Interested

Dyersburg, TN

#6128 Dec 20, 2011
pocahontas wrote:
<quoted text>
our local paper in pocahontas had three local friends of karen swift reflect on her life , one stated David and the children were at her house for thanksgiving, another women and her children have visted the young girls and had gone to the family fall festival with the young girls, from the report in the paper theses families have been helping out as much as they can.
RIP Karen
I am glad someone is being kind to that family during this horrific time. Maybe the folks in his hometown are more open minded and sympathetic than the people in Dyersburg. I hope some of his friends are helping with the girls , they so need a gentle hand right now. There is a lot of hostility aimed at him on this thread. Maybe they won't release the body until after Christmas and the family can plan a memorial for her at a later date .
Nativegrl

Memphis, TN

#6129 Dec 20, 2011
I used to have to go to the medical examiner's office here in Memphis fairly often because of work.
It's a very up-to-date facility that does topnotch work.
All of the craziness of the O.C. Smith as coroner days is over with.
As far as the husband being guilty I just don't see it as a foregone conclusion and I pray that he is not involved in any way.
Sad enough already for this family!
God be with everyone involved and see them through this Christmas Season.
Interested

Dyersburg, TN

#6130 Dec 20, 2011
Nativegrl wrote:
I used to have to go to the medical examiner's office here in Memphis fairly often because of work.
It's a very up-to-date facility that does topnotch work.
All of the craziness of the O.C. Smith as coroner days is over with.
As far as the husband being guilty I just don't see it as a foregone conclusion and I pray that he is not involved in any way.
Sad enough already for this family!
God be with everyone involved and see them through this Christmas Season.
Dyersburg paper said to today ME has not finished the complete examination Still asking for anyone with information or who saw her car to please notify the Sheriff's office. This tells me the case is still wide open.
all you smart folks

Murray, KY

#6131 Dec 20, 2011
sad thing is it may be wide open years from now. May never get closure,

“Public Safety: "Saving Lives"”

Since: Jul 11

Jasper, GA

#6132 Dec 20, 2011
Interested wrote:
<quoted text> Dyersburg paper said to today ME has not finished the complete examination Still asking for anyone with information or who saw her car to please notify the Sheriff's office. This tells me the case is still wide open.
Sheriff's dept., TBI awaiting coroner's report on Swift

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1796485.htm...

ws
Interested

Dyersburg, TN

#6133 Dec 20, 2011
Wolfscratch Glenn Adams wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheriff's dept., TBI awaiting coroner's report on Swift
http://www.stategazette.com/story/1796485.htm...
ws
I thought TBI had their own forensics labs.
NOSEY--NOSEY--NO SEY

Jackson, TN

#6134 Dec 20, 2011
Divorce in Dyer County.
IMO will be in (), the truth will not be.
Mrs K can file a petition against Mr. D for a divorce in court. LE will serve D with a copy of the divorce. The 30 day clock starts. If D does not contest the divorce,he signs the petition within 30 days. The judge will order D and K to go to marriage counseling which costs about $300. If the counselor tells the judge they should be divorced, the judge signs the order and the divorce becomes final in 90 days.
Until D signs the petition it will lay in the court' office for ever. K can go back to court and force D to sign the petition get lawyers and go before the court and the judge will hear the case. Make K and D go to a marriage pay $300 dollars and the he will grant the divorce to be final in 90 days. In this case the judge will decide who gets what, how much child support will be and how much alimony will be.
(IMO if K dies before 30 days has expired, she dies married to D. Who gets what gets confusing from this point.)
all you smart folks

Murray, KY

#6135 Dec 20, 2011
who gets to pay all of her funeral expense, and bills she owed etc. Also gets drug through the mud and accused of killing her. In short he gets the shaft. As well as trying to explain to the kids what happened
someone

Murray, KY

#6136 Dec 20, 2011
all you smart folks wrote:
who gets to pay all of her funeral expense, and bills she owed etc. Also gets drug through the mud and accused of killing her. In short he gets the shaft. As well as trying to explain to the kids what happened
At least he wasn't murdered.
NOSEY--NOSEY--NO SEY

