is just for a tiny, little while. So thank you very much Santa for everything you do, after all it is Christmas, up in heaven too..

ws

Jasper, GA

#6685 Dec 26, 2011
ValleyPeach, it wouldn't be unusual for Karen to have went to the Trimble house to clean in the early morning hours, or even during the quiet of the night.
According to the info in the texts, she had very little to do to complete the job & get paid. With a sick child at home asleep, she may have wanted spend the day with her, once she awoke.

WS
ValleyPeach

Nashwauk, MN

#6686 Dec 26, 2011
Wolfscratch Glenn Adams wrote:
ValleyPeach, it wouldn't be unusual for Karen to have went to the Trimble house to clean in the early morning hours, or even during the quiet of the night.
According to the info in the texts, she had very little to do to complete the job & get paid. With a sick child at home asleep, she may have wanted spend the day with her, once she awoke.
WS
Sooo...under this scenario, it would be a crime of opportunity? Was the Trimble house in the opposite direction of how the car was found?(allowing for it to have been turned around to return home with the flat)? Allowing that as well, then she got out to walk home, or look at the tire, and someone happened to be there, took her clothes and scattered them near the car, killed her and took her to the cemetary?
Or... she was in her car on the way to Trimble, had the flat somewhere else, but as in the previous scenario a killer happened by, then took her car, planted the body, then planted the car?

The problem I have here is the crime of opportunity in that sparsely populated area, at that time of day.
The scenario that it was someone she knew, implies they would have known exactly where she was at that hour.
All roads lead back to David, until we hear from the M.E. He is in a tough spot. But if Box really did share confidential details with him, perhaps he is not so concerned about being charged.
Perhaps Tuesday will hold answers.

Jasper, GA

#6687 Dec 26, 2011
ValleyPeach wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooo...under this scenario, it would be a crime of opportunity? Was the Trimble house in the opposite direction of how the car was found?(allowing for it to have been turned around to return home with the flat)? Allowing that as well, then she got out to walk home, or look at the tire, and someone happened to be there, took her clothes and scattered them near the car, killed her and took her to the cemetary?
Or... she was in her car on the way to Trimble, had the flat somewhere else, but as in the previous scenario a killer happened by, then took her car, planted the body, then planted the car?
The problem I have here is the crime of opportunity in that sparsely populated area, at that time of day.
The scenario that it was someone she knew, implies they would have known exactly where she was at that hour.
All roads lead back to David, until we hear from the M.E. He is in a tough spot. But if Box really did share confidential details with him, perhaps he is not so concerned about being charged.
Perhaps Tuesday will hold answers.
Valleypeach, I was only addressing the Trimble house issue. As far as a crime of opportunity, guess anything is possible.

RE: The problem I have here is the crime of opportunity in that sparsely populated area, at that time of day.(Valleypeach)

During hunting season & the Halloween parties, etc., seeing traffic in the early morning hours in sparsely populated areas would not be uncommon.

Wolfscratch
Sweet

Dyersburg, TN

#6688 Dec 26, 2011
West Tn wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you happen to know if they had Christmas out of town with other family members around the kids to help during this time ( instead of them alone at home without mama at Christmas?). Just really had them on my mind this wkend.
I heard that walmart employees got together and helped pay Karens layaway out for the kids. Sweet huh?
ummmmmmm

Murray, KY

#6689 Dec 26, 2011
irate observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Failing to stick to the subject and offer serious commentary is exactly what destroyed the Holly Bobo site. Toward the end there were only a couple of posters hanging on and talking about themselves. Ordinary people who have an interest in the case are not interested in all that personal diatribe. The intent of these forums is to offer insight and perspective on the case and to generally share information. Some of you just get on here to fight one another and to whine. Very boring. First thing you know, you and a couple of others will be all that is left.
Ummmmmmmm says... failing to stick with the subject, when you attacked me?... I don't think that you stuck with the subject... you just wanted to argue with me... or fight with me... I don't talk about my self... I just tell the truth... So why don't you eat your own words about attacking someone, staying on the subject...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#6690 Dec 26, 2011
Wolfscratch Glenn Adams wrote:
<quoted text>Valleypeach, I was only addressing the Trimble house issue. As far as a crime of opportunity, guess anything is possible.

RE: The problem I have here is the crime of opportunity in that sparsely populated area, at that time of day.(Valleypeach)

During hunting season & the Halloween parties, etc., seeing traffic in the early morning hours in sparsely populated areas would not be uncommon.

Wolfscratch
if someone did this elsewhere (I.e. trimble house) and drove the car to its location they a) knew Karen and where she lived and b) would have needed someone to follow them OR pick them up unless they lived nearby. Which means 2 people may have been involved. LE needs to look at EVERYONE's phone records from that evening to see if anyone called for a ride from that area. The person may have been so ballsy as to go knock on someone's door and ask to use a phone or ask for a ride if they were a friend of theirs.

Since: Apr 11

I'm from 'Round Here

#6691 Dec 26, 2011
Nutters wrote:
<quoted text>
if someone did this elsewhere (I.e. trimble house) and drove the car to its location they a) knew Karen and where she lived and b) would have needed someone to follow them OR pick them up unless they lived nearby. Which means 2 people may have been involved. LE needs to look at EVERYONE's phone records from that evening to see if anyone called for a ride from that area. The person may have been so ballsy as to go knock on someone's door and ask to use a phone or ask for a ride if they were a friend of theirs.
I don't think they can get phone records just because they want them, they need probable cause and that is hard to get unless they can show they were possibly involved in her disappearance/murder.

Location hidden

#6692 Dec 26, 2011
Just so you will know wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think they can get phone records just because they want them, they need probable cause and that is hard to get unless they can show they were possibly involved in her disappearance/murder.
One way would be to ask them for it it's easy to go online and pull your cell phone log... see if you get any resistance. Most folks would be happy to help. See how folks react to it and then go from there.

“Can't fix ugly or stupid!”

Since: Oct 10

Gander Mountain

#6693 Dec 26, 2011
Just so you will know wrote:
<quoted text>
LE can ask anyone to voluntarily give up their phone records.

I'm from 'Round Here

#6694 Dec 26, 2011
Maddy_ O_ Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
LE can ask anyone to voluntarily give up their phone records.
LE can ask anyone to volunteer to give up anything, but that doesn't mean they are going to do it. Even in the middle of a murder investigation, there are those that want their privacy perhaps regarding other matters in their lives. Just because they won't give permission doesn't mean they are involved in a murder case. Some people are big on privacy.

Location hidden

#6695 Dec 26, 2011
most poeple aren't making phone calls between 1 and what was it? 5 am? either...

I'm from 'Round Here

#6696 Dec 26, 2011
Nutters wrote:
most poeple aren't making phone calls between 1 and what was it? 5 am? either...
Good point! lol
Tweetybird

Milan, TN

#6697 Dec 26, 2011
Nutters wrote:
<quoted text>
One way would be to ask them for it it's easy to go online and pull your cell phone log... see if you get any resistance. Most folks would be happy to help. See how folks react to it and then go from there.
Le can supeano any one phone record's ,the general public can not anymore,all can be traced except some phones like tracphone ,but if you call a bellsouth number from a trac phone your number will show up.

Location hidden

#6698 Dec 26, 2011
I'm sorry but if these people claim to be her friends and want to help her they should be bending over backwards. If the sheriff asks for phone records by all means they should pull them or sign a release with a smile and and thank the sheriff for asking for them! Same with any other INNOCENT person who was at that party!!

Did the trimble house have a phone line?

Location hidden

#6699 Dec 26, 2011
Nutters wrote:
I'm sorry but if these people claim to be her friends and want to help her they should be bending over backwards. If the sheriff asks for phone records by all means they should pull them or sign a release with a smile and and thank the sheriff for asking for them! Same with any other INNOCENT person who was at that party!!
Did the trimble house have a phone line?
I doubt the Trimble house had a land line phone. I understood that the house was a vacant Habitat home and no one was living in it.

As far as the phone records, no one can say one way or another whether or not her friends provided the records to the Sheriff, or even if or who the Sheriff requested this information from.

Location hidden

#6700 Dec 26, 2011
I also don't see her going out after 2am to clean a house that she planned to clean later that same morning. She reportedly gets up at 6am daily and if that is the case, she had already put in a full day and a late night before going to bed at 2am. When was she going to get any sleep? She had to sleep at some time.

Location hidden

#6701 Dec 26, 2011
DarkOrbit wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt the Trimble house had a land line phone. I understood that the house was a vacant Habitat home and no one was living in it.
As far as the phone records, no one can say one way or another whether or not her friends provided the records to the Sheriff, or even if or who the Sheriff requested this information from.
That is true. Just responding to the whole "privacy" concern.

Location hidden

#6702 Dec 26, 2011
I know sometimes if I am wound up/or upset and can't sleep I find things to do. Maybe it was the same for her. I'm not saying that she went to Trimble house...but if she didn't want to wake anyone up in the house being restless where would she go?

She had a landscaping job the next week. Did she have storage somewhere she needed to organize before the job?

Did she tell a friend she'd meet for drinks/coffee after she got her girl to bed?

So many possibilities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What does anyone know about Companion Pet Rescu... (Jan '10) 59 min Betty Vincenzo 109
cheating 7 hr haha 2
Idictments are out 8 hr Guest 58
Pay scale 8 hr Guest 2
Just love me back 8 hr Guest 13
shooting in Trimble 8 hr Guest 6
Kristen Johnson aggrivated burglary 8 hr update 5