Jackson, TN

#6137 Dec 20, 2011
If her husband did not kill her and I beginning to believe its JUST TOO OBVIOUS, somebody is doing a damn good job tryng to frame him.
IMO....it was somebody close to her ...husband, really close friend, someone obsessed with her....
they dumped her close to the cemetary because if she was a whore he couldn't put her IN the cemetary. He put her near to the cross for forgiveness. He really didn't hide her because he wanted her to be found quickly. The first place a competent LE should have looked. Like the first or second day. IMO....
all you smart folks

Murray, KY

#6138 Dec 20, 2011
No he wasn't but all that he is going through he may wish he had been. Now everyone accusing him of doing this. He is not a stupid man he would not have done this. He would have known he would get caught. The person that did it is counting on him being accused.

Ash Flat, AR

#6139 Dec 20, 2011
NOSEY--NOSEY--NOSEY wrote:
If her husband did not kill her and I beginning to believe its JUST TOO OBVIOUS, somebody is doing a damn good job tryng to frame him.
IMO....it was somebody close to her ...husband, really close friend, someone obsessed with her....
they dumped her close to the cemetary because if she was a whore he couldn't put her IN the cemetary. He put her near to the cross for forgiveness. He really didn't hide her because he wanted her to be found quickly. The first place a competent LE should have looked. Like the first or second day. IMO....
Your sick! Your talking about a mother who devoted her life to her kids. No one knows what happen that night and with your evil words this does help the case.
all you smart folks

Murray, KY

#6140 Dec 20, 2011
I sure hope that David, the kids or Karen's mother read this awful stuff. I would like to know the Mothers take on this. I wonder if she thinks David did this. No comment has been made that I have read that she blames him
all you smart folks

Murray, KY

#6141 Dec 20, 2011
oh i meant to say do not read this stuff
Interested

Dyersburg, TN

#6142 Dec 20, 2011
NOSEY--NOSEY--NOSEY wrote:
Whoever put her there didn't care about forgiveness. He placed her there because it was close and convenient. The cross and the cemetery had nothing to do with it .
Jen

Jackson, TN

#6143 Dec 20, 2011
I heard today that David was just fired from his job or company affiliated with dropped him and that word is that she WAS wearing pajamas. Had anyone else heard this?
someone

Murray, KY

#6144 Dec 20, 2011
all you smart folks wrote:
No he wasn't but all that he is going through he may wish he had been. Now everyone accusing him of doing this. He is not a stupid man he would not have done this. He would have known he would get caught. The person that did it is counting on him being accused.
Most murderers are most definitely NOT stupid. They're dangerously smart.

I really hope he didn't do it, for those poor kids' sake. But if he didn't do it, he will go on and live a normal life eventually. He'll move off somewhere and start a new life. He'll hardly wish he had been murdered.

If he did do it, may he live a long and tormented life. That goes for whomever did it.

There's really no comparison between being murdered and going through an albeit tough, but temporary time. Karen is the real victim here.
concernedcitizen

Henderson, TN

#6145 Dec 20, 2011
yes i heard she has on her pajamas
concernedcitizen

Henderson, TN

#6146 Dec 20, 2011
sorry, had on her pajamas

Ash Flat, AR

#6147 Dec 20, 2011
concernedcitizen wrote:
yes i heard she has on her pajamas
Was that in the news or just a rumor floating around?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
is chick fil a making anyone else sick? (Mar '12) 11 min Bing 165
BACK in the DAY 16 min bob 4
Rid the burg 27 min knock knock 9
pepper_126 (Mar '13) 30 min Dickens1 7,570
Newbern Helicopter 53 min dont know 2
tax returns 58 min Kurt Cooks 17
Name this useless boy... 1 hr U get what u give 3
I been hearing on the streets that meth heads 7 hr Taking the trash out 55
A Prayer Chain 4 Karen Swift 14 hr guest 63
Shocked...Not 14 hr guest 27